• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So after playing around with Sylvanus a bit, I found that I really like her. Has she been on sale recently or likely to be on sale in the near future?
She's still somewhat new so her current price will probably remain for awhile!

Alavard

Just know that Sylvanas is probably going to get reworked. She's only got one ult and another ability most people choose by mistake.

Blizz have stated that possession is the only thing they don't like about her current state. It's probably the only major thing they'll still change. Well that, and like many heroes she could suffer fallout if more generic talents are removed with lackluster replacements.

gryvan

Blizz have stated that possession is the only thing they don't like about her current state. It's probably the only major thing they'll still change. Well that, and like many heroes she could suffer fallout if more generic talents are removed with lackluster replacements.

If they rework possession where you can possess a boss...oh man

kirblar

Sylvanas's core kit is great and unlikely to be changed. It's just the Ultra 2 and possible Black Arrow that might get adjustments.

The easiest fix for Sylvanas would be to swap Black Arrow and Possession. It would be in-line with what they did to Murky, make you choose between siege damage and teamfight (although in Murky's case teamfight is waaaaaaay more powerful).

Then she wouldn't break Haunted Mines early.

Lost so many games in a row that I finally just bought Murky and now I just gank buildings and heroes alike! People are so greedy for that .25 kill they put themselves so out of position even if I do die! It's amazing.

Pooya

they will probably make a new heroic and turn possession to a talent.

I have a good idea, infinite withering fire for 10 seconds, auto press q scripts ftw.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Possession should be AoE, and should deal heavy damage to neutral camps.

egruntz

shelaughz
Black Arrows isn't necessarily a broken trait. It really, really shines on Haunted Mines, and it's still useful in every other map. That's not a bad thing. I don't suspect hard nerfs or reworks. They just want to turn Possession into an ability that is more enticing to compete with Wailing Arrow.

So, I've been playing Murky and got him to level 8. Only now have I realized how wrong I've been playing him this entire time. I preferred March of the Murlocs up until now. How naive I was... Octo-Grab is soooooo much better. Allows me to have a presence in fights, and I've simply DELETED assassins in 1v1 duels. My God.

Aiming for that master skin. Gonna get it this weekend. Nonstop Murky.

I love when I play him in HL and people are like "GG. Dumb troll." Then I outperform them (sometimes even in hero stats) and they're like "GG bot. <3." lol. Murky is so fun. And so annoying.

Working on mastering my egg placement.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Works for all spells if you have Smart Targeting on. Or stuff that doesn't need a target but is repeatable like LiLi's stuff.

Savitar

Bought Kael's master skin, really wasn't any other heroes that I want that badly so I figured why the hell not. Can do some great damage on him so why not do it styling.

I think I'll work on Zagara next though her desert skin is the best and already have that.

Chaos17

Great, we lost because Valla was a pure PUSSY!!
But that guy do have the money to buy a skin, hahhaaa!! (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Chemist

Neo Member
Great, we lost because Valla was a pure PUSSY!!
But that guy do have the money to buy a skin, hahhaaa!! (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

I don't understand this statement and it's one I have heard in LoL as well. It makes no difference in skill if you one a skin or not. I own many skins on characters that I suck at, should I only but skins when I am great at them?
I'm other news I have finally jumped on the illidan train and hoo boy he's a blast!

Chaos17

you would think skin/mount buyers know how to play at least but noooope...

You should've saw me and Zeratul making an opening with Abathur support then search where Valla was. He was always always behind Malfurion one screen away from us (my friend Abathur saw this).

He did that to every teamfight, he saw the enemy, quick he ran away and stay ehind Malfurion T_T...

I don't understand this statement and it's one I have heard in LoL as well. It makes no difference in skill if you one a skin or not. I own many skins on characters that I suck at, should I only but skins when I am great at them?
I'm other news I have finally jumped on the illidan train and hoo boy he's a blast!
Sorry, I forgot that some customers are fashion victims who buy skins even when they're not feeling good with the game or character.
I totally forgot that option.

hort

Neo Member
Tried this out last night. I've played some LoL and Dota 2 but really hate how long games can go generally, so the 15-25 minute games I got in yesterday were a pleasant suprise.

I really like that you start with 3 abilities from the start.

I really like the talent system.

I don't mind the item system in the other games, but do not miss it here.

The map specific objectives are generally a good way to focus your team on one activity that should help you win.

Overall it seems great. I tried out a couple of different heroes last night. Got about 2500 gold and bought Valla (? the demon hunter lady) with it. I'm liking her so far. I mostly wanted to buy a hero that I can stick with if the free heroes in the rotation aren't to my liking.

Savitar

Some people do play too defensively, this is true.

Games today are about even in wins and loses, usually pretty damn close. Most of those wins except for one was verging on the ends of defeat normally.

Since the game launched I noticed instead of people doing engagements in lanes with one or two others it has greatly changed to group up for mass slaughter more often than not. Sticking to a lane? Nope, people ping pong around like a pinball. One of the greater issues is how people seem to chase others with no regard to what they are doing, be it surrounding themselves with enemies or going right into a camp where they get blasted to bits.

When you got objects and more that need to be gotten it can be a pain when people are just going after others with no thought towards anything. And it always seems to be the Raynors.

Rezae

Just want to vent over a game I'm still fuming about from last night...

Mines. We had a ridiculous # of skulls, like 90+ to their single digit. It was about 20 minutes into the match. Levels about even. Our Golem is getting ready to spawn by their last fort. I call out to everyone "push our golem!" And what do they do? All FOUR of them start traveling to the enemies golem outside our gate. I ping our golem repeatedly. So it's me, my lovely buff golem, ..... and 5 opponents. I try to be a nuisance to the enemies, last about 30 seconds harassing them and am eventually killed off. Both golems die around the same time. I tell everyone they just wasted our golem. One of them tells me to shut up. Next mines run the opponents get 80+, they PUSH, and they win. Called it a night after that.

Bombless

Finally tried Reghar out and...well...I find him meh. Had great success in catching up with runners and finishing them off with a wolf swipe though.

Sothpaw

Congrats, you're a bigot.

One of the best things Blizzard did in HotS was create a neutral profile so people couldn't creep your account like they can in Dota 2 through Steam and find out where you're from so they can be an asshole to you based on that information. Also not having VOIP in client cuts down on pretty much all of the casual racism you're likely to hear when playing with an international crew. I just haven't seen the same kinds of insults and slurs thrown around in HotS versus my 2000+ hours of Dota 2 and I attribute that to limited information about your teammates and limited communication with them. We only have each others play to fall back on for insults. Progress!

I am a bigot because I want to play with people I can communicate with?

I'm a portuguese speaker ( .__.)

Your English seems fine to me. I mean people who queue on US West (in DOTA) and refuse to or simply can't communicate with the rest of the team. I normally couldn't care less but communication is obviously key in this genre.

TheYanger

Congrats, you're a bigot.

One of the best things Blizzard did in HotS was create a neutral profile so people couldn't creep your account like they can in Dota 2 through Steam and find out where you're from so they can be an asshole to you based on that information. Also not having VOIP in client cuts down on pretty much all of the casual racism you're likely to hear when playing with an international crew. I just haven't seen the same kinds of insults and slurs thrown around in HotS versus my 2000+ hours of Dota 2 and I attribute that to limited information about your teammates and limited communication with them. We only have each others play to fall back on for insults. Progress!

What. Playing with people you can't speak to is fucking awful in this type of game, slow the fuck down with calling people bigots over that shit.

Sothpaw

DOTA skills for sure carry over in this game (positioning and knowing when to initiate especially). That said one thing that is going to take a while to learn is to understand when it is best to go for an objective or stay soaking xp or go for a boss. Lot's of stuff to do and I for sure need to improve in that area.

I am a bigot because I want to play with people I can communicate with?

With what you said, yup.

What. Playing with people you can't speak to is fucking awful in this type of game, slow the fuck down with calling people bigots over that shit.

I've played 2000+ hours of Dota 2, it has VOIP in client as well as text chat, I'm more than aware of how it usually goes when you have an international group of players. Dota 2 has better non-verbal communication tools than HotS ranging from everything from calling for specific actions, heroes missing, which lane they're missing from, to congratulating others for their play. Valve has done everything to make communication as easy as possible, even if there are language barriers.

While there are regional filters in Dota 2 (US West, US East, etc), you opt in to play anywhere you want. NA players complaining about "Spanish" and "Portuguese" means complaining about Mexican, Central and South American players queuing on US West. And European players are typically the ones complaining about Russians, although you do get the occasional Russian on US West.

Alur

Sorry, I forgot that some customers are fashion victims who buy skins even when they're not feeling good with the game or character.
I totally forgot that option.

That's a little harsh, eh? I mean thanks to them, because they let the majority of players play the game for free.

Just because one buys a skin doesn't mean one has to be pro or even above average with a hero. Some skins go on sale and people buy them for future use. Some skins come in a bundle they bought for something else and it was an add-in. Some people buy skins when they start learning a hero because they detest the default skin.

Its just a skin. I've seen so many below average players with master skins for many months that its comical and I regularly see pro players streaming in generic skins or on brown horses. You can't let it have any bearing on how good or bad you expect a player to be.

DOTA skills for sure carry over in this game (positioning and knowing when to initiate especially). That said one thing that is going to take a while to learn is to understand when it is best to go for an objective or stay soaking xp or go for a boss. Lot's of stuff to do and I for sure need to improve in that area.

I always seem to feel guilty when I'm off on my own in this game. Seems like you're way more effective when running around with at least one other hero.

I don't know anything about DOTA 2, though.

Sothpaw

With what you said, yup.

How exactly am I a bigot for not wanting to play with people who can not communicate with my team? If I said "Spanish speakers are less intelligent and don't deserve to play with me," then that would make me a bigot. But I did not say that and on top of that I made a second post to clarify.

Bigots thankfully get banned instantly around here, and I think you should be a bit more careful with throwing that serious accusation around.

I always seem to feel guilty when I'm off on my own in this game. Seems like you're way more effective when running around with at least one other hero.

I don't know anything about DOTA 2, though.

Yea I feel that way too. Then sometimes I feel like my team is doing great but the enemy has a solo guy soaking a lane all game and they are two levels ahead. IDK I have a lot to learn. Thankfully so far I find the game super fun.

It lets you immediately claim a neutral pack without fighting them, it's a talent some heroes can pick.
Okay, thanks. No wonder I didn't know what it was, if only certain heroes can do it.

Speaking of mercenaries, I won a couple games this week simply by a couple of seige dudes just totally wrecking the enemy core while everyone is off battling each other. It's awesome how effective they can be.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Intense shit. We were fighting with 2 bots btw.
JCP9Be2.jpg

patchday

The easiest fix for Sylvanas would be to swap Black Arrow and Possession. It would be in-line with what they did to Murky, make you choose between siege damage and teamfight (although in Murky's case teamfight is waaaaaaay more powerful).

Then she wouldn't break Haunted Mines early.

say what? I need to read up on this. Tried to play Syl earlier with gaf but I couldn't figure out what I was doing. I choose Possession too but couldn't make it work for me

edit: Oh wow this game has a lot of depth. Reading a syl guide now. Learned tons already.

kirblar

Syl + pushing Golem = it really doesn't matter how the mine phase goes, the player without her has to defend or its going to be a disaster.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So that Diablo key giveaway. I guess their distribution system didn't work, so the guy has to do it all manually, but Disqus doesn't share email and has no PM system, so he is going through one at a time replying to each comment asking them to email him, then you're supposed to email him the comment of his reply to your post as a confirmation. I can only assume there are people with no life who are also watching it like hawks and trying to pretend that they are the ones he just replied to. A logistical nightmare, but it seems he's trying to take it on.

It's hilarious to me how both Zuna and iDream's tier lists from last week have Zeratul on Tier 2 and Abathur on Tier 3 yet this week they're getting the majority of bans in almost every game on both EU and NA.

It's like last weekend some random team dominated a bunch of scrims against some other random team running Zeratul/Abathur and now the entire competitive meta is centered around it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GG. Such an insanely fun character, holy shit :D

Fun-tier-list
Zagara > Kael'thas > Sylvanas > Jaina > Valla > Tychus > Anub'arak > Illidan > Raynor > Nova > Muradin

Time for Falstad... god bless.

Ashodin

GG. Such an insanely fun character, holy shit :D

Fun-tier-list
Zagara > Kael'thas > Sylvanas > Jaina > Valla > Tychus > Anub'arak > Illidan > Raynor > Nova > Muradin

Time for Falstad... god bless.

YOU WILL LOVE FALSTAD

no seriously he is fun as fuck, also not having to mount is a godsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom