• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I make it in time? Also, I'm not sure if region matters, but I'm EU.

Vw22J7W.png

Kioshen

I'm at 5k gold almost and am trying to decide between Uther, Diablo and Tassadar. Not sure what to buy. I think strictly on power level it's Uther>Tass>Diablo? All three are good though. Diablo seems most fun because of his ability to frustrate the other team. No escape though, so he needs a babysitter at all times.

Uther and Diablo are on sale for 50% next week if you can wait and have cash on hand. Would be a better deal than buy one with gold.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What. the. fuck. did I just encounter?

So much for just chillin' and relaxin' for some free xp at the end of the day...

Carm

What. the. fuck. did I just encounter?

So much for just chillin' and relaxin' for some free xp at the end of the day...

Heh, been playing since the 5th, capping AI exp everyday. My cap now doesn't reset till 10pm cst tonight. When I started on the 5th it was around I want to say 7pm cst. so in 8 days my cap reset shifted 3 hours =x. They really need to change it to reset at daily quest reset everyday instead. Really don't understand a rolling reset.

Alur

Coop experience cap. It sucks. Its there to prevent botting for gold and sort of funnel players into PVP since that's the main draw of the game I guess.

I had forgotten all about it too and hit it a month or so ago leveling heroes to 5 on an alt account. RIP.

Maximus.

Lol my whole team died defending our base and I was the only one left. One person on my team was like why aren't you attacking? Couldn't believe they expected me to go 1v5...

Alur

IMO at least that part of noob-ishness isn't as bad as it was in Alpha. People used to get absolutely righteous if others didn't take lopsided fights just to fight back before people really knew how to play the game.

Most of the new folks I see now are extremely passive though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's quite a reasonable cap when you don't have stimpak, friend, and xp bonus going on. With all this stuff running it's crazy short.

Alur

That's a good point. Stimpack + extras really blows it out of proportion. You'd have to play a ton to hit it without it based on how short coop games usually are versus quick match.

Llyranor

Hope Zeratul is still available!

Sure, he's an elite assassin and unleashes his abilities on his sworn enemies, but that's not all they're good for. Like preventing a wasp from ruining a nice picnic lunch :)

WCQPnIf.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
everyone is so happy in that picture!

Milly79

Why would you ever pick him over one of the other Melee assassins? This isn't a skill thing, this is "Thrall got nerfed cause he is/was a pubstomper and lost what made him viable in competitive play" thing.

Seems pretty viable to me, but who am I? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Thrall's sustain is convenient. Unlike Kerrigan, he eventually regenerates his health whereas Kerrigan just always goes down.

On demand long range AoE stun is nice too.

Uther and Diablo are on sale for 50% next week if you can wait and have cash on hand. Would be a better deal than buy one with gold.

Is this confirmed? Not doubting you, I just must have missed where that was mentioned and have been debating picking up Uther with gold

Alur

Is this confirmed? Not doubting you, I just must have missed where that was mentioned and have been debating picking up Uther with gold

Yeah its confirmed.

EDIT: LOL Complexity vs Bo-Berries - Stitches and Zeebo! It's late 2014/early 2015 all over again!

Not sure how much more of this I can take. Matchmaking's barely improved since beta, community is 1000% worse now as predicted, Hero League is only about 10% better than Quick Match, and my win percentage hasn't been above 50% for almost 2 months.

The only real reason I play this anymore is for the 2 or 3 games out of 15 a night I feel like I've accomplished something.

Alur

Not sure how much more of this I can take. Matchmaking's barely improved since beta, community is 1000% worse now as predicted, Hero League is only about 10% better than Quick Match, and my win percentage hasn't been above 50% for almost 2 months.

The only real reason I play this anymore is for the 2 or 3 games out of 15 a night I feel like I've accomplished something.

I know its considered heresy around here by some, but what heroes are you most often playing in Quick Match? A variety or just a set few? Regardless of personal love or a random tier list, some heroes are just plain better for going it alone or in a duo.

I've never been wed to a specific hero/set of heroes before though so much that I wouldn't switch it up to go with whatever is working based on the free week/teammates I have. I find that
other than Gazlowe and Chen
I can have a pretty enjoyable time playing any of them.

Just look at whatever is free (which is mainly what you face each week in QM) and play a counter or at least play something that isn't countered and doesn't rely on people setting you up. Work on improving you and don't worry so much about how it turns out with them. You can't do anything for them if they don't want to listen anyway. You'll always have the asshats and trolls and generally bad players, but if you do your thing better you'll win more regardless. And if all else fails play Murky and troll the shit out of the enemy.

all these artworks cheer this place right up

Yes they do. Some hilarious ones for sure.

Celegus

20 minutes * 15 matches = 300 minutes = 6 hours... maybe take a break? Cut back a bit? Open up MS Paint?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Matchmaking is really bad in off peak hours. I swear our Raynor was sitting in fountain reading talents because that's the only way I can explain his behavior.

That and the matchmaking system is too anxious to get a game going. At this rate, I would rather have a Slow Matchmaking mode that is content with waiting 5-7 minutes for a decent match.

phierce

Soooo, I started this just to get the pet for WoW, and now I'm kind of hooked. What have I done?

Level 11 and just started some hours ago. Having a blast.

Any word on Arthas? How is he?

Alur

Any word on Arthas? How is he?

Arthas is alright. He's not one of the best tanks but he has his uses. Just about any hero is plenty fine for Quick Match. If you're good enough at em they are plenty fine for Hero League too.

And welcome aboard!

how th efuck you supposed to earn gold in this game

The gold gain early is pretty damn quick. Level heroes to 5 = 500g. Level your account = a lot of gold. Get daily quests after level 6 = more gold. You get a week long Stimpack at level 10 which greatly speeds up the process as well.

It's the gold gain once you've finished leveling your account that gets a bit slow.

Maledict

http://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/39ppzh/stats_season_2_na_major_league_playoffs_used_new/

CyaSteve's numbers from the ESL playoffs. Shocking result: Anub was even worse than Kael, with a 27% winrate.

I bet at that level you simply need to treat him as a Sonya-style bruiser and not a real tank.

Are we sure these numbers are accurate? I swear to god I watched a match yesterday where one of the teams had Thrall, yet they don't have him picked at all.

The Cowboy

Touched my Zagara up, debatable on if its an improvement but its for a code so i thought I'd put a bit more effort in (and yes, this is me putting effort it :D).

Added happy clouds (everything is better with happy clouds).
zRVK3dI.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Any team with consistent disables happening Raynor fucking melts the other team down, plus if you get steel resolve *and if you dont wtf is wrong with you* Inspire is only down for 1 second at a time on your entire team. He makes your team freaking destroy.

Not to mention an arbiter hatted raynor is the funniest thing. He attacks as fast as tychus at level 20 while running around on foot at pretty much mount speed with a little bit less range than sergeant hammer

patchday

Raynor sucks right? He was the only available hero for the Starcraft daily for me, and it was pretty bad for me. Maybe it's just a fluke, but I can't really figure out how he's that fun, seems very passive.

Also, this game got really hardcore, really quick. People get mad when they are on the losing side. Didn't feel like this during the week.

I sometimes disable allied chat when its randoms that way I don't have to read their whining. Game has 'pings' and I pretty much know what to do. I try to play with gaf when I get time to play. Even then, I have to disable communication with the 1 or 2 random scrubs we tend to get.

I can understand getting super competitive if you're in Hero League. But if you're in Quickmatch or Versus AI I dont give a care what they have to complain bout.

Duress

What do they mean in the stats when they say "ban"?

I believe it's like Dota where you draft characters, and you can say which character they can't play on the other team

In this case this says the amount of times each character was banned first round, second round, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom