• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

then nope, hey kirb, what happened to your boy who use to play stitches alot? when I would join up with you guys and you two would argue over strats lol
I think he just stopped playing - met him through here.

I think you have to First Pick or 2nd Ban Vikings on Garden/Cursed. I might be biased, but they're just so busted on those two because of the triple soak and the huge map size. It's not as bad on say, ST, with its relatively short horizontal lanes.

Ketch

I think it's the controllable siege units. The ability to push with a full team plus terror or dragon while still soaking the other lanes that makes vikings OP on those maps. Like it's good on cursed, but you can still manage a team fight 4v5 over the tribute a lot of times where as there's really nothing you can do vs a dragon knight + 4 enemies without your whole team there to defend.

It's like the guaranteed structural damage of a terror/dragon vs the potential structural damage from getting cursed.

GGs EJ, the casters gave you so much praise, and it was well deserved.

kirblar

I think it's the controllable siege units. The ability to push with a full team plus terror or dragon while still soaking the other lanes that makes vikings OP on those maps. Like it's good on cursed, but you can still manage a team fight 4v5 over the tribute a lot of times where as there's really nothing you can do vs a dragon knight + 4 enemies without your whole team there to defend.

It's like the garaunteed structural damage of a terror/dragon vs the potential structural damage from getting cursed.
At least on DS getting the Dragon in the first place requires your team to be losing anyway, so you can beat them with better rotations and aggression.

edit: I definitely agree on Garden- it's the exact same reason Syl + Vikings is busted on CH.

gg's guys! EG pretty much outplayed us. But I've only been on this team for about a week and we made pretty huge progress since I joined. Also yeah our draft game 2 was pretty busted.

Either way my team got in the money $100 blizz bucks lol

Also I appreciate all of the support, thanks again!

patchday

^ hate playin' against Diablo lol

I better call it a night. Logged on right quick for a few quickmatches and had a lot of fun. Even left allied chat on today. there was no drama. Just smooth and easy wins. Going to logout on a good note

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just bought a bunch of shit and I've got no idea why.

halp...

pigeon

Banned
OK. I picked winners now, but pulling names from a hat (for the ones that had multiple entries), and here they are:

Zagara goes to JC Sera

Zeratul for Twookie

Sonya for Pigeon (I did switch you celegus, but you still lost)

and Lili (most popular hero by far) goes to Sothis Krieg (one of the best pictures imho)

I'll PM you guys the codes. Thanks for all the great artwork, really classy stuff.

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to trying Sonya out.

-Digits-

he didnt say master a character. he said learn a character. there is a fundamental difference there.

You're right, he said learn. I'd argue you don't 'learn' a character in 5-6 'good wins'. Not at all. Playing a few games will only give you a basic understanding of a character, not have learned it. By the time you've unlocked the master skin you should have learned that character pretty well, which is what Yoshi said and I backed. I hope I clarified that now.

Do you mean invisibility, like Tassadar's which is a real invisibility (invulnerable) or the Nova/Zeratul 'stealth'? If the later, they're always still visible as a slight shimmering, you can target them and hit them and everything. When Tassadar pops his invisibility (it's a real invisibility) you can't target him or see him, or hit him.

They are not really invisible. You can still see them if you pay attention.

Thanks. I didn't know that they can still be seen and targeted in stealth. was getting frustrated against nova

Maledict

You're right, he said learn. I'd argue you don't 'learn' a character in 5-6 'good wins'. Not at all. Playing a few games will only give you a basic understanding of a character, not have learned it. By the time you've unlocked the master skin you should have learned that character pretty well, which is what Yoshi said and I backed. I hope I clarified that now.

Absolutely agree - heck, I'm level 12 on Kael and still changing my playstyle as we figure out how to best fit him into teams and comps (such as getting the early stun talents to provide more of a mid game presence).

Kioshen

Do we have tomorrow's store update yet?

Yes we do.

Free Rotation

-Malfurion
-Valla
-Chen
-Brightwing
-Kerrigan
-Sgt. Hammer (lvl. 12)
-Kael'thas (lvl.15)

This week's sale :

Diablo - 3.19 GBP, 4.19 EUR
Uther - 3.19 GBP, 4.19 EUR
Skin: Lurkablo Diablo - 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR
Skin: Medic Uther - 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR​
Skin: Stars and Stripes Raynor - 1.49 GBP, 1.99 EUR​
Skin: Kandy King Muradin - 2.70 GBP, 3.69 EUR​​

Kioshen

Yeah me too I'll be able to give Kael a solid try before plunking down 10k on him. I'll also be able to lv5 hammer and have only 2-3 heroes left for 500g ... oh god it's going to be a grind for the rest of my gold purchases.

Xater

Yes we do.

Free Rotation

-Malfurion
-Valla
-Chen
-Brightwing
-Kerrigan
-Sgt. Hammer (lvl. 12)
-Kael'thas (lvl.15)

This week's sale :

Diablo - 3.19 GBP, 4.19 EUR
Uther - 3.19 GBP, 4.19 EUR
Skin: Lurkablo Diablo - 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR
Skin: Medic Uther - 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR​
Skin: Stars and Stripes Raynor - 1.49 GBP, 1.99 EUR​
Skin: Kandy King Muradin - 2.70 GBP, 3.69 EUR​​

Oh right forgot this was the Diablo and Uther week. Oh well nothing for me then.

patchday

Yeah me too I'll be able to give Kael a solid try before plunking down 10k on him. I'll also be able to lv5 hammer and have only 2-3 heroes left for 500g ... oh god it's going to be a grind for the rest of my gold purchases.

Yeah :( They are quite stingy with the gold is my impression after the account has surpassed a certain level and the heroes have been leveled up to L5

Atm I'm still L22 with a lot of heroes to level up.

I've been thinking of plopping down 10k gold on Kael as well depending on how will I vibe with him next week. Had a blast with Mauldin (that dwarf). He's for sure a must buy. Luckily hes only 2000 gold

Will be buying Uther next week when hes on sale too

The End

How legit is DLgamer?

They've got the "big" starter pack (Sonya, Zagara, Zeratul w/samurai skin, Jaina, Li Li, plus a unique tiger mount) for $16, which would put me at 10 heroes.

Seems like a decent deal if it's an actual valid key.

Xater

How legit is DLgamer?

They've got the "big" starter pack (Sonya, Zagara, Zeratul w/samurai skin, Jaina, Li Li, plus a unique tiger mount) for $16, which would put me at 10 heroes.

I bought it from them.

Llyranor

How legit is DLgamer?

Well, that's the retail starter pack (but cheaper). It's a good deal if legit.

danielcw

How legit is DLgamer?

I bought it from them.

I never heard of DLgamer before, but I bought it there without a problem.
I was surprised that they wanted my cell-phone number to send me a confirmation code though.

I think Yoshi also bought from them.

Xisiqomelir

I don't know if it's just Singapore being in Americas for unknown reasons, but I get really crappy servers this game.

Unlocked my Hearthstone cardback though, so I have fulfilled my HotS purpose.

EDIT: By "crappy servers" I mean players (and occasionally whole teams) constantly DCing, huge wait times to queue, ages to load maps etc.

-Digits-

I only have time for one daily so I decided to do 2 quick AI games. I pick Sonya, queue up and get matched with 4 supports. U wot m8?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So when does the stupid XP cap reset every day in EU? In how many hours?

Panthers

Is anyone going to be playing NA during E3 today? I want to start my first ever twitch stream and would like some friends to play with (FINALLY got my new PC. Dat Titan X baby)

I didnt realize today was E3 until like yesterday so I guess its a bad day lol

Ketch

After going like 27 and 3 in HL I finally started to lose a bit more at around rank 23. Maybe it was the time of night, but I was getting like first pick Gazlowes or vikings who can't micro or Jaina's who do 8k damage and solo die to brightwing and stuff.....

kirblar

How legit is DLgamer?

Use the Zeratul Skin code first- it should unlock both Zera and the skin, leaving you with a extra code to trade/sell/gift.

So I just played a game that didn't count as a game apparently. It was just a coop game with Jaina, but still that was a wasted 15 mins :(

patchday

Use the Zeratul Skin code first- it should unlock both Zera and the skin, leaving you with a extra code to trade/sell/gift.

dang man wish you spoke up earlier I've been talking bout buying the starter pack for a few days before I finally got it the other day and used all my codes :(

[edit] Then again looks like I never mentioned I intended to buy from dlgamer.com. I only talked bout the ingame shop starter pack

Panthers

Now that the first 2 big shows are over, who wants to play some? I am going to test my first stream in a little and would like some people to play with

Rhyno#1559

Now that the first 2 big shows are over, who wants to play some? I am going to test my first stream in a little and would like some people to play with

Rhyno#1559

I can't right now, but whenever you see me in-game and want to group up I am always willing. I seem to recall we had a few good games together.

Chen ultimate with the barrel is so funny. First time trying this hero today, though is so hard to control the barrel when it goes really fast at lv 20!

Looking forward to the Heroes of the Storm section at E3 tonight, though hoping they reveal a bit more than just King Leoric which everyone has known about for ages already.

Panthers

Chen ultimate with the barrel is so funny. First time trying this hero today, though is so hard to control the barrel when it goes really fast at lv 20!

Looking forward to the Heroes of the Storm section at E3 tonight, though hoping they reveal a bit more than just King Leoric which everyone has known about for ages already.

I didnt realize they would be at E3. Thats cool. I just figured they did Blizzcon and that was it. (As well as special events like the HOTS Launch)

Yoshichan

Yeah, now that my life is complete with the recent (three!) announcements, I can finally go back to whatever I was doing before that moment :)

100% HYPE is real. I'll be capping my XP against AI every day and then I'll continue with quick match. Anyone who wants to join is free to do so.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Since I still have stimpak and it's 100% bonus I'm so tempted to get Thrall and his master skin this week... but my gooooold...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom