• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

nah it's just like wendy's burger king mcdonalds where I'm at mainly (ny)
dairy queen + sonic you can find mostly on highways and upstate

brian!

i had a deep fried oreo once

hotdogs has a pretty good comp but they don't seem to know what to do on this map
nathan's hotdogs are pretty good we have those in ny

Milly79

I'm done with that thread. How this is a failed eSports game is beyond me when all you have to compare it to is other games in the genre that have been out for years now.

Alur

This is where Dark Blaze's good luck shine from ESL wears off and they somehow inexplicably lose and ruin your bracket.

Zackat

At least he doesn't call people nerds all the time anymore. That was pretty grating after a while. Did he get called out for that?

Alur

EDIT: LOL @ Trikslyr saying "akaface" as "AWKAFACE".

Epic eight and only 14,000 viewers? :( Why won't people give this game a chance

Can't tell if sarcasm font or srs, but 14k viewers for an amateur tournament with scant few pros and no big names is p good IMO.

Alur

How is this amateur? Its Heroes of the Dorm lol

Every player sans about 6 are unknown amateurs. The skill level, in general, is much lower. We're somewhere between chair league and actual HOTS competitive scene in this tournament. There's no investment in teams or in brands here. Most people don't even have their local school being represented. There's no storyline.

People invested in HOTS esports (as you can probably tell from this thread and the lack of any real talk about it prior to today) are by and large not interested in this tournament like they are the regional events.

Maledict

It's also worth pointing out that EU is hots largest market / player base, and we don't give a flying shit about NA college teams. I don't even know where half these places are. I can only imagine it's even worse for Korean and Chinese fans.

Alur

ASU said they were lagging during Maw and during Reign in game 2 which was why they kept losing those team fights.

Milly79

Bracket update:

Dropped to 476 esrlier. Thought I picked TN, but picked #1 Waterloo instead. After ASUs win, I'm up to 950 points and #299. The dream is alive. 75% isn't too bad for the heroic 4.

#alwayspickthetopseed
#kindof

Maledict

You mean to tell me you have no idea where these teams are from yet I know every place in Europe? Fuck man!

Heh, I don't know most places in the UK nevermind Europe. Still can't remember if Kent is north or south of London.

Just seems odd that people would expect a big turnout for Heroes of the Dorm, pre-finals, given its a limited, one region only target market - and not even that interesting to that market apparently. God knows why Blizzard put so much effort behind it compared to regionals.

(Although is it me and have they put a lot less effort behind it this year compared to last? Doesn't feel anywhere near as big).

Milly79

Heh, I don't know most places in the UK nevermind Europe. Still can't remember if Kent is north or south of London.

Just seems odd that people would expect a big turnout for Heroes of the Dorm, pre-finals, given its a limited, one region only target market - and not even that interesting to that market apparently. God knows why Blizzard put so much effort behind it compared to regionals.

(Although is it me and have they put a lot less effort behind it this year compared to last? Doesn't feel anywhere near as big).

I'm just messing with you. Had to assert my typical American ignorance.

Alur

I think its better, more invested. They spent a month ahead of time just researching teams and stats and stuff. The production is even better, etc. I can't even remember last year's tournament before the final bits on ESPN.

I was thinking man how nice would it be if the regionals got this LCS level treatment. IMO it's been the qualifiers for NA and EU that have gone way down in "must watch" and even production quality compared to 2015.

Ketch

Nice, +1

edit: when you get two teams that are pretty even and nobody's a fuckin moron on either side the game is really damn fun.

sobaka770

Banned
Can't stop posting in that gaming thread, so much disinformation, ugh.

Anyway, does anyone use the Neogaf channel in Europe? Used to be a thing a few months ago, now just deserted.

Indignate

That thread is pretty good. I like recognizing people from all the different Moba threads. It's like putting different street gangs into the same room.

I can't win with Li-Ming. I'm like 1-10

I swear it's my team throwing and not me.

Edit: Shit my winrate with the mages are all below 50%. Maybe it is me.

EDIT: Nah I remembered it's usually my team. They're just always throwing.

brian!

That thread is pretty good. I like recognizing people from all the different Moba threads. It's like putting different street gangs into the same room.

I can't win with Li-Ming. I'm like 1-10

I swear it's my team throwing and not me.

Edit: Shit my winrate with the mages are all below 50%. Maybe it is me.

EDIT: Nah I remembered it's usually my team. They're just always throwing.

Pretty into this post

Enjoying the anub rank 1 reddit thing but wtf epicenter

Alur

So ready for this patch to hit. This week of PTR has felt like a month. Very hard to play live servers knowing how much better things will be tomorrow (for me at least).

Maledict

So ready for this patch to hit. This week of PTR has felt like a month. Very hard to play live servers knowing how much better things will be tomorrow (for me at least).

I've just been burning through quests in beginner AI mode, in 4 minute games on live. Otherwise am spending all my time playing ARAM on the test server. I've played like 60 games since the server went live...

Alur

No doubt. Sounds like you went down the same path we all did. I made it most of a month before I never really wanted to play it again.

Maledict

Hehe, no doubt. Although I would say it sounds like the community on the PTR is much larger than when you guys were playing, and the dedicated map makes it a lot easier.

I just wish it was a proper, queable mode. If only so I didn't have to avoid making games because I'm utterly dreadful as a tank.

Alur

When we started the community was huge. There were new people every day, basically every game. That was also when it was a big topic on reddit, though. Several games going on at once at all times. It was the longer it went on that people dropped out due to burnout or the skill gap. Now in the evenings there's like 2 games running at once, maybe, and it's a lot of the same faces so that each game has like 3-4 new people rotated in each game instead of basically everyone.

That's one of the issues with the mode. If you're like Diamond level or higher it's easy pickings in a lot of those games which is fun for a while but there's only so many times you can stomp noobs or get screwed by the random RNG before it gets old.

Maledict

I don't think EU ever really had a big ARAM scene like NA.

ONe of the things I'm enjoying about it is that it makes you re-evaluate talents and heroes - my medic builds are wildly different to anything on normal servers. Similarly, heroes work out differently - I thought Murky would be amazing in ARAM, but so far he's been utterly and completely worthless in every game I've played. Didn't figure that without split pushing, and having to run into a gauntlet of 5 players all the time, would vastly reduce his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom