• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

On a balance topic - I seriously cannot believe Sylvanas is going to go live with mind control as it currently is. How the hell did this get past development?

I feel like it's ok tbh
Played a little more illidan and he really is pretty ridiculous w/ correct supports but still falls harder to his counters now

Milly79

I don't think the MC is anything outrageous until you get the level 20 upgrade, then it gets dumb.

Who's the best pairing for Illidan? Rehgar still? I know Khara and Tass pair pretty well too.

Ketch

I feel like the MC ult is only okay when people use it poorly, but it will quickly be the ability that sends your assassin barreling into the enemy team every fight when everyone else is trying to run away.... Oh wait no ability needed for that to happen tho.

brian!

Tass is absolutely the best to me in order to make up for evasion downtime but evasion is weaker now too, like all the good illidan supports are still good for him too. Uther/tass still best and in general uther/bw are things you want to eliminate as enemies, bw w/ illidan now can mean 100% uptime on block so she's even better w/ him now. Rehgar works and earth shield still good post-meta.

Kind of feels like he's forced a little harder into meta now too but maybe im underestimating his survivability still

I think i like immolation over the stacking every time, like the auto/blades synergy isnt really worth it vs. instant full dmg in an aoe

Alur

I read like 5-6 posts and already saw the trifecta.

Ded gaem, low twitch viewership, heroes aren't all free/available in a pack. Didn't take long.

Zackat

Wouldn't the all heroes in one pack just nuke your money flow for a game like this? Smite must sell a lot of fuckin skins or a lot of those packs.

Alur

Not really sure TBH. I've wondered the same because they don't have the built in boost for add-on buys like Dota 2 does.

I did have a giggle about Smite having better viewership than HOTS. On the one hand, it's like comparing the bottom table teams in the premier league against each other, and on the other HOTS absolutely destroys Smite and does pretty well on Twitch when there's an actual tournament.

Syf

Banned
sometimes I think it'd be a lot better to just offer an all heroes pack like that and stick to monetizing cosmetics. that's sorta what overwatch will be doing, full price game with all future heroes/maps being free and then loot box microtransactions for cosmetic stuff

idk why I post in those threads

Zackat

sometimes I think it'd be a lot better to just offer an all heroes pack like that and stick to monetizing cosmetics. that's sorta what overwatch will be doing, full price game with all future heroes/maps being free and then loot box microtransactions for cosmetic stuff

idk why I post in those threads

Then what do we spend our gold on other than master skins and a handful of mounts.

Milly79

I read like 5-6 posts and already saw the trifecta.

Ded gaem, low twitch viewership, heroes aren't all free/available in a pack. Didn't take long.

You and I should be pretty accustomed to this after having played SWTOR. I don't recall any other times seeing a thread shit on HoTS, but I don't frequent the gaming side at all. I wonder if they ever go ham on us in the LoL or DoTA threads.

Alur

Gaming is good for a HOTS thread every few months it seems. Same gist, just different OP.

And yeah, it somehow gets the same rap as SWTOR despite getting actual content and being decently successful in a crowded market.

You and I should be pretty accustomed to this after having played SWTOR. I don't recall any other times seeing a thread shit on HoTS, but I don't frequent the gaming side at all. I wonder if they ever go ham on us in the LoL or DoTA threads.

I hate Swtor for irredeemably deleting my characters and all my stuff including unlocking sith for the good side. I god damned payed the sub to play the least they could have done is not override them 3 times until they literally can't restore them. Also had no group finder when I played which was dumb.

Syf

Banned
feels like it's been a while since I last saw kotor 3 whining

wait, the "gaming's biggest missteps" thread. should've known

The only people in LoL or DotA threads with nothing better to do are the few who show up in HotS threads to shit on it. Communities on GAF are generally the best threads really, and at the same fairly insular, so there's not a whole lot of shitposting about other games because who cares.

Gaming on the other hand is redeemed only by basically E3, speculation, retrospective, sales, and OT threads, and the rest of the time it's 14000 filler threads about "You're now fucking the last character you met in a bathroom in the last game you played" or "Will VR be a fad" or "Do you REALLY think Naughty Dog is that good?" or "I'm throwing away my PS4 because I just realized I don't like Souls games so obviously there's something wrong with me"

Alur

I posted it in it. Why do I do these things? I'm still confused people think SMITE is bigger than HOTS. Or really that HOTS twitch viewership is terrible for esports. The tournaments do fine, it's the rest of the time where HOTS twitch is tumbleweeds.

Alur

I didn't even understand what you were saying and or getting at.

So it was like every other post. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA jk (but not about that post, I have no clue WTF you were talking about)

Alur

Such is life. I've yet to figure out why you can't like all 3, or why you must tear down the other two in order to justify your own game. I dig watching the pro scene of all 3 myself. LCS is awesome. The International is awesome. And we spend half this thread talking about HOTS competitive. Room for everyone!

They put my shitposting to shame.

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

Alur

Maledict in there fighting the good fight.

Tennessee bout to play in Heroes of the Dorm. It's your home team Milly. HOW FEEL YOU HMMM

EDIT: Also re: this new Overwatch advertisement...plz D.Va in my HOTS plz

Milly79

Well they have roflcopter so that's a plus. Cool dude. They won't win the tourney tho. And if I had to claim a home team it'd probably be Michigan. :p

WTF BRIAN

Alur

Haven't you lived in TN longer than up there, though?

EDIT: Too bad Heroes of the Dorm finals weren't in Vegas instead of Seattle. I'd take that free bundle and cardback.

Alur

Did anyone catch why he said he wasn't casting Dorm finals nor Korea finals? I assumed he wasn't doing Korea finals because he was doing Dorm...but then that reddit thread said he was just doing production. Who is casting the finals, then?

Milly79

Haven't you lived in TN longer than up there, though?

EDIT: Too bad Heroes of the Dorm finals weren't in Vegas instead of Seattle. I'd take that free bundle and cardback.

Been here forever, but you'll never hear me claim it as home.

And wasn't it just a chance at the back? That sucker sells for $200+

Alur

I think the card back is one of the actual giveaways according to the commercial, but you may be right. They run it pretty often, so we'll see it again and can find out.

Alur

I'm not entirely sure what they were doing either.

EDIT: Haha that hat of roflcopter. Twitch chat: "he looks like a 90s rapper"

Alur

it's just where I live probably but I'm also not really into fast food

Fast food doesn't exist where you live? Or isn't plentiful I guess? Or you still have those good ole family values and eat a home cooked meal every night just like back in the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom