• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

Yeah i think that's the best option
The diablo and etc rework came out of nowhere for me, i hope that's not whats going to happen to the top 3 now too haha

HoodWinked

having a ton of fun with Jaina shes so fun cause you're half a second for dying or big plays.

the burst is so awesome water elemental, cone of cold, blizzard, frost bolt, envenom.

shes actually fairly decent against illidan since illidan's damage mitigation is on basic attacks and jaina's damage is almost exclusively her spells.

brian!

If they are going to nerf him i think it will def be the beetles that are hit (excepting maybe some talent changes), it's the best spot to mess with numbers

jetsetrez

Do heroes ever get discounted or price drops in terms of coin value (outside of the initial 15k>10k for newly introduced heroes)? I always have about 10k coins, but always worry the minute I buy a high-cost hero it will get cheaper.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do heroes ever get discounted or price drops in terms of coin value (outside of the initial 15k>10k for newly introduced heroes)? I always have about 10k coins, but always worry the minute I buy a high-cost hero it will get cheaper.

Nope!

Alur

Tagging this for future reading but thank you for taking the time to write this all out. Hopefully I'll make the gaf murky army proud. o7

You're welcome. I'm sure you will! :D

Totally want to buy Murky now.

bqetGhW.gif

Aww yisss.

Yes but typically only one hero per patch or every other patch has this. There aren't any blanket gold discounts for sure.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yes, every few patches or so, most commonly when another hero comes out.

I don't think it'll ever go lower than 2k though, so all the 2ks are safe to buy.

kirblar

Yes, but they're permanent price drops that only happen alongside major patches.

2Ks/4Ks are always safe buys, and recent heroes are unlikely to go down any time soon.

Double

Alur, don't out my snark. These guys just don't know.
image.php

You're welcome. I'm sure you will! :D
Yes but typically only one hero per patch or every other patch has this. There aren't any blanket gold discounts for sure.
Only Stitch and Anub have been lowered yet though, right? And it's been way more than 2 patches. So I'd say it's a pretty rare happening as of now.

Alur

Only Stitch and Anub have been lowered yet though, right? And it's been way more than 2 patches. So I'd say it's a pretty rare happening as of now.

Can't remember if Zag went up or down, but yeah it's only been 2 or 3 but they've promised more. No reason to think it won't happen...just the frequency I guess is the question.

EDIT: Actually yeah, Zag had to have went down.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
8 wins, 2 losses today so far! Yesterday, I ended up winning 8 games in a row.

Since I started playing Tychus, my win rate has been going up by 300%

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

#TYCHUSTOOSTRONK

kirblar

There's a reddit rumor that bw will lose gust of healing
This makes sense. It hugely compensates for whats supposed to be her big weakness as a healer.

edit: CyaSteve confirms that Sprint was gone for Jaina. I really really like both changes.

brian!

I liked that they made you choose between gust and cleanse, even tho gust was a bit overtuned, but yeah good changes.

Oh i just read a bit of the thread, bugs could account for missing talents in the test build too

Yoshichan

Sprint removal will break my heart

Kusagari

Am I the only one who finds almost all the master skins, except Murky obviously, lame?

I guess it saves me from wasting my coins on them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Am I the only one who finds almost all the master skins, except Murky obviously, lame?

Thrall's is awesome and Nova's is alright, but yeah, all the others are poop.

patchday

oh snap Jaina getting the nerf bat treatment before I even get a chance to try her out.

(well technically I did play one or two matches with her but that ain't much)

Zafir

Yeah there isn't many I like. Thrall and Tyrael are two I like, and so I'm trying to get them to 10 with the XP boost.

brian!

i definitely loled when it became apparent that master skins were largely just like yo let me stick some more armor on that

but I'm not into skins in general so

brian!

@prospective changes
i didnt mean to say that these were set in stone changes, it's just a rumor, though yeah the changes make sense

patchday

they seem pretty expensive for just being a mere visual change (with exception to voice changes). Alas, I unfortunately think a lot of them look great. Like Sylvannas blood elf skin for example or Jaina's special armor

Yoshichan

Totally needs to be 80%+ in order for Blizzard to do anything about it!

Alur

Was doing my first hero league games on my alt account with dmosher, Milly79 and a few others we met in the queue.

Our last game, I got 491 ranked points:

That is the most I've seen. The other team was higher MMR than us because I was on a fresh account, it gave me a huge skill bonus. Feels good man. Jumped from 47-45 with a 467 point game, then 45-43 with a 491 point game.

Also, the two tank comp of Anub + Muradin (or insert other tank) is super strong in Hero League right now. I'd put it on or near the level of the Sylvanas + Vikings cheese except it works on most any map.

ryanthelion123

Neo Member
This game is awesome. Heroes are fun and unique. Only two downsides: pricing and simplicity (which is a plus and a negative).

I love the game right now but it feels as if it needs a something, a new mechanic or feature to add a bit more depth or fun to the game. Im sure they will add more to the game down to road.

So I'm curious what features do you guys want Blizzard to add?

Messiek

I think I'm going insane. My gpu stopped working and I'm a student with not enough money. lol
Why it had to be right on the bonus exp weeks?! :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom