• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gave this game a proper go yesterday and bought Sylvanas and im loving her play style. Mid game I roll around with my squad of powered up mercs and we take down towers and keeps in no time. I find her a bit slow and I cant do much at the beginning but at level 10 or so I find it picks up then.

Just gave this game a proper go yesterday and bought Sylvanas and im loving her play style. Mid game I roll around with my squad of powered up mercs and we take down towers and keeps in no time. I find her a bit slow and I cant do much at the beginning but at level 10 or so I find it picks up then.

Most heroes have that 'feel' of coming into their own at Level 10, but although everyone around you is getting it too i always feel supercharged after hitting that midpoint.

Sylvanas is awesome, one of the two 10k heroes i have bought so far (other being Azmodan). Both characters will demolish a lane if left to their own devices, Sylvanas perhaps being a bit more useful in team fights although lacking the bulk of Azmodan.

Maledict

The fact they didn't have placement matches in place for Hero League still makes me laugh, in a sad sad way,

There will always be someone who wins their first 5 matches in hero league - that's how the odds work. They should not then be thrust into a game where everyone else is rank 1 to 10, and it becomes painfully obvious they just aren't playing at that level. The rest of the team feels bad because they are losing (and points at that level are a grind), the low ranked played feels bad because he gets killed a lot (and unfortunately abused), and the enemy team gets a stomp.

Why Blizzard didn't plan for this at all is utterly beyond me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
well shit let's fucking GO

Boogdud

Start of a match last night. Team warps in, within 3 seconds a teammate (nova) says:

"Good job on wasting $15 Boogdud"

(I'm on my glorious red mecha-tassadar)

I could only reply with "Thanks for your approval"

I pocket shielded him to 10, saving him several times. Then I proceeded to lead with kills, hero and siege damage and xp. Shockingly he didn't say a word after the first 10 seconds..

People are just awesome.

Start of a match last night. Team warps in, within 3 seconds a teammate (nova) says:

"Good job on wasting $15 Boogdud"

(I'm on my glorious red mecha-tassadar)

I could only reply with "Thanks for your approval"

I pocket shielded him to 10, saving him several times. Then I proceeded to lead with kills, hero and siege damage and xp. Shockingly he didn't say a word after the first 10 seconds..

People are just awesome.

Nova brings the hate from both directions, it attracts ass holes to play it and it attracts ass holes to hate you for playing it.

As soon as you miss one snipe someone is on to you for it, had plenty games where I start a bit poorly but end up with all the game changing kills, equally I have been horrible to a nova who died 7 times in 9 minutes at the start then proceeded to turn the game on its head after that. I messaged them afterwards and apologised.

Kioshen

cjoTYOd.png

Welp. I guess I'll need to start on those master skins now. I know there's a criminal lack of Murky in this screenshot but not sure if I'll use the gold for him.

-Digits-

You know it's time to quit for the day when you start losing coop games. We had it all, a dude who was a disconnected bot most game, a Diablo who just ran into the enemy core over and over and over and over and over, people running away from fights to go do completely nonsensical and unrelated stuff. This game man, this game.

Welp. I guess I'll need to start on those master skins now. I know there's a criminal lack of Murky in this screenshot but not sure if I'll use the gold for him.

Nice collection! How many of the ones on FTP this week do you own? I just picked up the Retail Starter Pack so i'm up to 17 heroes and 1 Master (Diablo) now i think.

Kioshen

Nice collection! How many of the ones on FTP this week do you own? I just picked up the Retail Starter Pack so i'm up to 17 heroes and 1 Master (Diablo) now i think.

Around half so I was pretty busy getting them to lv5 since the other one that I owned I'd never used them. I'm missing Azmodan, Diablo and ETC. I was hyped to play Azmodan but in the end I didn't like him but still not sure about the two tanks. Diablo was fun bullying people around so there's that but I haven't found the cow to be that good. I'll probably skew my future purchases toward top tier hero league pick to cover blind spots during the picking phase.

patchday

starting to get hooked on this game. So far only purchased Tyrael but will probably spend a bit more at some point. I like that this game has the daily quests to earn gold.

Really need to learn how to play support though. Today's daily quest dictates I must play 3 matches with one. ouch. Gonna complete that daily in coop with other players against bots I guess

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
12h of Heroes of the Storm with my homie Smooth Operator

Starting right fucking now

LET'S GO

Twookie

Do we ever know the weekly sales in advance?

Weekly Sale Items for June 9 – 16, 2015

Tyrande -- Sale Price: 3.19 GBP, 4.19 EUR/USD
Gazlowe -- Sale Price: 2.49 GBP, 3.19 EUR/USD

Warden Tyrande Skin -- Sale Price: 2.70 GBP, 3.69 EUR/USD
Big Top Gazlowe Skin -- Sale Price: 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR/USD
Shan’do Illidan Skin -- Sale Price: 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR/USD

Magic Carpet Mount -- Sale Price: 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR/USD

You know it's time to quit for the day when you start losing coop games. We had it all, a dude who was a disconnected bot most game, a Diablo who just ran into the enemy core over and over and over and over and over, people running away from fights to go do completely nonsensical and unrelated stuff. This game man, this game.

I think the game also occasionally throws co-op curveballs at you. A few days ago I was in a co-op game and we got utterly and completely wrecked. It was almost like we were playing hacked characters, I think the final kill count was 44-4 against us. If they so much as looked in our direction, we died (2-3 basic attacks would take us down). We never even took a single gate.

Yoshichan

WE ARE THREE MEN IN A PRE-MADE

WE SIGN UP FOR QUICK MATCH

WHY DIDN'T THE GAME ASSIGN US A SUPPORT

Alavard

Looks like we're getting weekly maintenance tomorrow (US that is). I guess a balance patch is possible, though if I'm reading correctly, the maintenance might be all of Battle.net in general, and not game-specific.

Alavard

WE ARE THREE MEN IN A PRE-MADE

WE SIGN UP FOR QUICK MATCH

WHY DIDN'T THE GAME ASSIGN US A SUPPORT

Because the match making doesn't have a rule that mandates a support. If your team doesn't get a support (and isn't a full premade), the other team shouldn't either, however.

fedexpeon

Banned
Man...I need to play with some Gaffer or something.
I can't break the rank 3 barrier, I am stuck at rank 5 now...
Solo queuing is the worse...fucking trolled me into rank 30-40 players.
WTF...This match system is so dumb. Especially how they allow a group of 3 friends to queue up with 5 random strangers...brah, for real? Blizzard needs to go steal codes from LoL/HoN/DoTA, because at this point, they don't know what they are doing.

-Digits-

I think the game also occasionally throws co-op curveballs at you. A few days ago I was in a co-op game and we got utterly and completely wrecked. It was almost like we were playing hacked characters, I think the final kill count was 44-4 against us. If they so much as looked in our direction, we died (2-3 basic attacks would take us down). We never even took a single gate.

That sounds quite painful. Such a waste of time when that happens.

You run into bad Murky more than bad Abathur?

I run into bad Murky more than Aba period.

I rarely ever even see Murky good or bad (maybe 1 in 20 matches if that) but I see Abathur at least twice a night.

I'm not sure what you mean by sustain Murky. Maybe new players not understanding he requires sustained annoyance of the enemy to be effective? I mean he's not a hero putting out a ton of hero damage regularly unless people are dumb or your team has a wombo. If he's siege mode and never helping team fights I could see it I guess.

I don't know why you have to protect a Murky though. He's there and does best at being a buffer to protect everyone else with body blocks, slows and zoning and then the eventual follow up to finish fights. And at 10 he allows your team to more or less instantly delete an enemy and then at 20 he can instantly delete a good stable of heroes all by his lonesome so long as the Murky chose Octo.

The two Abathur's I see each night are often 50/50 at best and 0% winrate more than I'd like because of the comp RNG of matchmaking. He's far more reliant on a specific type of team to be effective IMO. Murky can make gold out of shit with just about any comp if it has damage and can stall the game late enough.

You don't understand what I mean when I say 4 Protect 1 but it's more of a Dota thing (maybe LoL too?) where 4 players have to hold the lanes and match for X amount of time before a carry they've been baby sitting in safe lane or jungle finishes farming, gets a bunch of big ticket items, comes online and starts wrecking the other team.

I'm not saying you literally have to protect Murky or Abathur, what I'm saying sometimes when you're playing with either of those heroes it feels like the strain of that without the reward. Like you're down a hero that never comes online.

And by sustain I mean literally not feeding every time he spawns and runs into anything. Teamfights, forts, lone heroes, Mercs, minions...like a lemming, over and over and over and over. There's being a continual distraction or annoyance, preventing them from completing an objective and then there's being a lemming, or worse just camping a lane with March like it's Alpha Murky.

Raven77

Okay i'm just going to admit this up front. I'm new to MOBA's, as are all of my friends. A few of us are giving this a proper go and seeing what we think. So far after about a week we all really like it.

We're all trying to spend as little real money as possible and looking to see which characters are the best to spend our gold on. Right now two of us have 7000 and the other 2 have 4000 in gold. What I mean by "best" is characters that we'll all around get the most enjoyment, competitiveness, and value out of. Personally I REALLY enjoy playing the medic classes. That and any other tips or suggestions for a bunch of MOBA newbs?

Yoshichan

3 people in our group (EU)

we need 2 more. I'm done with pugs.

kirblar

"We don't need a healer, we already have Tyrande"
After the Valla threatened to AFK after I last picked BW on Sky Temple, we proceeded to 31-2 them.
Okay i'm just going to admit this up front. I'm new to MOBA's, as are all of my friends. A few of us are giving this a proper go and seeing what we think. So far after about a week we all really like it.

We're all trying to spend as little real money as possible and looking to see which characters are the best to spend our gold on. Right now two of us have 7000 and the other 2 have 4000 in gold. What I mean by "best" is characters that we'll all around get the most enjoyment, competitiveness, and value out of. Personally I REALLY enjoy playing the medic classes. That and any other tips or suggestions for a bunch of MOBA newbs?
Keep saving. I'd usually get to 30-50K built up before splurging after patches. If you don't have Valla, pick up Valla. Since you're avoiding RM purchases, pick up ETC/LiLi at the 2K tier. I'd recommend the Starter Bundle since you get a mount and Stimpack w/ the 3 2K heroes. (There is a bundle available for 16 bux on http://www.dlgamer.us/ for 20% off that's cost-effective relative to the 50% off sale as well, and that one has Li Li)

Anub is also an easy pick up as noted below. He's OP atm.

fedexpeon

Banned

Anub, highest winrate % right now. And so cheap! He can do everything and become broken at level 20 with Rewind.
If you hit 20 on Anub first before the enemies, your chance of winning skyrocket and you will the end the game before they reach level 20.
Valla, another top tier assassin with a default escape ability and ASPD modifier to eat through everything.
Lili, another cheap hero that you can abuse if they have a bunch of right-click assassins. She has a great tool kit to help out with AOE team fight and CC counter.

I think you can buy all of them for 10k...I can't remember because the price is dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom