• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I currently have
- Muradin
- Valla
- Raynor
- Illidan
- Anub'arak
- Tassadar
- Azmodan
- Sylvanas

Given that I don't play that often and I think my 'starting gold' is about to run dry is there anyone I need to pick up right now before HotS turns into a real grind? Spending money on stimpacks or bundles isn't happening.

EDIT: Probably a healer. Li Li was boring as shit when I tried her. Maybe Uther?

Kioshen

Hey me too! :)
And 87,000xp short of lvl 10 for Tyrande, which will ve the first for me!

lv40 brofist

2637803-tumblr_m9m30rmfow1qkktc4o1_500.gif

----

Sad I missed the Zeratul code :(.

----

3rd edit because sales for next week !

Diablo - 3.19 GBP, 4.19 EUR
Uther - 3.19 GBP, 4.19 EUR
Skin: Lurkablo Diablo - 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR
Skin: Medic Uther - 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR​
Skin: Stars and Stripes Raynor - 1.49 GBP, 1.99 EUR​
Skin: Kandy King Muradin - 2.70 GBP, 3.69 EUR​​

Well that will take care of Uther and Diablo for HL. I'll have to decide to buy Kael'Thas, Sylv or Zeratul.

-Digits-

I will buy all the skins! I've been holding out for Medic Uther. And Candy Muradin looks so stupid that I must have it. It's probably the only joke skin I actually like.

Kioshen

Easy decision if you ask me ;)

Well I already have Valla and Jaina pretty much on lockdown mechanically so getting a 3rd assassin when Jaina and Kael do the same job might be gimping my future teammates a little bit I would assume. Maybe I'm over thinking things too much for HL.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Profit.

Its like they really, really don't want you to leave.

its also like you are a big fat helmet wearing liar

"Clown skin was already on sale, wont come back Rhak"
"Medic Uther was on sale when you started you missed out Rhak. Also fuck you. Why? Because I wear a helmet"

liar

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
YEEEAAHH.... tho Sheriff Raynor will be the definitive skin so I may pass on him because I don't play him enough to warrant multiple.

Boo. I want Magni. But maybe Chocolatey Muradin on a magic carpet would be okay. I'll think about it.

Alur

its also like you are a big fat helmet wearing liar

It wasn't just I good sir.

And how were we to know Blizzard would start repeating sales this quickly with plenty of other things still not being discounted? Guess they figured it was both unfair to those who missed out and a good chance to mine the wells one more time.

patchday

lv40 brofist

Well that will take care of Uther and Diablo for HL. I'll have to decide to buy Kael'Thas, Sylv or Zeratul.

oh nice I want to buy Uther. Been playing with him during this free rotation he's a lot of fun.

So I currently have
- Muradin
- Valla
- Raynor
- Illidan
- Anub'arak
- Tassadar
- Azmodan
- Sylvanas

Given that I don't play that often and I think my 'starting gold' is about to run dry is there anyone I need to pick up right now before HotS turns into a real grind? Spending money on stimpacks or bundles isn't happening.

EDIT: Probably a healer. Li Li was boring as shit when I tried her. Maybe Uther?

I found Li Li one of the most boring characters so far. If you want a healer i'd recommend Rehgar or Uther - both are on FTP this week i much prefer them to the other 3. Though overall i find the hybrid supports Tyrande and Tassadar to be the most enjoyable of that class.

I was in a full GAF party last night and had the most fun I've ever had in this game!

More of you guys should /join neogaf chat channel so we can invite each other and roll together.

Clearos

I was in a full GAF party last night and had the most fun I've ever had in this game!

More of you guys should /join neogaf chat channel so we can invite each other and roll together.

Agreed, I could only sneak one game in. Everyone was friendly and we dominated and made friends for future games.

Agreed, I could only sneak one game in. Everyone was friendly and we dominated and made friends for future games.

I like the chat system more in Diablo 3 (join the NeoGAF clan and then you're always in the chat channel), but this system isn't too bad. You just have to /join neogaf chat channel once and then you're in it every time you log in.

Brick

I have to say, while I was initially put off with the changes they made to the formula, I actually prefer HOTS to League now. Throwing out the item store and gold was one of the best things they could have done, as the game is way more focused on team fighting and individual player skill than it is on who can farm the most. I think what I appreciate most about it is that the game seems built around the idea of "Let's just make something fun. Who cares what the other guys are doing."

I've played League for years, and I haven't loaded it up once since I started playing this.

So I currently have
- Muradin
- Valla
- Raynor
- Illidan
- Anub'arak
- Tassadar
- Azmodan
- Sylvanas

Brightwing!

SourBear

Banned
What does everyone here run with for the casting preference? eg. click to cast, quick cast (or whatever its called), etc.?
I think I'm at the point now where click to cast is actually affecting my gameplay, or rather I would have gotten that clutch heal off if I had a different option.

I feel I am kinda bad with assassins I have playerd with some of you in the NA servers as Oro (I wish Blizzard let us out nicknames in the games), and damm, I really need get used to do DPS and push my team to victory

He can solo the entire game :(

Illidan can eat the whole enemy damage, use Q dance, dash to freedom and use his E to ignore the damage, wtf

lv40 brofist

2637803-tumblr_m9m30rmfow1qkktc4o1_500.gif

wayne-excellent.gif

Got Tyrande to level 10 as well, finally playing my first HL... Man! playing with EUGAF has raised expectations and my MMR way too high.. the teams feel so utterly disorganized and my skill-level is no where near to pull the whole team with me.. :D Oh well gots to keep on playing...

tyrande.jpg

Nice sales btw.. Definetly getting Uther and the medic skin, considering diablo and 'star stripes Raynor'-skin IF I ever get bored playing this..
which i doubt will ever happen.. pink tyrande with that my little pony <3

tyrande2.jpg

My 6yo is so excited of HOTS, he's been trying out a few heroes in the "try mode", today he played his first "training 5v5", and he's been playing to be a hero all day after that... He's explaining with his mouth foaming that what he does from which key, chainbombs and super smashes... going around smashing everything with his yellow giraffe-toy, which evidently is the hammer of the hero his playing to be, and someone is playing the game he is in... :D

dmosher

13-3 in hero league today running 3's, 4's and 5's with davemo and Milly. I only played Brightwing and Rehgar. It was a good day.

Have had a blast the last few days in our groups, even losses I don't mind. Everyone is pretty chill, admits mistakes openly and doesn't flame. I like the change in positive mental attitude everyone has had as we've moved through the ranks.

I mean sure, we all still have our bad days where we BM or flame or get upset; but it's less and less :)

Should I spend gold on a master skin or more heroes?

On one hand, a skin is just cosmetic and having more heroes means more to do! But on the other hand, we get tons of free heroes every week and master skins are only available with gold, not real money.

Alex

Getting a quad kill out of grabbing the enemy team with Johanna's Condemn and into a slain Tyrael's Archangel's Wrath is extremely amusing. Diablo crew power.

6.5/10, No Comeback Mechanics explodes in chat each time a comeback happens.

It's impossible to stop cannons, you know.

Seriously though, about a quarter of my wins are comebacks. I don't think I got any really good comebacks playing DotA or League, oddly The snowballing makes it really rough in most MOBA titles.

The map objective on Tomb is not nearly strong enough in the late game.

Hah, said this to someone yesterday, it's why that's my last favorite map. Drags on longer than it should. Almost all of my long games are on that map.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Should I spend gold on a master skin or more heroes?

On one hand, a skin is just cosmetic and having more heroes means more to do! But on the other hand, we get tons of free heroes every week and master skins are only available with gold, not real money.
Depends on which master skin

Alex

I don't like most of the master skins as they tend to follow the Warcraft rule of just slapping bulky plating all over everything. Well, except Murky, that master skin is great.

Xater

I don't like most of the master skins as they tend to follow the Warcraft rule of just slapping bulky plating all over everything. Well, except Murky, that master skin is great.

ETC, Johanna, Sylvannas and Valla are the only master skins I can see myself picking over paid ones.

Valus

I only buy heroes that are on sale with real money. Now that the game is out, that's basically two new heroes a week + the weekly free ones means plenty of characters to play around with. I have Tassadar & Sonya master skins and will be getting Falstad's when I get him to 10. Yes they tend to just add on additional armor, but that's fine with me. Lots of them look awesome.

Milly79

Have had a blast the last few days in our groups, even losses I don't mind. Everyone is pretty chill, admits mistakes openly and doesn't flame. I like the change in positive mental attitude everyone has had as we've moved through the ranks.

I mean sure, we all still have our bad days where we BM or flame or get upset; but it's less and less :)

King of positivity.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I'm one or two matches away from lvl 10 Tychus and I started playing Falstad against AI... he's fun, but I'm wondering about his flight-thingy. How exactly do I fly home to Nexus to get hp/mp? He doesn't automatically cast the flight, sometimes he flies a few feet and then he does it.

What's the exact requirement to be able to gtfo?

TheYanger

So I'm one or two matches away from lvl 10 Tychus and I started playing Falstad against AI... he's fun, but I'm wondering about his flight-thingy. How exactly do I fly home to Nexus to get hp/mp? He doesn't automatically cast the flight, sometimes he flies a few feet and then he does it.

It just has a large range. like on dragon shire imagine a circle around him that is probably 1/4 the map in radius. This is just me going off of gut without having him over level 5, but I'd say from the top shrine you could fly into the top bush of the bermuda triangle there on dragon shire. that sort of range.

There is a circle of range that he able to fly to. So when he flies a few feet you are getting in range to be able to take flight. If you go across the map a bit you'll be able to see a dotted line that is his max range.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh, I thought it was full screen! Thanks for the answers guys~

Anyone got a Falstad guide how to play him? He seems to have a very "basic attack"-kind-of-play.

fedexpeon

Banned
Oh, I thought it was full screen! Thanks for the answers guys~

Anyone got a Falstad guide how to play him? He seems to have a very "basic attack"-kind-of-play.

I haven't play him in awhile but Falstad has like 3 talents that you must have to increase dps.
1) After throwing hammer, you do more dps while the hammer is in flight
2) Lightning rod hits 2 more time
3) Overcharged your abilities

I believe that is. You overcharged, you throw hammer, you rod, you barrel roll if needed to keep in range for rod/securing a kill, if not, barrel roll to kite and save yourself.
I would say 70% of your burst dmg come from rod if the enemy lets you stand there within your range.

Sothpaw

The community in this game is much better than in DOTA 2 Kappa

At least I haven't run into any spanish/portugese/russian speakers yet.

The community in this game is much better than in DOTA 2 Kappa

At least I haven't run into any spanish/portugese/russian speakers yet.

Congrats, you're a bigot.

One of the best things Blizzard did in HotS was create a neutral profile so people couldn't creep your account like they can in Dota 2 through Steam and find out where you're from so they can be an asshole to you based on that information. Also not having VOIP in client cuts down on pretty much all of the casual racism you're likely to hear when playing with an international crew. I just haven't seen the same kinds of insults and slurs thrown around in HotS versus my 2000+ hours of Dota 2 and I attribute that to limited information about your teammates and limited communication with them. We only have each others play to fall back on for insults. Progress!

Yoshichan

Thanks guys!

Taking my first break in a long time now. I need a bit of sun before winter comes again :lol

I'll be back in like 3-4 hours.

So after playing around with Sylvanus a bit, I found that I really like her. Has she been on sale recently or likely to be on sale in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom