• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Random thought I've had: Is Stitches being nerfed to Oblivion contributing to less comeback wins at high levels? He definitely enables them in a way almost no other character does.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have no clown

I am clownless

LOicMJA.gif

Who is everyone's most anticipated unreleased hero?

Mine haven't been announced or rumored, but I'd love to see some sort of Demonology Warlock character. I'd also like to see an Arcane Mage like the Diablo 3 Wizard.

Vol'Jin
Necromancer

not discussed, but I also think it would be cool to get a survival hunter. setting traps and being a nuisance. gotta have snake traps

if i'm good at meepo will i be good at lost vikings

If you're good with at micro-ing with Meepo you'll have little to no problems with The Lost Vikings. There's no need to bind hotkeys for micro-ing individual units or all of the units, TLV have these hotkeys above the empty ability slots. There's only three units and they can die independently of one another. The Lost Vikings do have skills, the lame thing is you have to hit level 4 with the hero, if your Player Account level isn't 25, to unlock them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my most anticipated hero is Leoric because I dont anticipate unannounced shit

dave is ok

aztek is ok
If you're good with at micro-ing with Meepo you'll have little to no problems with The Lost Vikings. There's no need to bind hotkeys for micro-ing individual units or all of the units, TLV have these hotkeys above the empty ability slots. There's only three units and they can die independently of one another. The Lost Vikings do have skills, the lame thing is you have to hit level 4 with the hero, if your Player Account level isn't 25, to unlock them.
They really need to change that. It makes your first game as TLV an awful experience.

Eric WK

So I bought the starter pack which gives me a 150% XP boost or something. Does that stack with the already present launch week XP boost? Or does it stomp it? Did I just waste money by buying the starter pack now because they are running an XP boost for everyone?

They stack. So does the bonus for playing with a friend.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Had some really bad games yesterday being roflstomped 5-6 times in a row...but today it looks like I finally got out of MMR hell.

5 amazing games in a row each one ending really close with both cores at like 10-40%. The last one was sick. 40 minutes @ tomb of the spider queen with a dozen epic teamfights.

Really gotta save that replay somewhere so it doesn't break by some hotfix.

Don't give up if you're having a losing streak. You'll get out of it eventually.

Xater

Is the $20 boxed set worth buying if I plan to play a lot, or am I better off spending real money on specific expensive heroes?

It's a good starting point.

Zagara, Jaina and Zeratul are all good heroes and you basically bught all of them at a discount with this pack. The Zeratul skin is also cool and you get a nice mount. You can probably also get a code online for cheaper than 20 bucks.

Xater

I wish they would let us re-roll at least one quest per day. I am currently not really playing any Starcraft hero and now this quest is just sitting there.

Are we expecting any more Diablo heroes or skins besides The Butcher in the June 30 content update?

Hoping we at least get Leoric and the female Diablo skin...

Xater

Are we expecting any more Diablo heroes or skins besides The Butcher in the June 30 content update?

They are now focusing on Diablo stuff, so you can expect more from that universe coming after the June 30th stuff.

After that I hope we get at least one more classic hero and a classic map. I want to fight while a Rock 'n Roll Racing race is going on around me.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
They are now focusing on Diablo stuff, so you can expect more from that universe coming after the June 30th stuff.

After that I hope we get at least one more classic hero and a classic map. I want to fight while a Rock 'n Roll Racing race is going on around me.

it would be great if you were actually made to race as the objective and the minions are little cars racing around

Pooya

bad matches, dumb team mates every game, so frustrated, gotta do everything myself, dusted off the lost vikings, win win win win win. Feeling much better now. Their OP makes up for dumb teams. Never falling behind in xp ensures that win. For some reason everyone escapes from the boat too, like they have seen Deathwing, and get killed because of it lol.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves

I sort of expect that they release that new Nova skin along with the altered Demonic Tyrael skin. Not sure about the rest. Would be a nice surprise if they release Leoric, but don't count on it. He's probably coming in July.

kirblar

Is the $20 boxed set worth buying if I plan to play a lot, or am I better off spending real money on specific expensive heroes?
One of the sites is selling it for $15.99 online. I have the link earlier in the thread - haven't seen it cheaper yet. Def a decent deal at that price. (You should be able to use the Zeratul skin to unlock BOTH Zeratul and the skin, btw, giving you a free hero for a buddy).

edit: http://www.dlgamer.us/

Xater

it would be great if you were actually made to race as the objective and the minions are little cars racing around

I was thinking about fighting over weapons that you have to get to your team of race cars to get them to win.

One of the sites is selling it for $15.99 online. I have the link earlier in the thread - haven't seen it cheaper yet. Def a decent deal at that price. (You should be able to use the Zeratul skin to unlock BOTH Zeratul and the skin, btw, giving you a free hero for a buddy).

Yes, I can confirm that the Zeratul thing works.

One thing I would like to see in HotS are map hazards. Take a page out of TF2, have a Rock N' Roll Racers themed map where the race track cuts through the middle of the map, like it's the mid capture point on CP_Well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eha84U2Of4

Only instead of a train it would be a mob of race cars that could mow you down. It would make stuns and position altering moves clutch.

Pooya

yeah, I was teaming with a Johanna player earlier with Jaina, he was just picking targets for me and I was taking em down, it was so fun :p
they couldn't do anything to escape with my slow and Johanna's cc.

egruntz

shelaughz
Necromancer.

And my bae Rexxar so I can have yet another ranged assassin because Blizzard heard I liked ranged assassins so they gave me another to add to my stable of ranged assassins.

and because I wanna go face hunter in HOTS

I'm excited for Rexxar too, but why would he be ranged? He wields two axes in Warcraft.

Here's my concept for him :D

Probably won't end up anything like it but it was fun to speculate.

D: Misha
Passive. Pet.
Rexxar starts the game with Misha at his side, who by default goes wherever he goes and attacks whoever he attacks. "D" can be activated to target Misha on a particular enemy, and it can be reactivated to return Misha to her default state. Misha has high health, moderate damage, slow attack speed, and a cleave effect on her attacks. She has the same move speed as Rexxar. Upon death, she re-spawns after two full minutes.

Z: Misha
Active. Mount.
Rexxar's mount is always Misha. Mounting relocates Misha to Rexxar's location, regardless of where she is on the map and regardless of if she is currently rooted, stunned, or damaged. If Misha is killed, Rexxar cannot mount up until she respawns. Mounting time takes twice as long as normal.

Q: Huffer
Active. Skill shot. Pet.
Cooldown: 15 seconds.
Sends Huffer charging at a selected point, damaging, knocking back, and applying a stun to all enemies he makes contact with. The farther Huffer travels, the more damage and stun he deals, to a maximum of 2 seconds. Huffer has a duration, which normally expires once maximum distance is reached (takes 2 seconds) but can be shortened by taking damage (direct or AoE). This means Huffer's charge can be negated at the start if the enemy focuses Huffer down.

W: Leokk
Active. Buff. Pet.
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Calls Leokk to a target location, who grants all nearby allies a 20% increase in attack speed, attack damage, and ability damage. Leokk lasts for 15 seconds and will attack the nearest enemy for that duration with a weak ranged attack. Leokk cannot be relocated from the initial spawn point and can be attacked to shorten his duration.

E: Spirit
Active. Pet.
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Calls Spirit to a target location anywhere on the map, granting full vision in a massive AoE for 3 seconds once he arrives. From there, vision is reduced to a significantly smaller AoE around Spirit, and Spirit orbits the area to gradually show vision of its full circumference. Takes 10 seconds for Spirit to make a full orbit, and Spirit lasts for 20 seconds. Spirit has unlimited range, cannot be relocated from the initial spawn point and deals no damage. Spirit has health and can be killed, but taking damage does not shorten the duration unless fully killed.

R1: Kill Command
Active. Single target.
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Summons wild beasts of all sorts to ravage a target enemy for 5 seconds. These beasts are invulnerable, have slightly above average move speed, and deal 300 (+X p/l) damage over the course of the duration. Your animal companions will also respond to the command if they are already summoned:

Misha will move to attack the enemy and will root them in place for the full duration if she makes contact.
Huffer will redirect his charge (but not home-in) to the enemy and apply the damage and stun applicable to his skill if he makes contact.
Leokk will move to the enemy's location and make the target vulnerable for the full duration.
Spirit will dive to the enemy's location and reveal them for the full duration.

Xater

One thing I would like to see in HotS are map hazards. Take a page out of TF2, have a Rock N' Roll Racers themed map where the race track cuts through the middle of the map, like it's the mid capture point on CP_Well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eha84U2Of4

Only instead of a train it would be a mob of race cars that could mow you down. It would make stuns and position altering moves clutch.

Yep, that's exactly the crazy shit I am looking for.

Also give me Kyle from Blackthorne.

Man, being Reghar and co-tanking with a Tyrael while wearing Abathir's hat and triple killing a Valla, Uther, and Nova feels good. Heals, shields, auto attacks, then throw down a totem so no one can run away from us!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Who is everyone's most anticipated unreleased hero?
Eirena the Enchantress.

Passive: Look! Hidden footprints!
Can always see footprints of enemies from the last 5 seconds. Press D to reveal the nearby area (?? sec cooldown)
Heroic: Charm enemy hero to fight for you for 4 seconds

plz blizzard

Pooya

didn't know they give you gold for playing tutorial, when I played those tutorials back in closed beta in Feb, I didn't get anything. replayed them now to get them some decent gold nice (man, these are terrible and don't teach anything worth a damn), I'm set for Johanna's drop to 10k. bring it.

patchday

Warden Tyrande not good enough for you? :p

Yeah someone slap me. I just purchased that skin. Was trying to only buy things on sale but completely forgot when I saw that skin. Well at least I bought the character itself with ingame gold

Cant wait to play the game wearing my new swag. Enjoying Tyrande. At first, like with any new character, I was really awful. But now finally got into a groove with her

Pooya

I would like a StarCraft support/healer hero other than Tassadar, they could bring that Doctor from SCII WoL, Ariel Hanson. Now make her a minion based healer, she can call in medivacs, heal and/or pull heroes from any place for a short distance and then drop. She could call medics that heal any one nearby for some short time and disappear. Think Azmodan or Zagara but everything heals.

things like zerglings or ultralisks won't be a hero, they are already in the game as spawns. SC doesn't have baby murlocs.

I would guess after Diablo contents are over they focus on StarCraft to cross promote with LotV launch. We should definitely see more and there are quite a few they could make into a hero, Zergs are done though I think. Maybe Primal Zerg, meh. Quite a few likely Protoss choices. Terrans? maybe Duran or Infested Stukov.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom