• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

solo qm2hard

NxOf88e.png

Whats the deal with people disconnecting and reconnecting a million times during a match? is it some stupid way to afk farm or something?

kirblar

Just ragequit my first match. Guy has BW hovered. I pick Tass since we have Illidan.

He then switches to Valla because "we already have a support"

Cue rage from me and an alt-f4. F that BS.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1/4th into level 8 with Kerrigan. I swear, it felt like going to level 8 with Muradin took an entire day of playing.

Yeah I'm still hatin' on Muradin ._. Kerrigan is so, so much fun. It's like

Q -> SWOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHH, CLANK! ->

W -> KRKRKRKLLLL:........ KSHHHHHHH! ->

E -> SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DEAD

Milly79

Just ragequit my first match. Guy has BW hovered. I pick Tass since we have Illidan.

He then switches to Valla because "we already have a support"

Cue rage from me and an alt-f4. F that BS.

But Brian said you don't need support to win because you u got the yung D and wave clear.

The most annoying thing about quick matches is getting matched with people trying to play this like other mobas. Annoying getting matched with people not playing the objectives...i.e. mines open and they just continue to play their lane. Last game I was the only person on my team in the mines like wtf. Needless to say we got wrecked

Whats the deal with people disconnecting and reconnecting a million times during a match? is it some stupid way to afk farm or something?

I've had times where the game just sits at the loading screen for the map and freezes so I've had to restart it so maybe that? During the actual match no idea. But I've had problems several times while initial load

Celegus

Mine does it every couple of games, it'll lose connection and the screen goes black for a few seconds and then comes back. It's pretty annoying, because it's not like my internet is going out and I've never had an issue in any other game. Hopefully it gets fixed at some point.

Mattiator

I guess it depends on who you like. The best bet is to level the free heroes to 5 and then tomorrow they will reset and maybe choose one of those after you've tried em all out.

Ideally you wanna get each hero to 5 before buying just to be sure you are going to like them.

Thanks for the detailed response your awesome and will do.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just purged my friends list, so if you've been removed from my list, add me again (sorry)!:

Yoshichan#2623

Only EU and only GAFers please ♥

jediyoshi

Bad connection = auto disconnect = auto reconnect. If you're on the end of it, I'm pretty sure it keeps you stuck in the loop until you're ingame to manually exit

Yoshichan

patchday

darn this game is so much fun

Played Li Li quite a bit today since she was on free rotation. At the beginning, she was getting complaint from teammates (omg, Li Li let me die) cause I didnt know what I was doing. Towards the end of the day I'm getting recognized for pulling butts out of the fire :)

JackDT

Pretty sure it's just their computer or the internet lagging, it happens consistently to someone I play with and he's certainly not farming or whatever.

Celegus

darn this game is so much fun

Played Li Li quite a bit today since she was on free rotation. At the beginning, she was getting complaint from teammates (omg, Li Li let me die) cause I didnt know what I was doing. Towards the end of the day I'm getting recognized for pulling butts out of the fire :)

I tried serpent / dragons last match just to see how it is and my team let me know exactly how they felt about that. Some people are just so salty... (it kind of sucked anyway, stick with the heals)

Kusagari

I really wish Murky would get a free week already.

I want to test him thoroughly before buying but he's never been free in my time playing.

Celegus

From the Gamespot review

With the existence of daily quests such as "Win three games" or "Play two games as a Diablo character," gold comes easily, and it never feels like it will take days of playing to unlock whatever character you're looking for.

You wot? Characters cost thousands of gold, daily quests are like 2-300g. I'd say that takes more than a few days of playing to get one..

Complistic

Dailies are 300g and 600g. Combine that with the min of 50g a game and 500g for just trying different heroes and I'd say the prices aren't unreasonable for free to play.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dailies are 300g and 600g. Combine that with the min of 50g a game and 500g for just trying different heroes and I'd say the prices aren't unreasonable for free to play.

Dailies are 200, 300, 600 or 800g

50g isn't the minimum for a game, it's 30g for a win and 20g for a loss unless you have a stimpack

500g isn't for trying heroes, it's for getting to level 5 with them

Dude it's like you were trying to be wrong on every point lol :p

TheYanger

Yeah this game is def more of a slog in terms of in-game currency than any other ive played

Eh, had this debate with a friend last night.

League matches vs Hots matches yield similar amounts of currency per the time investment (League games give more for sure, but hots matches are rarely over 20-25 minutes and often in the teens). League dailies are 150, and hots dailies average out to something like 330 or so. The league champions are cheaper than the hots champions, however. So, on average if you're grinding gold out per game league will accrue champions faster, but if you have a higher percentage of your gold gains through dailies (say, you play 3-4 games per day) hots is vastly better in terms of gains.

I think it's worth remembering that at the moment there are only 35ish champions in hots too.

It's very easy to spend an afternoon playing hots and make a thousand gold, not counting quests.

From the Gamespot review

You wot? Characters cost thousands of gold, daily quests are like 2-300g. I'd say that takes more than a few days of playing to get one..

The first gold purchases will feel like an eternity but the more you play the game the easy you will feel about earning gold.

I dare to say the dailies challenges are better than the first victory of the day since it incentives you to play different kinds of heroes and you wont feel it like a chore or grinding, just do the dailies and you can stop playing if you want for that day

Indignate

Dailies are 200, 300, 600 or 800g

50g isn't the minimum for a game, it's 30g for a win and 20g for a loss unless you have a stimpack

500g isn't for trying heroes, it's for getting to level 5 with them

Dude it's like you were trying to be wrong on every point lol :p

You so aggravated.

Yeah this game is def more of a slog in terms of in-game currency than any other ive played

Really?

I feel like League is worst in that regard. It might just be the quest system though.

And the bonus gold from leveling.

Helznicht

The space marines are such a turn off for me, they seem so out of place in this fantasy game. But since I dont have the will power to get gud at the other mobas, maybe I should try this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's very easy to spend an afternoon playing hots and make a thousand gold, not counting quests.

1000g not counting quests is more than 30 games (at 30g per win unless you have a stimpack), 30 games at 25 min average is 12 hours. That's a long afternoon :p

TheYanger

The space marines are such a turn off for me, they seem so out of place in this fantasy game. But since I dont have the will power to get gud at the other mobas, maybe I should try this.

It's not specifically a fantasy Moba, there'll be starcraft themed maps coming, guarantee it.They were initially trying for a neutral/generic tone, but people want themed maps so that's what they're doing now (like the diablo ones coming). Also, it's intentionally silly. Try it, the tutorial should fix it all up for you :)

1000g not counting quests is more than 30 games (at 30g per win unless you have a stimpack), 30 games at 25 min average is 12 hours. That's a long afternoon :p

25 minute average is insanely high.

Celegus

Dailies are 200, 300, 600 or 800

Well that's good there are some higher ones, I've only had 200s and 300s so far (only started playing with the official release last week). I don't really mind it or anything, since there seems to be a good selection of free ones each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom