• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who really hates playing with Nova? Let's be honest.

Someone doesn't find her particularly alluring, I don't see how with that booty...

UxUcMwg.jpg

Alur

It took much BM to get you to that point. I stand by that BM and all BMers who detest Nova. We will make HOTS great again!

Milly79

It's just because she was actually bad when you BM'd. She's was viable before snipe master got all those buffs, too. And she's pretty viable now.

Wondering how that all free weekend is gonna be. At least the diversity should be good.

Syf

Banned
I should probably play hl again I'm just so scared, what if the people are mean to me?

Syfadious speaks the word of the Blizzgods.
if you had just said 'whispers' and instead of 'speaks' I would have taken that as an avatar reference and appreciated this so much

Alur

Think it's ESL's schedule people who were hired by Blizzard.

ESL keeps holding them L's. Name changed to just L.

Alur

You're claiming Tempo is irrelevant when they dominated the whole last year until the final 2 events. C9 have lost 3 of 4 events they've competed it in this year. Seems like the same logic.

Alur

A tournament they won despite not practicing. Which has led them to their current predicament. Something something pride goeth before something something.

And all three RTBC tournaments are hardly no name. They had every relevant team in this region in them.

Alur

It's the equivalent of puck luck. And apparently the rumors about MVP Black not being there being a good thing were true based on the dominance we've seen from them in every tournament they've been in, sans the one series they lost that fucked them.

I know your fanboi is stronk, but you can't lament how shitty they prepare and behave one minute and then dismiss any other complaint against them the next.

They are, for all intents and purposes, irrelevant as is the whole of NA and EU compared to the 4 teams we saw from China and Korea until further notice. C9 and Dig have the closest claims to being competitive with those teams, but that's an uphill climb and apparently C9 doesn't like to work.

I know Triple Tap is dumpster tier (walls op) but man, you've gotta be patient when using Precision Strike with randoms. So many movement displacement abilities knock/pull/blast people out of the AoE.

Milly79

C9 won Blizzcon. Calling them irrelevant is hilarious no matter how hard they prepared. MVP Black lost when it mattered. As did Tempo.

Them not practicing is a shit, I agree.

Alur

So you think if they continue as is, with Tempo being irrelevant as you say, and Naventic dismissed by you as well, that they are somehow going to remain relevant with no high tier scrim partners and beat them next time?

That is assuming they even try to practice.

Milly79

I literally just said them not practicing hard sucks.

I've literally said their methods have to change, period.

Where have I ever said they can continue to skirt by as is to beat anyone?

They won Blizzcon with no practice, cool. Obviously isn't gonna work this time and they've seen it. Hopefully it was an eye opener, and judging by their twitter's it was.

What, Triple Tap? Yeah, that's another reason why it's terrible. Buildings, body blocks and a support with a heal half-paying attention are its undoing.

Edit: went and checked my purchased history because I couldn't remember which version of Overwatch I pre-ordered...

Overwatch™: Origins Edition (Digital Purchase)

Free Tracer! I am tempted to buy that mount and skin though. That mount is like a consolation prize for those of us unwilling to farm and too forever-HotS-alone to get a Vulture.

kinda sucks you not only have to preorder the $60 version but console preorders dont qualify either. i get that it would be strange getting a bonus for a game on a different platform but it wouldve sold me on preordering something which i never do for software.

Blame people being shitty and gaming LoV pre-orders to get Artanis. Console owners get a code for Tracer when they pick their copy up at release.

kinda sucks you not only have to preorder the $60 version but console preorders dont qualify either. i get that it would be strange getting a bonus for a game on a different platform but it wouldve sold me on preordering something which i never do for software.

well...if you think about it...you're technically paying for tracer

$20.00 for tracer, hearthstone card back, noire skin, some overwatch skins, and the wow pet, oh and starcraft portrait. So basically, 10 bucks for tracer, and 10 buicks for cosmetic stuff

Zackat

Yeah. It sucks but I know a lot of people were taking advantage

That's why they haven't buffed Artanis much at all isn't it? Payback for people's foul deeds.

I am just really torn now because Blizzard actually makes good CE's and I was considering getting it. I guess it is just a few weeks with no Tracer so whatever.

Mechazawa

well...if you think about it...you're technically paying for tracer

$20.00 for tracer, hearthstone card back, noire skin, some overwatch skins, and the wow pet, oh and starcraft portrait. So basically, 10 bucks for tracer, and 10 buicks for cosmetic stuff

Worth noting that if you pick up the Origins edition from Best Buy, you get free $10 credit.

It's kinda like getting free Tracer.

Kinda.

Ketch

ok so I know this has been done to death, but i'm gonna try to summarize and tell me if I get it right:

If you pre-order the $60 delux version of overwatch you get tracer, just the hero, on what day though?

If you want the spectre skin and mount for tracer it's probably another $15ish once tracer is released for realsies (whens that gonna be?)

So, if you want everything, you can pre-order for 60 to get tracer early, and then probably pay another $15ish once tracer comes to get the mount and skin too.... or you can pay $40 for overwatch, wait till tracer is released for realsies and then buy the hero for 10, or the bundle for probably like 20.

So $75ish for over watch and early access to tracer plus the skin and mount, or $60ish for overwatch and tracer bundle, but you have to wait until her actual release in HotS... which is probably like a 2 week wait?

So if you want the skin and mount then early access to tracer costs $15ish, if you don't want the skin and mount then early access to tracer costs $10ish?

How much early access time is it?

Alur

Tracer is available for preorders for a week. Then the next Tuesday she's available to purchase for everyone.

Worth noting the preorder comes with more than just Tracer, including stuff for other games and several skins in Overwatch. How much that's worth to you is your own call though.

I preordered when it was announced at Blizzcon thinking it'd allow us into beta...like 5-6 months later, that account is still not in beta lol. But now I get Tracer a week early so yay I guess.

Ketch

ok. So you only get her a week early.

I don't think it's worth it if you're only interested in the delux overwatch for tracer.

I'll have to check out the overwatch skins you get... and maybe decide based on that.

edit: here's the link to the delux version video shows all the stuff: https://youtu.be/aXUkAQyzb6g

not really convinced on those overwatch skins, but those diablo wings are pretty hot.

Pre-ordering the Origins Edition for Overwatch is only worthwhile if you're invested in more than just Heroes of the Storm.

1. Tracer for HotS
2. Baby Winston WoW pet
3. Overwatch card back for Hearthstone
4. Mercy Wings for Diablo 3
5. SCII portraits
6. 5 skins for Overwatch.

If you only play HotS, you may as well just wait and buy the Tracer bundle and buy the regular version of Overwatch when it comes out.

are we really gonna sit here and act like baby winston isn't the #1 reason to get origins

I'm not gonna lie, this and Murkidan got pre-orders out of me.

Alur

If you only play HotS, you may as well just wait and buy the Tracer bundle and buy the regular version of Overwatch when it comes out.

Pretty much.

I'm not gonna lie, this and Murkidan got pre-orders out of me.

I want Murkidan skin in game.

They could make it the next legendary skin and release it with Legion. Octograb could become The Hunt themed, the bubble becomes the faded evasion type look etc

"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED" before an Octo-Grab but in MRGL. He could even have a giant floppy poorly made foam Galive of Azinoth to smack people with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom