• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
O6p9aZR.gif
89694_600.gif

Milly79

My connection issues between XO and AT&T are back. Shit is super frustrating.

Nothing I can do on my end. Nothing my ISP can do.

This time it looks like it's AT&T itself so maybe Blizzard can iron it out, but /shrug. This is the second time the game has been unplayable like this in less than a month.

I poured one out for you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Opiate

I now have 9 champions. I am level 27 so have access to all talents.

I haven't even played many of those champions yet, however. With free champs, I currently have access to 13.

I now have 9 champions. I am level 27 so have access to all talents.

I haven't even played many of those champions yet, however. With free champs, I currently have access to 13.

I'm about the same, just hit 26 tonight and I own 10 heroes. I have them all to level 5 or greater, but mostly play Brightwing, Sylvanas, or Zagara. Who do you mostly use?

dmosher

1126 games, but I finally did it :D

As someone new to MOBA's I'm stoked!

IPaVo7xCwo-2000x2000.jpeg

Thanks to Ketch for helping me win the last 2 games I needed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grats dmosher!

Gazlowe is such an amazing Bronze League All-Star hero. When you're playing against a scattered enemy team and you can cap even their merc camps, he's awesome. When the other team rolls as five, and dominates the map, he's fucking useless. "One camp has respawned, wonder where Gazlowe is going to be."

I love the hero anyways, he's so obnoxious to play against on some maps, Dragonshire in particular.

My connection issues between XO and AT&T are back. Shit is super frustrating.

Nothing I can do on my end. Nothing my ISP can do.

This time it looks like it's AT&T itself so maybe Blizzard can iron it out, but /shrug. This is the second time the game has been unplayable like this in less than a month.

Heh. This reminds me why I love living in Japan so much.

I changed providers about 2 weeks ago (taking advantage of the coupon campaign at the large electronic store in town) and realized my new connection was absolute garbage.
Couldn't reliably play anything online. Which was odd because it was supposed to be a 1GB connection compared to my previous 100MB...

I used my old provider's connection for the week, until I could call the ISP on Saturday.
They had a person at our apartment within the hour and he ended up spending like 6 hours isolating the problem. Ended up fixing it and now my internet is absolutely flawless.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i am fucking terrible with kerrigan

or she's just realllllllllllllly situational and dependent on team comp

kirblar

One of the hardest heroes to play in the game. It's a big reason why you don't see her run consistently at the pro level despite the fact that she's super good.

I've never played a MOBA before but I always play a Support role in any game.

I am really liking Li Li.

Stupid question, but how do I know if I am doing good as a Support/Healer?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've never played a MOBA before but I always play a Support role in any game.

I am really liking Li Li.

Stupid question, but how do I know if I am doing good as a Support/Healer?

If people around you don't die

Rookje

1126 games, but I finally did it :D

As someone new to MOBA's I'm stoked!

IPaVo7xCwo-2000x2000.jpeg

Thanks to Ketch for helping me win the last 2 games I needed.

How does one join that Neogaf channel.

I did /join Neogaf, but I don't see how you see a chatlist of people in it?

Yoshichan

Yeeeaaaah! Dat delicious combo though... so good!

TxdoHawk

Even though it almost never goes well, I will always accept a Lost Vikings player on my team just because I get to hear "this hero needs a time oooouuutt!" over and over again.

Also, Falstad 2 good...unless a Nova and a Zeratul decide to tag-team stealth gank you all game. Ugh.

Is there an easier way to blow up Gazlowe turrets than clicking them? It can be a pain sometimes when you're trying to abuse the CD.

I'm starting to "get" Gazlowe, but he is really busy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is there an easier way to blow up Gazlowe turrets than clicking them? It can be a pain sometimes when you're trying to abuse the CD.

I'm starting to "get" Gazlowe, but he is really busy.

Leave my turrets alone

Edit: wait you mean our own for scrap? Trait and click them is the only way :(

Don't have to be next to them at least

Leave my turrets alone

Edit: wait you mean our own for scrap? Trait and click them is the only way :(

Don't have to be next to them at least
A shame. Oh well. I'm liking Gaz more and more each game. He has so many skillshots but it makes getting damage out that much more satisfying. Especially when you hit those lasers.

I think I just enjoy characters with turrets. My main in Smite is Vulcan and he's got one too.

Ainaurdur

I just started playing it tonight.
I find myself wishing I could play it with a controller similar to D3 on the console. Would be more comfortable for me.

Pooya

1433924087-1.jpg

Illidan with two healers on his back couldn't do shit against me muhahaha. It took ages to kill them though...
Tassadar was a big help with force wall though, couldn't do it without that.

Maximus.

Had like 9 wins and 1 lose today mainly with Johanna and some with Thrall. A couple games we fought back from behind, a few the games were really tight and a few we decimated. Johanna really fits my play style, awesome character that isn't for everyone.

bdrob

Absolutely loving this game! I was in the technical alpha and beta but I only had access to my laptop at the time, which didn't really do it justice. Now that I'm playing on my actual rig I'm having a blast.

First, and only, hero I bought was Arthas in the beta - couldn't resist the lure of the Lich King! He was fun at the time but the title of this thread inspired me to give Abathur a go ... so much fun! When you get a half way decent team who fights together and goes for objectives I really enjoy the mechanics, doubly so if I've got an Illidan to play with ^^. Dominate all three lanes and just watch as the 25% boost allows Illidan to tear everyone to shreds. On the flip side, all it takes is to get grouped with a couple of people who aren't playing the team game and it's as good as over. Can't push objectives at all or help in team fights if the other four aren't playing ball themselves ... oh well!

Gave Sylvanas a quick go last night and she seems like a blast. She seems to be very effective throughout the entire game and really fun to play. Not too inspired by the others on rotation this week though. I've joined the neogaf channel in game and stuck myself on the EU google doc - hopefully get to play with some gaffers soon :)

Thrall got nerfed cause he's a pubstomper and came out really terrible. :-/ I really liked him when he first came out.

They could make him competitively viable via other means that would ensure he doesn't go back to being a pubstomper but would rather just apply rash nerfs to cater to the degenerates. So irritating.

Xater

Absolutely loving this game! I was in the technical alpha and beta but I only had access to my laptop at the time, which didn't really do it justice. Now that I'm playing on my actual rig I'm having a blast.

First, and only, hero I bought was Arthas in the beta - couldn't resist the lure of the Lich King! He was fun at the time but the title of this thread inspired me to give Abathur a go ... so much fun! When you get a half way decent team who fights together and goes for objectives I really enjoy the mechanics, doubly so if I've got an Illidan to play with ^^. Dominate all three lanes and just watch as the 25% boost allows Illidan to tear everyone to shreds. On the flip side, all it takes is to get grouped with a couple of people who aren't playing the team game and it's as good as over. Can't push objectives at all or help in team fights if the other four aren't playing ball themselves ... oh well!

Gave Sylvanas a quick go last night and she seems like a blast. She seems to be very effective throughout the entire game and really fun to play. Not too inspired by the others on rotation this week though. I've joined the neogaf channel in game and stuck myself on the EU google doc - hopefully get to play with some gaffers soon :)

Definitely write in the chat though if you are looking for a group. I don#t have everyone on my friend list and I never know who is actually in the chat.

Xater

Curious, do the gold prices ever go on sale? or is it only the real money price that does?

No Gold sales ever. The only thing that happened is that prices lowered once the heroes were older. For Kaelthas to drop to 2000 or something would probably take years though.

Twookie

No Gold sales ever. The only thing that happened is that prices lowered once the heroes were older. For Kaelthas to drop to 2000 or something would probably take years though.

they also change gold prices for heroes sometime, but it is unknown when.

Like anub went from 10k i think and then went down to 4k gold.

edit: Played a 35 min coop match just now, probably the worst game i have ever played. The feel when you hope people dc so that the bots can take over. and luckily for me that happened twice, so i could ping them to follow me.
such a struggle, had the most hero/siege damage and healing as tyrael, when we had 2 dps, one healer and 2 tanks....
ended up winning but holy moly what a fucking exhausting game

danielcw

What do we know about drops in price? How often do they happen? Do they all happen at the same rate over time, or is Blizzard actively controlling it?

Definitely write in the chat though if you are looking for a group. I don#t have everyone on my friend list and I never know who is actually in the chat.
/who will tell you who is in a chat channel.
When you are no in-game but in the lobby, you can also click on names to whisper to them, or invite them, or other stuff ...

Xater

What do we know about drops in price? How often do they happen? Do they all happen at the same rate over time, or is Blizzard actively controlling it?

/who will tell you who is in a chat channel.
When you are no in-game but in the lobby, you can also click on names to whisper to them, or invite them, or other stuff ...

It's all happening at Blizzards whim is what it seems like.

I know that stuff, but it's still not like that tells me who is actively looking for a group if they are not writing in the chat and they are not on my friend list.

Kioshen

I just started playing it tonight.
I find myself wishing I could play it with a controller similar to D3 on the console. Would be more comfortable for me.

Map awareness is a big thing so playing with a locked camera gimps you in the long run. Not sure how skill shots would work with a controller too.

-----

On another note, did anybody catch any news if blizzard intend to fix the ORD1 cluster ? I was matched on it all evening and couldn't do much because of all the lag.

Xater

I feel like there is potential for a HOTS remix of the LMFAO song Shots. I don't know why I am thinking about this.

Yoshichan

ENB seems to be enjoying this game! :D

fXtiX1g.jpg

-

Edit: Wow, I was complaining about this just the other day! Although it took Blizzard awhile to do this, it's nice that it finally happened :)

X7pXI48.jpg

Kripparrian just "realized" it live and... well, just watch :p

http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/v/6005710?t=2h56m45s

Yoshichan

Grubby finally made a One-Stop Kael'thas guide! These quick guides are usually really good to watch if you're even remotely interested in playing this game somewhat seriously)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpuOzqYWjX8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom