• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Shit! sorry haly.
tears.gif
there's other stuff in this box too. i'll PM you.

maybe i'll give everybody a day to post their pictures so it doesn't happen again.

edit: fixed I wrote u down for zagara, but i'll wait a bit to make sure nobody else gets haly'd.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's fine. I just wanted Jaina, no need for other codes, skins or otherwise.

pigeon

Banned
Yeah bots have been riding that thing for two patches now. Considering I think certain variations of it are among the coolest mounts in the game the wait has been unbearable.

kirblar and others think they held it because they knew the Magic Carpet was going on sale so they wanted to wait til after that. That sounds about right to me. Gotta get dem dollars.

My guess would be if we don't see it Tuesday we won't see it til the patch that comes out on the 30th, but who knows. All they have to do is turn it on.

Ketchmo the charitable. Pretty sweet.

To get a FREE Zeratul, Lili, Jaina, Zagara, or Sonya please post you're best MS Paint depiction of the hero you want casting their heroic ability, and then I will PM a code for the hero to whoever has the best drawing.

What is this golden trigger though? New Raynor gun skin? :D

K9xsvjQ.png

Pretty sure I nailed it.

Maledict

Kael'Thas seems like a fundamentally godawful pick on Mines.

Yep - as much as I play him, I don't play him on mines. The game is over by the time he comes online normally, and he is fodder for the heroes that are good on mines - like assassin Sylvanas, Kerrigan and others.

Ketch

sick pics everybody. really quality stuff. I'm writing everybodies name down for what hero they want and then I'll pick a winner at random for each one around this time tmorrow. Just want to make sure everybody has a chance.

to be clear i still have codes for zagara, zeratul, sonya, anad lili

Alur

Yeah. Guess he might file into the "pubstomper" tier with Battle Momentum Thrall and pre-35 nerfs Nova.

Let's hope the competition will heat up.

It will once the wheat is separated from the chaff. Kind sucks for the newer teams that they had to start getting into stomps by the long-standing teams already in the second round.

I would absolutely love to get a team together and enter in July, even if it is a 2-0 stomp. I think it'd be good fun.

The Cowboy

hi guyz

I bought the retail box at walmart, and now I have all these codes for free heroes that I already own. So, in order to atone for my sins I'd like to give them away here if that's alright.

To get a FREE Zeratul, Lili, Jaina, Zagara, or Sonya please post you're best MS Paint depiction of the hero you want casting their heroic ability, and then I will PM a code for the hero to whoever has the best drawing.

I only have one of each, and please only one entry per person. I keeping the golden triger so dont ask.
cheeky.gif

I gave up, this is the best i could do with my MS all in one keyboard/trackpad (my fingers are to fat, and the trackpad is to small for drawing :D).

Well I picked up the starter pack (physical) and also the nexus bundle. This is my first MOBA (or "Hero Brawler") and I'm having a blast.

kirblar

Well I picked up the starter pack (physical) and also the nexus bundle. This is my first MOBA (or "Hero Brawler") and I'm having a blast.
You are going to have 4 extra codes because Sonya/Zagara/Li Li are all in the Nexus Bundle and you can get Zeratul + his skin by cashing in the Skin code by itself, leaving the solo Zeratul skin extra.

Alur

You did good. Welcome aboard!

Now go to the OP and start adding GAF players from the list and/or join the GAF chat channel/Mumble and reap souls.

The Cowboy

looks great but she's supposed to casting her heroic!
She did cast it, its off screen now :D

If I'm honest i haven't actually seen the heroic, i stated playing the game 2 days ago and so far got the diablo character free and bought that dwarf with the hammer and axe - I've only seem this weird beasty running around and not witnessed the heroic yet.

Edit.
Did a google search, i think this is one (if you can tell what it is :D).

The Cowboy

Spawning Pool, that's easy :p
I think if you squint enough it just might be :D.

What is it really?, its devouring maw or something right? (edit, yep i think it is, or well its meant to be :p).
---
Loving the game so far, it really needs a bit of polish but i really do like the slightly different levels and the skill setup over the item setup in Dota 2/LOL - can't wait to see if i can Steam controller it well when it arrives (I'm a couch gamer).

JC Sera

hope the contest isn't over
Broodmother love

disclaimer: I'm on mac and don't own mspaint, so I used a tegaki program

fuck
I am illiterate
Less love more banelings

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think if you squint enough it just might be :D..
I so wanted that to be a spawning pool! I mean, it's even got the green goo on top!

TKORqRi.png

Corsick

I'm at 5k gold almost and am trying to decide between Uther, Diablo and Tassadar. Not sure what to buy. I think strictly on power level it's Uther>Tass>Diablo? All three are good though. Diablo seems most fun because of his ability to frustrate the other team. No escape though, so he needs a babysitter at all times.

oh i didnt think you were doing a time limit, thought you were just asking someone do a quick picture if u want it type deal. you can count me out since i did mine in like 3 seconds.

speaking to ketch

Miletius

Raynor sucks right? He was the only available hero for the Starcraft daily for me, and it was pretty bad for me. Maybe it's just a fluke, but I can't really figure out how he's that fun, seems very passive.

Also, this game got really hardcore, really quick. People get mad when they are on the losing side. Didn't feel like this during the week.

Haly

He's not fun. He's dull and one dimensional and while he's not a terribad pick like Gazlowe is, he's not good enough at anything to warrant being picked over just about any other assassin.

kirblar

He's not fun. He's dull and one dimensional and while he's not a terribad pick like Gazlowe is, he's not good enough at anything to warrant being picked over just about any other assassin.
He goes in Bloodlust comps. Probably on Sky Temple because his ult is good for temple fights. Otherwise, ignore.

hes trying to do a starcraft daily, and id argue hes a good pick depending on your team comp

Haly

I would rather have Tychus 90% of the time.

And if you just want to get your dailies over with you should take Raynor into Versus AI and just roll over some bots.

Blackage

Raynor sucks right? He was the only available hero for the Starcraft daily for me, and it was pretty bad for me. Maybe it's just a fluke, but I can't really figure out how he's that fun, seems very passive.

Also, this game got really hardcore, really quick. People get mad when they are on the losing side. Didn't feel like this during the week.

I actually find him fun, try this build.

http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/raynor#kFZo

It's like using a perma Stimmed Marine in Starcraft but with a much higher health pool, it's a great deal of damage that catches people off guard. Also helps you practice your shudder stepping if you're not great at it. =D

http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/raynor#gprI

Use this variant if you find yourself with no support/healer.

Miletius

Well it's over now thankfully, but yeah, I just don't see how he is very much fun. Just shoot shoot bless shoot shoot bless, shoot shoot.

As far as Team Comps go, I'm just solo queuing QM, which may expose his weaknesses a bit more because you don't get as much control over who you play with.

Edit: Oh, you can do dailies vs AI?

Alur

I think he's a bit underrated at this point, myself, but YMMV. The times we use him in groups he's been useful and put up numbers. Plenty good enough for us plebes, at least.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Raynor is fine! He might be simple but he can assist the creep from 1-10 and then heavily impact group fights at 10+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom