• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

lolololol.gif

Maximus.

I was very upset the other day when I saw an Uther take Divine Shield, and now watching this stream I finally know why!

Unfortunately, pubs are too disorganized to leverage a scant 3 second immunity so it's a waste of a talent for the most part. If people want to keep one guy alive they should pick Rehgar. Or duo queue with Illidan/Sonya (and pick Rehgar).

I used Uther today to complete the support quest and picked divine shield. If my heals were on cool down, I would shield a team member, so they could back off. I went like 60-4 (most kills were more just assists obviously), but overall worked out fine for me.

Damage:
Ranger's Mark
Searing Arrows
Lunar Blaze/Battle Momentum
Starfall
Huntress' Fury
Shooting Star/Trueshot Aura
Nexus Frenzy/Rewind

Healing:
Ranger's Mark/Celestial Attunement
Protective Shield/Healing Ward
Quickening Blessing/MULE
Starfall
Overflowing Light
Shooting Star
Storm Shield

Trololowl:
Empower
Piercing Sentinel
Lunar Blaze/Battle Momentum
Starfall
Sprint/Shrink Ray
Ranger
Celestial Wrath/Storm Shield

This is pretty much Tyrande in a post. Good stuff. Love her. definetly waifu material!

Edit: oh, and... I for one would like to welcome our new overlord The Beloved, Eternal Sun Above Our Head, Creator of Wins Kim Yung Yoshichan!

Yes, but it's less XP.

Not necessarily. I believe the rate at which you earn XP is the same across all modes. The deciding factor is the length of the match and of course the win bonus which you won't get against AI.

So a long game against AI (which does happen) will give more XP than a quick loss (or possibly even win) against human opponents.

Loomba

Yes, but it's less XP.

Not necessarily. I believe the rate at which you earn XP is the same across all modes. The deciding factor is the length of the match and of course the win bonus which you won't get against AI.

So a long game against AI (which does happen) will give more XP than a quick loss (or possibly even win) against human opponents.

Ah ok thanks.

I only need to get level 12 for the hearthstone card back and with the 50% extra exp it shouldnt take too long.

fedexpeon

Banned
Anyone getting tired playing this game at high level?
It is always the same picks: Anub/BW/Jaina/Kael/Sylvannas/Valla/Zagara and so on.
Maybe it is due to the limited characters since there is no point in picking weak heroes.
I hope Blizzard release 2 heroes per month soon.

Xater

It is always the same picks: Anub/BW/Jaina/Kael/Sylvannas/Valla/Zagara and so on.
Maybe it is due to the limited characters since there is no point in picking weak heroes.

They just said they are planning to release 1 hero every 3-4 weeks, so that ain't happening.

give it time.. toons you mentioned are the cheapest and everyone is buying them cuz you need 10 to enter leagues. Who do you think will download this new game and start buying shit with real money just because..

kirblar

Bans are coming to Team League to address this issue.

They need to fix the warriors though- they keep randomly buff/nerfing so that there's only about 2-3 viable at top levels at any one time. The Assassins/Supports, by contrast, are in great shape.

Kioshen

Even with the bigger pool of heroes, DOTA 2 has the same phenomenon. Every balance patch bubbles up a group of heroes to top tier and that's what everybody plays during the patch timeframe until the cycle begins again.

@Alur

Did you write a murky guide by any chance or any you can recommend ?

chualie

Played a few matches with some GAF heads yesterday and we were terrible. 5 straight losses. Played Support all 5 games so my shitty play was definite a big part of that.

I dabbled in LoL but its difficult knowing what to do in the game. I generally want to lane until 10 then get objectives and mercs. Win TFs and win.

Not sure if I am playing bad and it'll get better with more games but damn it's depressing when I see the opponent Rehgar just own in TFs and overall stats.

Still game is fun. Definitely enjoying the ~20 minute games.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Back to some Tychus fun :)!

I have heard a lot of praise for Sylvanas but never played her until last night. Woah, she is a seige and minion beast! Her talents are really cool. Even tried a Envenom + Blood for Blood build to give her a little hero damange but it is so much fun just trashing minions, camps and towers. I will definitely be buying her after her free week ends.

Johanna's complete lack of DPS makes her so bad at low levels.

I think John Lennon said it best, "The DPS you take is equal to the DPS you make."

Kioshen

Just tried murky and he's really awkward to use. Really need to adjust my mindset to play him and wish the cooldown on the pufferfish was lower. At least now I know that the cd on it really long when playing against one.

ryanthelion123

Neo Member
So, I just finished playing 4 games. This game is much easier to get into than Dota 2 and its a lot of fun. The only thing that concerns me is the team xp. I understand the point of it but it is more fun imo to personally see you level up and overpower others. Also it makes me concern about snowballing effect.

But overall the game is a lot of fun. Could use different modes and wish the heroes were a bit cheaper.

pigeon

Banned
I seem to have gotten to the QM MMR where people bitch out their team more, so good for me I guess? Gotta get that sweet gold though.

I have a serious financing problem where all the heroes I really want to play are the 7k-10k heroes and all the heroes I find boring or unpleasant are the 2k-4k heroes. Which is, you know, probably intentional. I'll probably end up m*n*t*z*ng.

It's funny to see which heroes people complain about in Hero League, I mean now people are saying Anub with almost the same vitriol that used to be reserved for Illidan. I don't think it matters how large the pool of heroes gets, there's always going to be a smaller selection of "viable" heroes and a stale meta to complain about.

If Hero League's rigid meta has got you down, you could always just throw caution to the win and play Quick Match where anything goes.

Welcome to the Metagame.

kirblar

It's funny to see which heroes people complain about in Hero League, I mean now people are saying Anub with almost the same vitriol that used to be reserved for Illidan. I don't think it matters how large the pool of heroes gets, there's always going to be a smaller selection of "viable" heroes and a stale meta to complain about.

If Hero League's rigid meta has got you down, you could always just throw caution to the win and play Quick Match where anything goes.
To be fair, he's really really stupid right now. (And his winrate backs up the hate)

brian!

Yeah this is part of why i hope they make a normal draft mode, i dunno if it is a priority atm though

brian!

Yeah id say he shares the top spot with tyreal and muradin, with him being the best general pick, i wonder if they will buff up etc and diablo so they are less specialized

Shadowstalk, Sentinel, Rewind, Sentinel. Why did it take me so long to figure out how good this was. It's so good at wrecking invis heroes or for trolling Aba with.

To be fair, he's really really stupid right now. (And his winrate backs up the hate)

It's a Lords Management Game™, heroes are going to wax and wane with patches. As an outside observer (I don't play Hero League) it's kind of funny to see how the "stale" meta has shifted so much based on who gets complained about now versus just a few weeks ago.

Yeah this is part of why i hope they make a normal draft mode, i dunno if it is a priority atm though

One of the problems I had with Dota 2 is that it started to get too many modes and the queue times started to take longer for anything that wasn't All-Pick, for me anyways.

brian!

I think if they take away b4b and make etc/diablo a little less specialized he'll be in a pretty good spot, ive always felt that the increased reliability of q and e is what pushed him over, his ability to be succesful really rose with this.

Yeah mode saturation is a concern, i just wish qm wasnt the only option.

There's a lot of limited mode (or maps!) potential for hots, like league sometimes has special modes for holidays, i know dota had a candy one

Alur

Did you write a murky guide by any chance or any you can recommend ?

No sir. Haven't really seen much on Murky beyond a lot of separate reddit posts. I'm sure there's a decent primer on Heroes Fire, though.

Your main objective is to be as annoying as possible. The more time the team spends chasing you/trying to kill you, the more time they are getting pummeled by the rest of your team. Murky is great for body blocking and great for slowing the enemy so that they can be body blocked.

Don't forget to place your egg (IN A SAFE SPOT) close to team fights that you know are about to happen - that means near tributes on Cursed Hollow, near temples on Sky Temple, a nice little out of the way spot while your team pushes the core and so on.

The abilities you see often like Kael'thas' Phoenix, Malf's root, Jaina's Blizzard, Hammer in siege mode and the like? Those things are Murky in a nutshell. You're one big (little) zoning mechanism. Drop a pufferfish, force em to move where you want. Slime them and slow them, have them chase you where you want. They are chasing a teammate to kill him/her? Slime, bubble, body block them and/or die for them to get away. He's kind of like one of those bug lights people put on their porches where I grew up. Bugs just can't help but fly right into him, it only takes like 3 shots to kill him guise!

For running QM, you're mainly looking at:

Level 1 - Block/Bubble Breeze/Bribe (depends on what you need, 90% of the time I go Block. Bribe is good. I never take Bubble Breeze anymore but it feels nice.)

Level 4 - Living the Dream (even if you are dying a bit more than you should, it will still begin to eclipse Envenom, particularly late when engagements become more infrequent and you're alive longer and longer)

Level 7 - Compressed Air/Slime Advantage (its QM so people will stand in it. The bigger puffer also gives you leeway on Octograb combo. Slime Advantage is also fun and will increase your damage to heroes significantly over time)

Level 10 - Octograb (since nearly no one cleanses in QM its basically instant hero deletion)

Level 13 - Bubble Machine/Wrath of Cod (you want to use Bubble Machine til you get used to Murkying, graduate to Wrath when you have a good grasp/feel safe in a game)

Level 16 - Slimy Pufferfish/Rejuvenating Bubble (Slimy Pufferfish makes your Octo death wombo even better, but it also slows anyone it touches as it lands which is great for team fights of course. Choose Rejuvenating if you're really having trouble staying alive but it will hurt your damage/burst output going all bubble talents)

Level 20 - ...And A Shark Too/Rewind (I go ...And A Shark Too because it's guaranteed. Its enough damage to ensure most non tanks die due to Slime + Pufferfish + Octo + Slime. Rewind will provide more damage, but as you'll see playing Murky it's not a 100% thing to land Pufferfish and Octograb them in it due to all the movement abilities. Landing two Pufferfish and having them still manage to be in both circles? That's a little more difficult so stick with the ult upgrade while you get used to it)

So all the other heroes in the game are under-balanced? ^_^
A 60% winrate hero cannot be considered balanced imo.

I think that was sarcasm based on him regularly playing Anub and saying "Anub is so fucking OP" since he has something like a 70% winrate with him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Instead of nerfing Anub, why not buff all warriors instead :D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom