• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Anub can tank too if need arises, Anub doesn't even need a healer at times, Anub can go toe to toe with a ranged assassin even, Anub can do everything, Anub da god. It only needs a team half decent at supporting him and knowing what's up, which was a rarity today for me! So many clueless people on hero league as I'm staring my ascend, I hope it gets better when I hit 20 something rank. Lower levels are no better than quick match...

Maledict

idream new list: http://heroesofthestorm.github.io/idream-tierlist

and zuna updated his zera build

He still has chain bomb listed at 13 for Kael which seems odd - haven't seen that played at all since the hotfox.

Personally, I find myself taking the stun talent at level 4 instead of gathering power nowadays. People are getting very good at killing Kael, so you often lose your stacks, and I find that improving your stun makes you a lot more useful in the early game where you can combo with the rest of your team to provide more lockdown for kills.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sales dont go live on mondays anymore?

I need mah clown

brian!

im not sure he's updated the builds

I personally check whether I need flamethrower, by level 16 one should have enough knowledge of how the matchup is going, chain bomb is worse now but it's still chain bomb

nether wind definitely good, I should start getting it if I'm expecting to be blown up a lot

He still has chain bomb listed at 13 for Kael which seems odd - haven't seen that played at all since the hotfox.

Personally, I find myself taking the stun talent at level 4 instead of gathering power nowadays. People are getting very good at killing Kael, so you often lose your stacks, and I find that improving your stun makes you a lot more useful in the early game where you can combo with the rest of your team to provide more lockdown for kills.

Chain Bomb is still good. It's not like you sacrifice Ignite to get it, just Flamethrower. There are some games where you can be greedy and not have to worry as much about having such a large cast range if you have good positioning or your team is simply dominating the map.

I guess the main issue with adding characters is they have way more Warcraft characters to choose from than anything else.

They should stay 1:1:1 to their main franchises as much as possible, but I know that won't be likely. I want their more obscure properties integrated for sure though. Lost Vikings seem lonely right now on that front.

I wish more StarCraft :(

Fenix, Artanis, Samir, Vulture, Infector, etc.

Teal raynor skin please!

Alur

Just popped in Mumble on Yoshichan and Zafir - the number one player killer heroes EU. Had to let them hear my southern drawl. I think they were impressed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just popped in Mumble on Yoshichan and Zafir - the number one player killer heroes EU. Had to let them hear my southern drawl. I think they were impressed.
#1 fan EU, right here! You should stop by more often :3!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Perfect voice? Lol. I sound like a Yank or so I'm told quite often.
Only I am the judge of that! Join our channel and let me hear your voice~

matchmaking getting worse every day it feels like.

GhjrZZr.png

Zafir

We can't all have a perfectly normal everyday voice like you Milly79. We each have our struggles.
Not at all what I expected. ^^

Well, as a Yorkshire girl my accent is probably the UK's equivalent to a Southern US accent. :p

Yoshichan

If you're still on when I get back I will, but you'll probably be in bed by that point.

I'll be online for like three more hours or so :D

Apparently one of the big things they're concerned about is uprezzing -- they talked about reluctance to do DII heroes because of the updates that would be needed to the character models.

It happens that most of the Starcraft heroes are still around in SCII, and obviously everybody in Warcraft is in WoW and just got a facelift, but unfortunately all the Diablo heroes die off or at least get very old at the end of every game, so they haven't returned in DIII to be modeled with up-to-date technology.

It's too bad, because I think DII heroes/villains would be extremely popular. I would spend real money on a Javazon, for sure.

(Also don't forget Overwatch because believe me you're going to see a lot of those guys in Heroes.)
That's discouraging, they have to AT LEAST get the other two Prime Evils Baal & Mephisto in! Two of the most important characters in the Diablo story.

I mean, if they can remodel the Lost Vikings i can't imagine it being too far'fetched.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
That's discouraging, they have to AT LEAST get the other two Prime Evils Baal & Mephisto in! Two of the most important characters in the Diablo story.

I mean, if they can remodel the Lost Vikings i can't imagine it being too far'fetched.

That was even three models!

fedexpeon

Banned
So weird reading some of the posts saying that Muradin is slow.
He has a lot of mobility, and all of his abilities are to catch up to people.
Even if you guys are referring to his attack speed, Muradin is all about burst damage.
If you get caught 1v1 with Muradin, you will die if you don't have a slow or an ability to blink.
Perfect storm hits so hard and single TC hit so hard on an assassin, you want to cry.
Even 2v1 him, it will take awhile to kill him in avatar form, and by the team both team catch up to help, you guys aren't going to win due to stone form. He is back in action again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Apparently one of the big things they're concerned about is uprezzing -- they talked about reluctance to do DII heroes because of the updates that would be needed to the character models.

It happens that most of the Starcraft heroes are still around in SCII, and obviously everybody in Warcraft is in WoW and just got a facelift, but unfortunately all the Diablo heroes die off or at least get very old at the end of every game, so they haven't returned in DIII to be modeled with up-to-date technology.

It's too bad, because I think DII heroes/villains would be extremely popular. I would spend real money on a Javazon, for sure.

(Also don't forget Overwatch because believe me you're going to see a lot of those guys in Heroes.)

Uprezing... what exactly? Every character in Heroes is a new model, it's the same work making a Diablo 2 character as it is making a WoW character.

Sheik

You can't take Quick Match seriously. I use QM to play with friends, mess around with builds, or practice hero mechanics. Until they create a draft mode for QM then that's all it's good for.

Things I'm dying for- ranking system rework, rank reset, QM draft mode, draft trading, skin gifting, the new map, a Diablo support, and the Funko mystery boxes to come to Canada so I can buy some :(.

(Anyone looking for more people to play with? I'll probably be playing a lot the next couple of weeks to take advantage of launch bonus exp. Reply or PM me!)

davepoobond

Uprezing... what exactly? Every character in Heroes is a new model, it's the same work making a Diablo 2 character as it is making a WoW character.

i think what "uprezzing" means in this context is that in some cases they are able to pull the old model and base it on that, but in some cases, like in StarCraft 1 they arent able to do that so they have to essentially re-design the character completely from scratch.

it seems like theyre just leaving it open-ended to say "well, we told you" when people complain about a model they dont like.

Rhaknar

i think what "uprezzing" means in this context is that in some cases they are able to pull the old model and base it on that, but in some cases, like in StarCraft 1 they arent able to do that so they have to essentially re-design the character completely from scratch.

it seems like theyre just leaving it open-ended to say "well, we told you" when people complain about a model they dont like.

What model did they pick from anyware? Neither the wow nor the Diablo models look anything like their games versions. Maybe the Starcraft ones I guess since they were always bulky

Syf

Banned
What model did they pick from anyware? Neither the wow nor the Diablo models look anything like their games versions. Maybe the Starcraft ones I guess since they were always bulky
I feel the opposite. Especially Kerrigan. Such a terrible representation of her in this game. I hope she gets an update soon.

Alur

Perfect voice? Lol. I sound like a Yank or so I'm told quite often.

You just have standard American male accent. Every movie ever that doesn't have some kind of accented slant due to plot has dudes who sound like you. You are lucky.

Me on the other hand...my accent is only good for movies like Deliverance and TV shows like Justified. :D

Not at all what I expected. ^^

Well, as a Yorkshire girl my accent is probably the UK's equivalent to a Southern US accent. :p

Your accent is the best. If I could have a new one that wasn't everyday everyman accent, I'd choose yours. And I'd say a lot of foul things in chat.

My man Yoshi sounds a bit like our dear King Henrik Lundqvist.

davepoobond

i'm really not sure. I was bringing this up a couple hours ago. Like, Jaina's model is definitely not from WoW, but could possibly be from Warcraft 3 and then made better.

It must be easier to make models in StarCraft 2's engine, and i'm only guessing that StarCraft 2 is an updated version of WarCraft 3's engine and StarCraft's engine is probably defunct after Brood Wars was developed by another company completely.

in the end, any guess seems to be just as good as any other. I don't know if Blizzard has talked about their development process a whole lot for Heroes of the Storm

Pooya

all the models are brand new, Warcraft 3 models? you have no idea how bad they are.

The only thing that I feel might have been reused are Raynor's Banshees.

Syf

Banned
Tychus' Odin (Thor) is reused from the collector's edition Thor model from SC2. Yes, it's the wrong unit. No, Blizzard doesn't care.

davepoobond

all the models are brand new, Warcraft 3 models? you have no idea how bad they are.

The only thing that I feel might have been reused are Raynor's Banshees.

well, whatever their process of "uprezzing" is, its got to be based on something, right? they might not "re-use" the models but they are certainly basing something off them.

GVA1987

Going to have to give the game a break. 10 losses in a row most of which was due to one or two players afk and brand new Raynors with no idea. I just can't do it.

Ghost23

Been playing a lot of Valla and LiLi. I'm liking support at the moment because I'm usually matched with teams that don't use supports, and I feel pretty decent at supporting the team. I have 9000 gold right now- who should my next hero be? Either an assassin or support hero.

Could be worse. This is a game I just won:

I felt genuinely bad for the other team.

While that team may have lost the match overall, there is no reason that team make up should lose as badly as they did vs your team unless they were just garbage at the game.

Brickwalker's game was legit awful... 3 tanks 2 support... that team was doomed from the start.

Pooya

Been playing a lot of Valla and LiLi. I'm liking support at the moment because I'm usually matched with teams that don't use supports, and I feel pretty decent at supporting the team. I have 9000 gold right now- who should my next hero be? Either an assassin or support hero.

get brightwing if you like support.

Mattiator

Hi all :). Just started playing yesterday. It'd pretty fun so far. I have enough left over cash for one character who would you recommend??

Thanks.

Alavard

Since you're already at 9000, I suggest saving up to 10000 and getting Brightwing.

Alur

Hi all :). Just started playing yesterday. It'd pretty fun so far. I have enough left over cash for one character who would you recommend??

I guess it depends on who you like. The best bet is to level the free heroes to 5 and then tomorrow they will reset and maybe choose one of those after you've tried em all out.

Ideally you wanna get each hero to 5 before buying just to be sure you are going to like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom