• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

damnit.

From the patch notes:
We’ve removed Bolt of the Storm from Jaina because it overcame a core weakness of hers that we think is essential to maintain: her lack of mobility.

Somebody tell me, what is Li Ming's core weakness?

Celegus

If you're good with Jaina, you'll still be good with Jaina. It seems hard to understand what she offers over Li Ming though, who also has insane burst, but can blink away. At least Jaina won't be banned.
That's probably her biggest advantage right now... She won't be banned every game.

Few more hours of work until Tychus-Time!

Alur

I don't like anything about Garden, so anything with the potential to make it last an extra 5-10 minutes is a shit change for me

Odds are it won't extend anything. If it does it'll be like 30 secs to 1 min on average, not something ridiculous. Even at its worst it was only 1 min longer than the other maps.

Based on watching it on PTR and playing it several times, though, it didn't extend it at all. People just don't kill every single fort like they used to with the W, making it more like the other maps. You just pile down one lane now behind the objective.

Somebody tell me, what is Li Ming's core weakness?

Bad skins, scary face. They tried to make it detailed but in the portraits and stuff it just looks strange.

Ketch

I hope that wasn't our scoobs I just played with that went 8 deaths tychus into 3 ranged heroes and then blames the game on me.

I hope that wasn't our scoobs I just played with that went 8 deaths tychus into 3 ranged heroes and then blames the game on me.

d68.gif

Wait, there is now an actual purposed ARAM map in the game?

Bruh it has been on the live servers for at least like 30 minutes. You're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo behind the times. :( :( :(

Dezzy

So I got Cho'gall for free, somehow.

My wife and I played a bunch of games with both Cho and Gall and got them to level 5 together while they were F2P, and today I noticed that we now own them, but we never actually bought them. Did this happen for anyone else? Not complaining of course! Just curious. :)

Ronabo

The theme that plays when you boot up the game now sounds like some WWE Ministry era shit. Pretty rad. I'm sure it's from Star Craft, but I've never played those.

Alur

The theme that plays when you boot up the game now sounds like some WWE Ministry era shit. Pretty rad. I'm sure it's from Star Craft, but I've never played those.

Wow, lol, dat Gangrel callback.

I've not been able to log in yet, but I see a lot of Li-Ming, Xul, and some Illidan and Rehgar bans on streams.

scoobs

Haha nah, my names not scoobs on battle.net. I don't talk shit on my team, i rarely type at all other than to say gj or something

The illidonger is insane now guys. We were not prepared.

Syf

Banned
Bought that mech dehaka. Can't deny those mech skins

So is there a good tier list somewhere? Didn't play ptr at all, dunno where the meta is at

Alur

Most of the tier list makers are still on the old patch waiting for Spring Worlds this weekend.

From what I heard on the shows, they seem to think KT will be back and Sylv will also see play. Illidan seems to be back as well but no one is really certain cause there were no healers on PTR to try him with.

Dehaka is probably gonna be p good but I dunno about for our level of play. He's gonna require some coordination. He's the Brightwing of tanks, so we'll see how that goes.

Dehaka's hook and drag doesn't seem to have an obvious anticipation animation, is it another proximity click skill like Xul's root?

Also his burrow to grass ability as an initiation tool is kind of undercut by the sound it generates when he arrives.

sadblob

So I got Cho'gall for free, somehow.

My wife and I played a bunch of games with both Cho and Gall and got them to level 5 together while they were F2P, and today I noticed that we now own them, but we never actually bought them. Did this happen for anyone else? Not complaining of course! Just curious. :)
When they came out the only way to get them (apart from the initial people, who got them at some event (BlizzCon?) or something) was playing one of them with someone who already had it, after some games they were unlocked.
I don't know if you can buy them now, but if you can't, this seems the most likely explanation.

Alur

Dehaka hook is very dodgeable. Dunk, bkb, and bigempct were all talking on THH about how small and delayed both his Q and his R (the silence one) is and how hard it was to get used to.

Milly79

You got them for free for attending or buying the digital ticket.

There was a chance of getting them for free (no ticket or attendance). Just had to be lucky.

You could get them from playing with someone that had them.

And now you can buy them.

scoobs

Update: every single game ive played Illidan has had muradin, xul, and a li ming to instantly kill me. Not having as much fun now.

Alavard

Only had time for one QM, but I went Diablo hoping to team up with a Dehaka. Instead I ended up being the only warrior on our team against a Dehaka. Hard to tell after only one game, but I felt like as Diablo I could completely keep Dehaka in check. Him being able to grab my team was irrelevant when I could just go in and throw him around.

I need another warrior not named Johanna but I feel like this won't be it

I'm curious how annoying he might be to an Abathur, but I'm thinking the solution is just be out in the open instead, and if there's a stealth, you were gonna die anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom