• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realize iDream was this good, damn.

One of the top 5 players on NA, but part of it is that 2ARC has been insufferably terrible. FuriousD has been inexcusably bad on Tyrande this game and Pannucci's Kerrigan has been pathetic.

You just can't pick heroes like Kerrigan, Zeratul and Tyrande and then play them badly.

2ARC really got worked. RIP.

Pannucci is a top-tier tank player in my opinion, but he's not a top-tier Kerrigan. And 2ARC keeps trying to run these Kerrigan comps without a top-tier Kerrigan player.

Quibsy is a really strong flex player, and plays Vikings pretty well. When 2ARC was originally looking extremely good early in the season, he was one of the main reasons why.

Those two guys can't carry a whole team though

Alur

Agreed. They do seem to be missing pieces. I think your Glaurung idea would've been great if it had worked out that way.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm going to buy Kael soon just so I can pick him in HL.

The lack of bans are real
mayatomr_fume.gif

I'm not even kidding that I'd love to see those two with Blinks/Trummel/McIntyre because Blinks is light years better than ChubbZ, Trummel is 9 games out of 10 way better than FuriousD and McIntyre is one of the top players in all of NA.

And coL has had issues at the Tank and Flex spots for months, which is what Quibsy and Pannucci play.

But they'd have to break up two teams for that. Liquid did it though. /Shrug

Alur

I keep waiting on McIntyre to make a big move but it hasn't happened. Barrelboys/Complexity are my favorites. I'd love to see them and him get back on top.

That is probably a lot of egos, though. That'd be shotcallers from 3 separate teams on one team mostly likely and TS claims Glaurung can't play nicely.

kirblar

TS letting them have Zerabathur? Hmmmm....

edit: Really not liking this "1st pick takes BW/Uther, bans the other" thing that the 3rd pick for 1st pick pre-bans in the draft is enabling.

Also kinda shocked Tass didn't get banned after the C9vC9 games yesterday where Zera got ganked over and over w/ the reduced D.

I keep waiting on McIntyre to make a big move but it hasn't happened. Barrelboys/Complexity are my favorites. I'd love to see them and him get back on top.

That is probably a lot of egos, though. That'd be shotcallers from 3 separate teams on one team mostly likely and TS claims Glaurung can't play nicely.

I was implying move Quibsy/Pannucci to coL to be their Tank and 2nd Flex. Glaurung not in that mix.

Who is 2ARC's shotcaller? Is it Quibsy? I actually don't even know.

coL has been going through tanks and flex players for months. Erho and McIntyre didn't get along, TigerJK had some personality issues with the rest of their team, and now they're on to Cattlepillar and h0ns who just aren't the same level of players, IMO.

Alur

I was implying move Quibsy/Pannucci to coL to be their Tank and 2nd Flex. Glaurung not in that mix.

Who is 2ARC's shotcaller? Is it Quibsy? I actually don't even know..

Yeah I could see it I guess, but then I guess it could be kind of like an NBA/other sports thing where both sides look at the other and are like "well, we're close here" and don't go or are like "well, that's fine, but you come here" and don't wanna give up their name/spot.

I have no idea who is the shotcaller for 2ARC. Whoever it is has a tendency for brilliance dotted by a plethora of underachieving.

Yeah I could see it I guess, but then it's kind of like an NBA/other sports thing where both sides look at the other and are like "well, we're close here" and don't go or are like "well, that's fine, but you come here".

I have no idea who is the shotcaller for 2ARC. Whoever it is has a tendency for brilliance dotted by a plethora of underachieving.

LMAO couldn't have said it better.

Yeah the only reason I even suggest it is because of what Liquid pulled with merging LDLC/El Nexo.

In HotS you're as good as your weakest player, and both coL and 2ARC have 2 weaker players on each. It's no surprise that Vortex has passed both of them up after some time cooking the teamwork/synergy up in the oven.

LOL yesterday it was Biceps missing multiple Hinterlands Blast now it's Bobby

Can we stop it with this cancerous Falstad play at the top level of HotS?

kirblar

LOL yesterday it was Biceps missing multiple Hinterlands Blast now it's Bobby

Can we stop it with this cancerous Falstad play at the top level of HotS?
I really hope they just take the damn overdrive away and re-balance him like a normal hero.

edit: Azmodan E on the Plant Pots is P good huh.

Azmo + Kael = The Dunkaroos.

Alur

I'm in the "not strong enough" camp. I really don't think it's nearly as strong at any point as most of the other map objectives, it just functions as more of a facilitator I guess you would say? Pushing lanes, soaking ammo for the most part between those big pulses.

Blackage

Had one of those games today where somebody was confused why Abathur was sitting behind gate all game, asked us to reported him, and pinged him all game lol.

patchday

I'm not one to complain bout randoms and I definitely am not rude to teammates but couldn't help but notice this Ulter (the Paladin) never tossed a heal my way (I was playing Jaina).

Game has been incredibly fun though.

Free code for Zeratul up for grabs:

Card says to go to battle.net/code to redeem.

Note: I got this code from a friend, but I don't really play this game. I don't know if it actually works or not. Good luck!

Envenom is not a skill Thrall should have.

I'm 17-2 with TLV in Hero League.

Slight difference in skills required to play said hero versus Anub. Although TLV just seems to have a fairly high winrate in general, don't they? TLV aren't like Meepo awful (used to be 13% wint rate) in the hands of average players.

Also TLV have never been dumpster tier, which is where Anub most recently was. I mean people were laughing about the beetle buff and beetle ai tweaks.

The map objective on Tomb is not nearly strong enough in the late game.

It's absolutely stupid in late game, imo. Something needs to be done to the map.

Especially if Sylvanas is on one team.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shaders to medium? UPGRADE COMPLETE!

pigeon

Banned
I'm in the "not strong enough" camp. I really don't think it's nearly as strong at any point as most of the other map objectives, it just functions as more of a facilitator I guess you would say? Pushing lanes, soaking ammo for the most part between those big pulses.

I do think it's the weakest, but I think that's mainly because the thing you do for Tomb is the thing you were supposed to do anyway, which is clear waves. Clearing waves will itself eventually win the game, whereas all the other map objectives require you to leave lane and go do something else. So powering up the Tomb map objective would probably seriously tilt map strategy towards clearing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This game needs a giant PSA on the main screen:

"You might think you're very clever for solo split pushing, but you're not.

You overextend yourself, risk your team getting overwhelmed or risk getting 5 man ganked.

Stop it."

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy shit :lol

Alur

It would be great, Haly.

I do think it's the weakest, but I think that's mainly because the thing you do for Tomb is the thing you were supposed to do anyway, which is clear waves. Clearing waves will itself eventually win the game, whereas all the other map objectives require you to leave lane and go do something else. So powering up the Tomb map objective would probably seriously tilt map strategy towards clearing.

You're probably right on that. I don't know what you'd do to improve it to make it better without making it broken. It just doesn't feel as rewarding I guess would be a better term than what I said previously.

Savitar

Went and bought Azmodan, he is such fun summoning minions, shooting hoops of death and LASERS!

Plus he looks like such a dork trying to keep balance on a carpet.

Alur

13-3 in hero league today running 3's, 4's and 5's with davemo and Milly. I only played Brightwing and Rehgar. It was a good day.

I don't think this often, but man IGN's review of this game was utter shit.

Oh man I had not seen that one. So much wrong in that review.
Complaining about the Cursed Hollow tributes spawning so far away you can't get to them....except there is a decent window before they actually spawn that is usually enough to get across the map.

I mean yeah maybe if you just got rekt and were waiting to spawn you can't make it to the tribute...but that's your own damn fault.

That is probably one of my favorite maps because at the very least you can't take control of the match in one go(one of the reasons why I don't like the Haunted Mines...).
It takes your team grouping up and winning a team battle 3 times...at which point you should get an awesome reward!

Xater

Oh man I had not seen that one. So much wrong in that review.
Complaining about the Cursed Hollow tributes spawning so far away you can't get to them....except there is a decent window before they actually spawn that is usually enough to get across the map.

I mean yeah maybe if you just got rekt and were waiting to spawn you can't make it to the tribute...but that's your own damn fault.

That is probably one of my favorite maps because at the very least you can't take control of the match in one go(one of the reasons why I don't like the Haunted Mines...).
It takes your team grouping up and winning a team battle 3 times...at which point you should get an awesome reward!

Cursed Hollow is probably the most thought out map in the entire game. If you want to complain then look no further than Haunted Mines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom