• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abathur/Zeratul is apparently king of the scrim meta right now... we saw Vortex run it last night, but some teams are trying to keep it under wraps still until Blizzcon. I'd expect lots of bans on Zera, Aba and Illidan considering teams haven't had a great deal of time to figure out how to effectively counter it.

I wonder if the EU meta will shift in the same way.

kirblar

Abathur/Zeratul is apparently king of the scrim meta right now... we saw Vortex run it last night, but some teams are trying to keep it under wraps still until Blizzcon. I'd expect lots of bans on Zera, Aba and Illidan considering teams haven't had a great deal of time to figure out how to effectively counter it.

I wonder if the EU meta will shift in the same way.
Illidan/Zeratul were the bans immediately.

Alur

We had a team run it against us in Hero League earlier. It was interesting. They also threw in Illidan for the alternate hat choice I guess, but we had Muradin + Anub + Brightwing and mostly controlled them and burst them down before they could get going. They also weren't pros either so I'm sure its much stronger under proper handlers.

Illidan/Zeratul were the bans immediately.

Lmao makes sense... from what I've heard, the game between Vortex and Maelstrom last night on D Shire was just the tip of the iceberg with this Abathur/Zeratul stuff... I'd expect that stuff to be banned all night tonight

2Arc has to avoid the common course of "lost the game before level 16 with Kael'Thas" that has been happening to a bunch of teams running Kael recently

kirblar

2Arc has to avoid the common course of "lost the game before level 16 with Kael'Thas" that has been happening to a bunch of teams running Kael recently
One thing I've noticed is that teams facing LV are still taking Flamethrower, and I think the spread ability is still worth it vs them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, my battle.net friends list is completely offline (Heroes of the Storm-wise)! First time ever :D

RIP in Peace EU GAF?! Here I was, ready for another 15 games!

That Stitches pick is going to straight up lose them this game

Imagine if they had Lightning Breath in that last fight. Sylvanas arrow was perfect. They'd have aced Maelstrom.

Man if 2ARC traded out FuriousD for Glaurung they'd be a top tier contender. I question ChubbZ as well. Quibsy, Pannucci and Traitorr are really good but I feel like they're almost brought down by the other two at times. And their decision making is totally questionable

Zoia wasn't wrong when he said 2Arc is a roster change away from being a top tier team.

Kind of like how with BBoys/coL Trummel, Blinks and Mcintyre are seemingly brought down by the other 2 people on their team ever since Fan and CrsFury left.

coL should just pick up Pannucci and Quibsy and make a super-team with Blinks, Trummel and Mcintyre. TeamLiquid style. Lol

Alur

Glaurung is with Cognitive now, unofficially, but he had it in his stream title. I'd love to have seen that too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Taking the average length of all maps from hotslogs and averaging it together (20:05 average time per game) and multiplying that by your 16.32 games we get...

327:21 or 5 hours and 46 minutes of game time per day. holy shit is right lol

You're not quite full time hours yet, Yoshi! Gotta step it up.

Still, pretty amazing. The only other person I know who has put that amount of time into the game is davemo and he only does it in spurts, not consistently. If I had the time I'd gladly do it too.

I just did the same math as you did a few days ago, and I'm up at 5 hours and 55 minutes of game time per day now! An increase of 9 minutes... still not enough to warrant a full time job... damn.

EU has been all over the Aba/Illidan for some time, but I've never seen an Aba/Zeratul game on EU. Zeratul gets lots of picks and even bans on EU but never because of the threat of the combo with Abathur. They must know about it though

Maelstrom going with the push cancer draft on Blackheart. 2arc a very aggressive Kerrigan/Arthas comp. Should be interesting, very different styles of comps.

kirblar

How does C9M kill anyone w/ this comp? Guess it's just a PvE backdoor comp.

edit: Or is Abathur just completely stupid right now in general.

Alur

FOMJ90T.jpg

brian!

#saveabathur
doubt he'll get nerfed, but man i hope this doesn't mean im going to get 10 abathur games in a row like last patch

Abathur definitely seems like the right ban, not Zeratul, after that nonsense.

Poor Abby, more nerfs inc.

2Arc's comp was just terrible against it. An aggressive stun/CC/burst comp against Tass/Johanna/Aba and 2 heroes that can blink... just not going to work.

Sustain comps would do a lot better against Aba comps.

I don't like C9M's draft for this 3rd game so far, I think 2Arc has a huge leg up here with being able to ban out Muradin.

brian!

tyrande is so confusing to me here, i hope he goes for a diff talent build than usual
will mark out if tyrande is picked to be anti-abathur

I love 2Arc's comp against an Aba comp. We'll have to see if they can coordinate things against D-Shield well enough to win fights though.

.... and their rotations are complete garbage so far

How do u pick Kerrigan/Tyrande and go down 0-7 by level 10? Jesus. They're playing awful

brian!

tyrande is like kael-status for me on this map, it's so easy to kill her here, and hard to make tyr/kerri work against that comp
i want to see them land the dream combo though

dam these benny hill plays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom