• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, I logged on to Hearthstone, saw that I could grab my mount-reward. Logged in on Heroes, nothing to be found :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks guys :3!

Alur

I know matchmaking gets the shaft a lot. Indeed it is very dumb from time to time. However, you can genuinely win with just about anything in this game which is part of what makes it great.

Twice in the last day I've been on a team with no front line and a plethora of melee DPS (Illidan and Kerrigan in one game, Thrall and Kerrigan in another) versus some form of 3 tank front line - Anub or Tyrael and two real tanks - and we were like "welp" but we got a bit of an EXP lead in one by playing smart and we just plain outplayed the other set and won. Ironically, I bet the three tank comps were bitching the same way about their own comp but I digress.

Just now I won Dragon Shire with about as shit a comp as you can get on that map, particularly when facing a real comp:

Eqln7Yv.jpg

Abathur/Nova/Malfurion/Zagara/Kael'thas (TEAM NO ASS) vs Anub'arak/Brightwing/Azmodan/Jaina/Kael'thas (TEAM SEMBLANCE OF REALITY)

They dominated us until level 16 when the Kael'thas power spike hit. Had 3 of our keeps down, then a 4th. But then we just grabbed mercs around the map as we could and when shrines spawned we sat on bottom shrine and waited.

Three times they came. Three times they failed through protracted battles on both sides. Three DRAGON KNIGHTS were secured for justice. Men cried in fear and Jaina's wept icicles, but at the Battles of the Bottom Shrine (original, Part Deux, and Return of the Flamethrower Returns) patience prevailed as they repeatedly threw themselves into our frail bodies with their sturdy comp only to be rooted and Gravity Lapsed into oblivion. The world rejoiced as the underdogs triumphed and the evil was vanquished. Fin.

We definitely should have lost but - and stop me if you heard this before - our team recognized we had a shit comp (particularly early on Dragon Shire) from the start and played smart and worked around it. The enemy just tried to bullrush us time after time but we won the battle of attrition.

tl;dr - matchmaking does suck. sometimes it makes for epic adventures doe.

Yoshichan

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got my iron wolf mount from lvl100 in WoW. Well suited to a few characters.

Alur

Definitely one of the best looking mounts. Plus all three colors are good which is rare.

Just got my SSD set up finally after the marathon wait for it to clone. While I've experienced SSD life on my MacBooks and iMac, I've always had an HDD in my PC.

Welcome to the new age, to the new age.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so wheres my hearthstone mount?

I have no mount and no pop up. I havent played HS in ages but im pretty sure I have 100 wins in it (more like 500 wins but whatever)

Yoshichan

so wheres my hearthstone mount?

I have no mount and no pop up. I havent played HS in ages but im pretty sure I have 100 wins in it (more like 500 wins but whatever)

Log on to Hearthstone to get the message
> wait 24h

Alur

Look in your quest log in the top left under Play Mode Wins. Will tell ya there how many you have.

If you've got it then it should've popped up as you logged into Hearthstone.

I literally just got my Hearthstone Card Back Mount right now and I got the prompt 14 hours ago or so. Since it can take up to 24 supposedly I guess I got lucky? LOL, now I can't use it til I get some sleep though.

gimme dose tears Milly...mmm salty

Yoshichan

areyouevenlegend.jpg

:D

Yoshichan

(Have you moved to NA yet?)
Soon!

11 10s finally.

Milly79's "Yoshichan" list of fun:

KT > Nova > Thrall > Anub > Illidan > Rehgar > Zeratul > Li Li > Nazeebo > Jaina > Malfurion
Aaaah, I get so confused when people say "KT" for Kael'thas! KT is already reserved for Kel'thuzad! Kael'thas is "Kael" :3

Yoshichan

Took less than 3-4 hours :D

k2ptqCH.jpg

My body is ready!

Milly79

Aaaah, I get so confused when people say "KT" for Kael'thas! KT is already reserved for Kel'thuzad! Kael'thas is "Kael" :3

Ah yeah, sorry. Haha.

Jaina tho... My god. I can never get a full grasp of her. I find her much harder to play that Kael and it's only gonna get worse with the sprint removal.

Kioshen

The sale next week is a little underwhelming but that's IMO :

Arthas - 4.19 EUR
Crown Prince Arthas Skin - 4,99 EUR
High Templar Zeratul Skin - 2.49 EUR

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The sale next week is a little underwhelming but that's IMO :

Arthas - 4.19 EUR
Crown Prince Arthas Skin - 4,99 EUR
High Templar Zeratul Skin - 2.49 EUR

finally nothing for me, whew

scoobs

ughhh solo queue is the worst thing in the world right now. 3 games in a row losing 30 kills to 0-5, and a zeratul/nova combo on each team. If I'm NOT playing against nova and zeratul I consider it a blessing from god.

I understand nova and zeratul can be easily countered at high levels of play, but its not even fair at the casual level.

Rhaknar

Log on to Hearthstone to get the message
> wait 24h

thanks. since I didnt have to log in to wow for the wolf, I assumed I didnt have to log in to HS. I guess because wow has a sub

patchday

Am I right then? It appears only heroes that are worth 7,000 gold or less will go on "sale" (such as Arthas, Kerrigan, Tyrande, etc). Heroes that cost 10,000 gold will not go on sale in the store unless their price gets dropped after a new character gets released or something

I'm unfamiliar with how MOBAs such as HOTS / LoL handle these 'sales' is the reason why I am asking. Eventually I'd like to get perhaps Kael & Syl but I don't want to have to drop 10k gold. Currently I'm at bout 13k gold but I'm hoarding it like a greedy dragon

Maledict

They're removing sprint? When did they say that?

They haven't - the build people were playing at the 'into the mayhem' event had a number of talents missing, including sprint from Jaina and Gust of Healing from Brightwing. Devs had since said that wasn't a confirmed removal, so until we get the patch notes on Tuesday no-one really knows.

Maledict

Am I right then? It appears only heroes that are worth 7,000 gold or less will go on "sale" (such as Arthas, Kerrigan, Tyrande, etc). Heroes that cost 10,000 gold will not go on sale in the store unless their price gets dropped after a new character gets released or something

I'm unfamiliar with how MOBAs such as HOTS / LoL handle these 'sales' is the reason why I am asking. Eventually I'd like to get perhaps Kael & Syl but I don't want to have to drop 10k gold. Currently I'm at bout 13k gold but I'm hoarding it like a greedy dragon

I don't think there's a rule about 10K heroes - I'm sure Azmodan and Jaina have been on sale at some point.

Kioshen

Hum no. Heroes from the full spectrum range can go on sale. Azmodan, Zeratul and Jaina have gone on sale among other heroes. See here to see the list starting from January this year.

LogicStep

So Hearthstone mount I just log in to that game? What about the mechanical mount, I heard it has to do something with Facebook?

Just wanted to know how everyone felt on this but to me it seems ranged heroes are the best ones. Melee is so much harder to play effectively, seem to go down way fast.

Rhaknar

no you are not right.

Weekly Sale Items for February 9 – 16, 2015
Abathur -- Sale Price: €4.99, £3.69 GBP
Skelethur Abathur Skin -- Sale Price: €4.99, £3.69 GBP
Glam Metal E.T.C. Skin -- Sale Price: €3.69, £2.70 GBP

Weekly Sale Items for March 23 – 30, 2015
Azmodan -- Sale Price: 4.99 EUR, 3.69 GBP
Azgul’dan Azmodan Skin -- Sale Price: 3.69 EUR, 2.7 GBP
Cyb’arak Anub’arak Skin -- Sale Price: 4.99 EUR, 3.69 GBP

Weekly Sale Items for March 30 – April 6, 2015
Chen -- Sale Price: 4.99 EUR, 3.69 GBP
Warmaster Chen Skin -- Sale Price: 3.69 EUR, 2.7 GBP
Spectre Nova Skin -- Sale Price: 4.99 EUR, 3.69 GBP

etc

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So Hearthstone mount I just log in to that game? What about the mechanical mount, I heard it has to do something with Facebook?

Just wanted to know how everyone felt on this but to me it seems ranged heroes are the best ones. Melee is so much harder to play effectively, seem to go down way fast.

Generally ranged heroes are squishier than melee heroes. Anub, Muradin, ETC, these guys can take a lot of hits before going down. Of course they're tanks, so that's their job. There are a few melee assassins like Illidan and Zeratul, but they generally can take more hits than ranged assassins and have a few escape abilities they can use.

Had a chen bragging about going 14-10 in a 15 minute loss. I was 19-1 as Furion. I get Blizz's logic behind making takedowns work the way they do, but if players think they are doing ok with 10 deaths then idk if that's a good thing.

I dont know what these people are smoking... Chen on his own isn't that good, it was one of my first purchases when I collected 10k gold and I do have a bit of experience with him in QM and HL. I love playing him, he's really fun, and in good hands with some good support he can be a force but compared to other tanks Chen is a bit easier to kill. I had games where I had a lots of kills, sometimes the most, and zero deaths. But I'm not fooling myself in thinking it was all me, in those games I had awesome support.

The biggest advantage that Chen has is the rolling keg, it can seclude one player in any direction you want (a healer for example in the best scenario) from a group for a fast take down.

Maledict

Jaina without sprint just means you're gonna see a lot more Stormfront or Iceblock.

Which is fine - I think the issue with sprint is that it enables some extremely deadly aggressive play from her that they might not want. Sprint enables her to go in, drop the combo, then run the hell out of there. Iceblock and Stormfront don't - they are purely defensive tools.

That is, if they remove it at all - remmeber they have heavily caveated that build, and it may just have been a bug or something they were messing around with,

Alur

I thought we had received confirmation from Blizzard that Jaina's Sprint and Brightwing's Gust of Healing were indeed going away?

Could've sworn someone posted about in the thread but I can't find it.

Either way I would err on assuming they are as they both make sense, were seen on builds used for events (and for one Korean tournament) according to the reports and fall in line with Blizzard's statements on not wanting a single talent on a tier to receive nearly unanimous pick rate (Cast Aside, Rewind at 13, etc).

areyouevenlegend.jpg

I am indeed. One time. And I've barely played beyond trying the expansions + getting to 20 for the card backs each month since.

The grind is soul crushing, particularly when you factor in the months before if (like me) you had to slowly work your way up like rank 13, then rank 8 the next month, then five, then three, etc. Glad I did it though.

and yes I used every cancer deck I could muster to get there :D

Sothpaw

Why wouldn't the HS mount be for 100 arena wins too? I dropped a ton of money there and prob deserve the mount over play mode players.

Alur

They should make the other talents better rather then get rid the ones that are good.

Jaina has other good options there. Even Ice Block is much better to use (as in its decent now) since they changed it. It's just Sprint is the easiest to use and can be used offensively and defensively.

Brightwing has Cleanse which is used regularly competitively and a more sustained healing option at that tier which can be used as a poor man's Gust if you spam your abilities + have Blink Heal (though at reduced effectiveness per pulse). There's also MULE for her there.

IMO it makes sense. Not happy about it as much as I've been playing BW and as strong as Gust is, but I get it.

kirblar

Why wouldn't the HS mount be for 100 arena wins too? I dropped a ton of money there and prob deserve the mount over play mode players.
Arena doesn't encourage you to spend money.

Gust/Sprint were gone in the Blizzcon butcher build- we'll have PTR notes on Monday. Both make sense though- it brings Jaina in line with Kael's risk/reward, and Gust takes BW's biggest healing weakness away from her.

edit: Auriel (And probably Imperius, by association) deconfirmed by Blizz: https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/611687418035449856 - good on them for doing that after accidentally implying they'd be in.

kirblar

Wait did something change? It was $1.99 a pop last time I played.
It's always been 150g as well. It's not really cost-efficient to pay for it - and if it is, you're likely going close to infinite anyway.

It's that playing without top-tier cards in Play mode is not going to be fun.

Yoshichan

Not bad for a tank... not bad at all!

Fun-tier-list
Zagara > Kael'thas > Sylvanas > Jaina > Valla > Kerrigan > Falstad > Johanna > Tychus > Anub'arak > Illidan > Raynor > Nova > Muradin

Yoshichan

Yo, I think I'm gonna crush my support virginity today...

That one game doesn't count

Yoshichan

Anybody else having trouble loging in on the Battle.net app in the EU?

(I can still log in in the game directly)

No problems here!

The Cowboy

Anybody else having trouble loging in on the Battle.net app in the EU?

(I can still log in in the game directly)

Yeah, i can't log into the battle.net app either (UK here), but i can log into the game just fine - when i press connect in the app it just says I'm offline and does a 60 second countdown and does it again.

Pooya

not enjoying Kael'thas much, he's too slow for my taste, even slower than Jaina, if you don't have a decent team to support you get picked easily... ended up buying Johanna instead with my gold. She's fun to play but my fave warrior is still Anub.

3 heroes left that I still haven't played as yet, Murky, Abathur and Stiches. lvl 5 and up for everyone else. hopefully next rotation at least has Stiches, missed out on the previous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom