• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

i don't know how anyone can love tyrael

THE FUCK YOU SAY
rage.gif

There's only one
mrglglrlrlgr
answer.
lol. randomly finding and destroying his egg feels so damn good.

He got dem sexy skins doe. And he is fun to play.

Very useful in the right comp as well.
I was gonna say, aesthetically he's one of the best characters in the game!

I like his smite, and heroic charge :\ so cool. I wish he did more damage though, he's not much of a tank either.
At first I read this as "I like his smile" which is hilarious.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Need 2 more for our group, come on people!

Maledict

Yeah, I don't really understand the love either- he plays really wonky and clunky to me.

The way smart cast works with his sword & teleport is very dumb and annoying, and they really should fix that - it feels horrible. But, despite the fact his auto attack damage is low, and his teleport is clunky, he does have several good points:

- His judgement is the best hard engage in the game, and is very easy for the rest of your team to follow up on. It's a death sentance to fragile backliners when co-ordinated.
- It also FEELS amazing. It's a brilliantly animated ability that really does make you feel like the Fist of Judgement when it goes off. Even more so when you get sylvanas mid-teleport with it... :)
- Whilst his single auto attack damage is low, his damage is actually decent thanks to Smite, which can be talented to do a lot of AE damage, on a ridiculously short cooldown. Tyrael played well does a very decent amount of damage.
- He has BFB, which on a hard engage tank like him with decent damage is just cruel.

He definitely needs a complete talent re-work, not due to power but because his talents are so *boring* - and his trait also needs looking at. But as a hero he definitely fits into certain comps really well, if you co-ordinate with him.

brian!

Ill be here w/ tass where u guys cant make fun of us...think of all the things he sacrificed...smh...

Theres a reddit thread on tyreal's supposed clunkiness but he's always felt pretty intuitive to me
Ppl always overlook imposing will too which is gotlike against aoe and illidan

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That fucking game that we just played... that fucking game...!

I'm gonna have to upload that.

#1 TYCHUS EU

Pooya

mines are shit!!! and their match up was way better. we had no chance in pvp. vikings are good in every map except that one.

Yoshichan

So did EU Battle.net just die? Trash servers, as usual, I see!

Serick

Married Member
Yeah, I don't really understand the love either- he plays really wonky and clunky to me.

I like his smite, and heroic charge :\ so cool. I wish he did more damage though, he's not much of a tank either.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! Tyrael is my favorite Warrior!

I don't use smart cast... maybe that's why he feels clunky for you? His mobility is amazing and if you spec regen and the shield at 20 can be very tanky.

The goal with Tyrael is to force engagements that the other team quickly loses so you don't need to worry about soaking a lot of damage.

Plus his W with the talent at 16 that slows melee attacks by 50% shuts characters like Illidan down. I've had games where I break 20k healing on Tyrael thanks to well placed W's.

The way smart cast works with his sword & teleport is very dumb and annoying, and they really should fix that - it feels horrible. But, despite the fact his auto attack damage is low, and his teleport is clunky, he does have several good points:

- His judgement is the best hard engage in the game, and is very easy for the rest of your team to follow up on. It's a death sentance to fragile backliners when co-ordinated.
- It also FEELS amazing. It's a brilliantly animated ability that really does make you feel like the Fist of Judgement when it goes off. Even more so when you get sylvanas mid-teleport with it... :)
- Whilst his single auto attack damage is low, his damage is actually decent thanks to Smite, which can be talented to do a lot of AE damage, on a ridiculously short cooldown. Tyrael played well does a very decent amount of damage.
- He has BFB, which on a hard engage tank like him with decent damage is just cruel.

He definitely needs a complete talent re-work, not due to power but because his talents are so *boring* - and his trait also needs looking at. But as a hero he definitely fits into certain comps really well, if you co-ordinate with him.

Yeah I agree on all of these points.

Like I said smart cast may be making him feel clunky but I don't play with that turned on.

Alur

Also, anyone like to play after midnight Est? My name's on the spread sheet so feel free to add me. I play most every night.

Ketch, myself, Soktos and a few others are often on beyond that point. I'm CST and Ketch is PST. Milly79 is sometimes there as well if he doesn't have to work.

Even without us, though, I still see folks running/forming past 12 CST which is 1 EST your time.

Yoshichan

Bnet rekt? I just hit 10000ms ping and now can't get back in

Yeah, it's fucked :lol

I want to 'Ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta!" some more fools with mah Tychus!

Never been into many MOBA games and I'm giving this one a shot. I really like the concept for Sonya and want to give her a try. Reading the guides, she's more Assassin with Sustainability, which I'm down with but I know I should be aware of the Meta.

What should I be practicing to get the most of the character? Never miss a Spear and don't Whirlwind Heroes, I get. Just polling the audience, really. This game is pretty great so far.

Zafir

Brilliant. I got through the queue and it loaded up the client offline. I click to go offline, and I'm back in the queue. 49 minutes to go! Yay.

Yoshichan

Que is done in 1 minute, it says...

Yoshichan

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gryvan

Ketch, myself, Soktos and a few others are often on beyond that point. I'm CST and Ketch is PST. Milly79 is sometimes there as well if he doesn't have to work.

Even without us, though, I still see folks running/forming past 12 CST which is 1 EST your time.

I only do past midnight on like 1 day and weekends

also playing with alur is pretty fun!

Yoshichan

From their Twitter.

We're currently investigating an issue affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts. #BlizzCS

Complistic

Anyone play a lot of tyrande and want list a good damage oriented build and another one that's more support focused please?

I like the hero but I've only got a damage build that I'm not too thrilled with.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anyone play a lot of tyrande and want list a good damage oriented build and another one that's more support focused please?

I like the hero but I've only got a damage build that I'm not too thrilled with.

Damage:
Ranger's Mark
Searing Arrows
Lunar Blaze/Battle Momentum
Starfall
Huntress' Fury
Shooting Star/Trueshot Aura
Nexus Frenzy/Rewind

Healing:
Ranger's Mark/Celestial Attunement
Protective Shield/Healing Ward
Quickening Blessing/MULE