• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) He doesn't have her ability to siege up from level 1

3) HE can't do the ridiculous "Land and orb, missiles and disintegrate and instantly one shot a backline carry" that just *feels* offensive when it happens to you.

I sure love doing that but I'm not too impressed with Li Ming's siege damage anymore. I usually don't go out of my way to siege like I used to and look more to secure kills with her. I played so much Li Ming that I don't feel too threatened by the character but I'm also playing in scrub league where most often she won't be played to her full potential.

Forgot to add that he's one of the best solo laners.

Agreed on Xul he's boring to play for me. Lategame it seems to be all about landing a good poison nova. His CC seems comparable to Uther's stun so I think it's fair game personally.

scoobs

As powerful as Xul is, I do find myself agreeing with Zoia - I find his kit very dull to play, and don't think he's that inspired a hero. At some point they are going to have to address the fact he has one of the most powerful CCs in the game, that can be talented to also give vulnerability, and it doesn't have any skill shot aspect to it at all. Point and click on an ability that powerful is out of sync with what we normally get.

No, you no touchy my Bone Prison. If I keep telling myself he is not OP, blizzard will surely listen and never nerf it.

And I completely disagree on his fun-level. I have a blast playing him, love his kit

Maledict

Oh it'd absolutely a personal thing - I know lots of people who love him. He just isn't for me.

And re bone prison, it's the fact it can be talented for vulnerability and lasts for 2 seconds that's my issue. It means that once you hit 16, unless you are Johanna or Muradin you can guarantee a kill on practically any hero with it, particulary a front line tank. It just seems slightly out of sync with the rest of the CC package in the game, particulary after the last few rounds of nerfs to CC.

(Also it's got a slightly longer range than Uther's stun I think?).

brian!

I think kael's a lot better now but a lot of the strong heroes right now eat his lunch, he's def pickable tho. I dont really like his auto build, but if you have good peel iunno go for it

Id say hes particularly good on 4-1 mapz

Milly79

I mean I get being upset for not getting picked, or not getting picked often either. It's becoming more clear to me that having a secondary income is the only way to go in this industry (not saying these guys that have/are leaving don't have another).

Except if you're Gilly, because you'll always be picked.

scoobs

Gilly is terrible. I know they want to have a strong female presence at the events too, but shes just not very good at casting. Give me Khaldor, Grubby, Jake, Dread and I'm good. These four actually understand the game at a pro level and don't stutter over their words and spout useless stuff during matches

Played a few games last night after a long hiatus. Played with GReymorne and he was pretty fun. I like his ult go for the throat and the cooldown reset if you kill a hero with it. pouncing on all heros hehe..

granted i only played vs ai, it was fun.

brian!

I think shes way better than the na choices that were left (zoia jake). I like that zoia is keen to point out good things that zuna is doing but holy shit he's annoying plus gilly points it out too, jake most likely would be like dont feeeed zuna ohhh noooooo

Also quick analogy between khaldor and jake
Bloodlust is picked:
Khaldor puts up some baity youtube about some bullshit must see bloodlust pick
Jake just makes a gross ass noise

Ketch

Lol.

But jake makes gross ass noises 75% of the time anyway.

Also bone prison is not as good as either hoj or overpower or poly morph.

Best non heroic CC in the game go!

My vote: HoJ. Especially after you get rewind, then it's just GG.

I think uther is underrated and will return to top support once people start abusing divine storm and double hoj. It's so broken.

Edit: that Reddit thread on casting is pretty decent except for the OP. A lot of commenters hitting the nail on the head, pointing out how rediculous the word vomit is.

Alavard

Played a few games last night after a long hiatus. Played with GReymorne and he was pretty fun. I like his ult go for the throat and the cooldown reset if you kill a hero with it. pouncing on all heros hehe..

granted i only played vs ai, it was fun.

I actually find Greymane to be a little harder versus the AI than a lot of other heroes. Granted, it's still just the dumb AI, but they tend to be over cautious and passive when they have low health, giving Greymane few openings to unload on them.

But anyway, yeah, I think most of us here enjoy him.

Syf

Banned
Gilly is terrible. I know they want to have a strong female presence at the events too, but shes just not very good at casting. Give me Khaldor, Grubby, Jake, Dread and I'm good. These four actually understand the game at a pro level and don't stutter over their words and spout useless stuff during matches
you're a good man scoobs

Ketch

I don't mind gilly as much as jake, but the sad truth is that they all pretty much suck.

My favorites for sure are grubby..... And that's about it. I wanted to like dread, he knows his shit, but just like everybody else at the desk he just feels the need to fill every second of air time with words. Like the commentary actually makes it harder to watch the game 99% of the time because they just never shut up.

Alur

this re-work of Kael'Thas doesn't look like it's going to change anything..

I wasn't impressed on the PTR myself, but all of the pros I've heard seem to think KT is back in a big way once this patch hits.

but just like everybody else at the desk he just feels the need to fill every second of air time with words. Like the commentary actually makes it harder to watch the game 99% of the time because they just never shut up.

I really don't get it when I see you and kirb or reddit folks say this. Possibly this is because I never watched esports before HOTS, really, but then again in traditional sports there are air gaps. I do watch plenty of LCS since last year and I feel like they do talk a little less than HOTS casters, but the game also unfolds at a much, much slower pace. Literally nothing happens for 5-6 minute stretches at times until the mid game hits or they set up a gank in a lane.

I really don't notice the constant talking or possibly more aptly am not bothered by it. I'm not saying it's not there, I just don't understand the vocal minority who are so into pointing it out. Though, in general, I view most complaints about casting like you do most QQing/saltiness in game = it's just a game, why so srs, etc etc.

Always seems to me like the complaints about casting endlessly circle each other, much they do in that one huge reddit thread. "They blabber on and are too unprofessional" to "the ESPNification I can't stand it lighten up dis is esports" and back again in a never-ending circle.

Alur

Cheers, love!

H6V4Xtz.jpg

In the wild even. Looks like her ult, blink, and rewind respectively.

Alur

I'm excited to play her. Even more excited to see who else they bring over. In theory we could see a few Overwatch heroes in a row as the game goes into Open Beta/soft launch in a little over a month.

If I had to make my own Overwatch tier list of who would be the most unique ("S" tier) moving all the way down to the most similar to what we already have for Blizzard to go off of when implementing new heroes (ie: they would develop S tier first, then move down the line):

S Tier

Tracer (obvious, totally unique compared to anything else we have)
Winston (leap, like a "4" range with his electrocute, dropping the shield to help your team would be bonkers)
Mei (ice wall, brehs. So good. And freezing people, dat reverse ice block)
Junkrat (traps, plus positioning tricks with the concussion blast, plus a different kind of ranged weapon)
Symmetra (turrets on a support + shields only + a teleporter...dunno how they implement the teleporting, but it'd be neat to see)

A Tier

Hanzo (ranged bow hero like others but should have the highest range along with Raynor, etc, not sure how they would tackle his wall-climbing mobility, ult would look great in HOTS)
D.Va (really only has two skills, the ult/use of the mech would make this either super fun or super terrible)
Zarya (has Gazlowe's ult, but the ability to put a small shield on yourself and others coupled with the laser + concussion blast would make her pretty unique. Ranged tank, more or less.)
Genji (plays very much like Zeratul, except no stealth and can redirect damage + has solid range)
Lucio (similar healing to Kharazim, just without the stacking, and he's ranged and can provide speed boost)

Fun Tier

Pharah (kind of like Tychus' Odin the hero, but can fly)
Zenyatta (heals just like Morales, but can also boost damage and does very good ranged damage which would be fun)
McCree (Raylan Givens from Justified)

Too-similar Tier

Widowmaker (Nova)
Torbjorn (Gazlowe)
Roadhog (Stitches)
Bastion (not quite a 1-for-1, but Sgt. Hammer)
Soldier 76 (any number of heroes, but as Milly79 says, Raynor most appropriate)
Reaper (Valla)
Mercy (Lt. Morales)

Alur

I bet her HP pool is gonna make Lunara's look like Azmodan. That's a bit of an exaggeration, but I bet it's tiny.

Also, what gives. It's only 62 degrees and it's overcast today in AZ. Da fuq weather. Gimme back my sunshine and 85. I almost had to wear pants.

emptyroom

Neo Member
Noob alert. Wanted to pop in and say hi. Been having a lot of fun playing this lately. Been finding success with Diablo, Raynor and Muradin. I guess my play style goes well with tank characters.

Been really impressed with how friendly the community is. Had a match last night where one guy was taking the time to explain everything and direct us through the match. We won. :)

A far cry from that time I was yelled at to uninstall dota 2 haha.

I actually find Greymane to be a little harder versus the AI than a lot of other heroes. Granted, it's still just the dumb AI, but they tend to be over cautious and passive when they have low health, giving Greymane few openings to unload on them.

But anyway, yeah, I think most of us here enjoy him.

I also like his morphing technique, engage from the bushes and then when it gets hairy, just roll outta there! LOL

Alavard

Noob alert. Wanted to pop in and say hi. Been having a lot of fun playing this lately. Been finding success with Diablo, Raynor and Muradin. I guess my play style goes well with tank characters.

Been really impressed with how friendly the community is. Had a match last night where one guy was taking the time to explain everything and direct us through the match. We won. :)

A far cry from that time I was yelled at to uninstall dota 2 haha.

Welcome!

Mmm that Garden of Terror change, not sure if I like it

It sounded a bit weird to me too when I first read about it on the PTR patch, but I think it makes sense. Like the dev notes say, the old way was about running around and planting the W and running away, and it was an unfun chase. Now, it encourages the team to push alongside the Garden Terror.

So can Blizzard channeling Dreamworks channeling Gadget from Rescue Rangers save HotS? Only time will tell

Yeah w/ terror i wish they didnt remove the building dmg entirely and didnt nerf the auto dmg

IMO it just means Garden is now more like Dragon Shire, which is literally the only way they could have made Garden worse

brian!

I think nerfing building dmg and taking away w hurting minions would have been pretty good, leaving lane rotations as a good option but not a must do early on

I don't like anything about Garden, so anything with the potential to make it last an extra 5-10 minutes is a shit change for me

I would have preferred a change to a 2-lane map or a complete overhaul of the objective, but then again I'm the only person on earth apparently who thought Mines was a better map than Garden, so I'm automatically disqualified from this sort of discussion

Cerato

Neo Member
If you're good with Jaina, you'll still be good with Jaina. It seems hard to understand what she offers over Li Ming though, who also has insane burst, but can blink away. At least Jaina won't be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom