• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I'm all in on Falstad. Probably just in time for Blizzard to nerf the shit out of him after that tournament.

Maledict

I've been playing him a ton last patch and this patch. dude is all around solid. I'm worried he is going to get a nerf.

We now his Gust's cooldown is getting nerfed. As someone who love Falstad hugely (second highest played hero after Kael), it does absolutely need a longer cooldown. 40 seconds is ridiculous.

brian!

What are ppls thoughts on what the cd should be? Im cool w/ 60s but i know some ppl think it should be longer which i understand

Maledict

It's hard to say. My gut says 60 for the moment, but in reality it may end up being longer. It's mostly used nowadays not to set up kills but to counter enemy team ultimates, which means it shouldn't be up everytime you engage.

Alur

I bet it'll be 70-80. And it's still be pretty dece. Not sure 60 secs matters if that's the change. How often do teams fight more than once a minute w/ death timers and travel time and all?

Milly79

I don't see how 70 is long. It's by far the easiest engage/disengage tool in the game. The length and width of it is quite long.

i think that ability having the lower cooldown just makes it worth picking over lightning.

lightning is huge in team fights. but having a non damaging ability with a smaller cooldown is a nice trade off imo.

40 sec is way to short, yea. but 70-80 takes away some of its utility imo. meaning, it would ONLY be saved for team fights...pigeon holing how you decide to use it.

with it at 60 you would still use it in different situations, hoping it will be up for team fight...and based on the situation, it may or may not be. gives it more variance.

just my opinion of course.

sadblob

Tracer's E is insane
EDIT: and the level 20 talent for it is ridiculous, for reference that's basically a Dota ultimate

brian!

All of that makes sense to me
I think nerf to 60 plus buff to lightning makes sense, like since blizz is all about pick stats itd make sense to make the decision come down to dmg vs. utility

Alavard

Full Tracer abilities and talents: http://www.rgj.com/story/life/2016/...abilities-heroes-storm-technobubble/82617200/

Of special note, her base recall ability does *not* restore her health to where it was, only her position (and refills ammo, cleanses her, and grants her a second of invulnerability)

Recall [E]: Returns player to the position they were 3 seconds ago. Also refills Ammo and cleanses negative status effects. Comes with 1 second of invulnerability while it casts. 24 second cooldown.

She does have a level 20 talent to heal her for all damage received during that time-frame though.

brian!

Dam reno gazette w/ the scoop again
24s cd for a basic skill seems lame but im assuming cdr's gonna be a thing w/ her
Oh there arent really many options for it

So i decided to just go random to better my skills at heroes i might not normally select....3 games in a Row....Three terrible comps in a row...and 3 fucking abathurs in a row. (like I said, I hate getting him on my team consecutively.)

SO.....

Game 1: Sky Temple

Enemy team - Gazlowe, Li Ming, Tychus, Lunara, Thrall
My Team - Abathaaaaaar, Lunara, Tychus, Gazlowe, Jaina (i got jaina as my random)
Abathur left the game mid way through (even though surprisingly it was even) and from there it just went downhill. Abathur bot literally seems like he is afk for real.

Game 2: Spider Queen

Enemy team - Gazlowe, Li Ming, Brightwing, Tassadar, Zagara
Myteam - Abathaaaaaaar, Tychus, Li Ming, Valla, Rehgar (I got Rehgar as my random)

Surprisingly, while we easily got dominated early, they started making mental errors and this game lasted about 30 minutes and we had a glimmer of a chance, but then abathur got found and killed and they did a huge push with spiders we just couldnt stop at like level 28 or something.

Game 3: Garden of terror

Enemy team - Abathur, Greymane, Butcher, Illidan, Sylvanas
My team - Abathaaaaaaaar, Li Ming, Lunara, Sylvanas, Raynor (i randomed Raynor)

Suffice to say, after about 3 minutes there were 10 deaths on our side, 3 on theres. and our deaths only racked up more.

I tried my damndest on all of them....but yea....

I remember when people used to just "ggwp" on match-start when we had an Aba on our team but that doesn't really happen anymore, even when there isn't a super obvious symbiote/clone candidate. All three of those comps don't look bad, not optimal maybe, but not bad. All three had good to great hat and clone candidates.

The one thing I sort of like about Quick Match, even though it's kind of a shitshow solo queuing, is it forces you to think on your feet and work with what you've got. It's not the min-maxing of Hero League. Sometimes it looks like you've lost the match before if even starts because of hero comp or you're a bunch of solo players being matched up against 2, 3 or 4 stacks but you never know until you start playing. That 4 stack could be lethally well-coordinated or a fumbling group of self-destructing mouth-breathers.

It's rough when you're tilting and on a losing streak. My suggestion play only heroes where you feel you can make a viable difference with, only play your stronger characters, break up the losing streak with a bot match or two and learn to recognise when you should just stop playing for the night. Maybe just limit your playtime to dailies in QM and don't sweat winning or losing so much. You can only focus on your own play if you're solo queue. I know some people advocate joining the rest of your team in doing stupid shit but I kind of disagree. Ping your objection, but don't commit. Worse that happens is you get flamed when they feed but if you don't die along with them, you might be able to stem some of the damage they helped cause or do good elsewhere. Or maybe they agree with what you see is risky/greedy and back off.

Or just outright take a break. Play something else until you feel like coming back.

I remember when people used to just "ggwp" on match-start when we had an Aba on our team but that doesn't really happen anymore, even when there isn't a super obvious symbiote/clone candidate. All three of those comps don't look bad, not optimal maybe, but not bad. All three had good to great hat and clone candidates.

you're not serious about the third one are you?

there was nothing to clone, i think the game ended when we hit level 10

all 3 of those are bad primarily because its abathar and ranged against a team that is more balanced.

It's rough when you're tilting and on a losing streak. My suggestion play only heroes where you feel you can make a viable difference with, only play your stronger characters, break up the losing streak with a bot match or two and learn to recognise when you should just stop playing for the night. Maybe just limit your playtime to dailies in QM and don't sweat winning or losing so much. You can only focus on your own play if you're solo queue. I know some people advocate joining the rest of your team in doing stupid shit but I kind of disagree. Ping your objection, but don't commit. Worse that happens is you get flamed when they feed but if you don't die along with them, you might be able to stem some of the damage they helped cause or do good elsewhere. Or maybe they agree with what you see is risky/greedy and back off.

thanks for the tips, but i was just discussing abathur and comps and the crazy matchmaking, which is the only reason I brought that up. being that we were talking about abathur at the time. Im fairly experienced and know when I need to take a break, etc. For instance i had to stop playing the game yesterday completely and not touch it again. and I understand the concept of pinging objectives and working with others. etc

but yea, I wasn't really complaining about losing in that post, or that wasn't the purpose.

seems like these heroics they put around the 40s cooldown time eventually get nerfed. its just too short for anything considered as a "normal" heroic.

Yeah what the fuck is with Reno Gazette with the constant Blizzard scoops

Not going to contribute to Abathur discussion, I haven't really played in 2 weeks and there's nothing I could say I haven't a thousand times already

Alur

seems like these heroics they put around the 40s cooldown time eventually get nerfed. its just too short for anything considered as a "normal" heroic.

Bingo. Seems like every time they try it gets exploited eventually.

my new thing is going into a aram. and not picking random when i jump back in the actual game lol.

Yeah ARAM is a nice respite from QM. I do second Murky lyfe though. Even when everyone sucks you can be an annoyingly persistent bastard like Milly in the video game.

you're not serious about the third one are you?

there was nothing to clone, i think the game ended when we hit level 10

all 3 of those are bad primarily because its abathar and ranged against a team that is more balanced.

Enemy team - Gazlowe, Li Ming, Tychus, Lunara, Thrall
My Team - Abathaaaaaar, Lunara, Tychus, Gazlowe, Jaina

Tychus, Lunara, Jaina are great clone candidates. Jaina clone in particular because you have to worry less about her safety (almost like she's Li-Ming) and get in for maximum combo damage and compound the damage of a successful ring of frost. Lunara would be good to just compound the amount of DoT being applied to the enemy team. Tychus' reworked trait is pretty strong. You would just have to try and bully with the clone without feeding it to buy your assassins time and space to work.

Lunara and Tychus are good hat candidates.

Game 2: Spider Queen

Enemy team - Gazlowe, Li Ming, Brightwing, Tassadar, Zagara
Myteam - Abathaaaaaaar, Tychus, Li Ming, Valla, Rehgar (I got Rehgar as my random)

Li-Ming clone would be fucking sick. Valla clone would be great, Tychus clone would be good.

Valla is a fantastic hat candidate, even moreso if she builds for right-click, Tychus a good one. Reghar is a good candiate to hat as well, you can help him stay in the thick of a melee scrum and add to his push/sustain and help him with chasing and taking down fleeing heroes.

Game 3: Garden of terror

Enemy team - Abathur, Greymane, Butcher, Illidan, Sylvanas
My team - Abathaaaaaaaar, Li Ming, Lunara, Sylvanas, Raynor (i randomed Raynor)

Again, two Li-Ming's, two Arcane Orbs wrecking shit, fantastic clone candidate. Lunara's range and DoT, Raynor is a pretty good clone as well.

Raynor is a great target to symbiote boost the right-click for if you built for right-click damage.

oh boy! theory craft! its fun because its Utopian-like but not reality!

Tychus, Lunara, Jaina are great clone candidates. Jaina clone in particular because you have to worry less about her safety (almost like she's Li-Ming) and get in for maximum combo damage and compound the damage of a successful ring of frost. Lunara would be good to just compound the amount of DoT being applied to the enemy team. Tychus' reworked trait is pretty strong. You would just have to try and bully with the clone without feeding it to buy your assassins time and space to work.

Lunara and Tychus are good hat candidates.

Thrall raped us while gazlowe had turrets up at objectives to keep our squishy asses out with no one able to take the brunt of it and push in.

With that said, you must have missed the part where I said abathur left the game half way through when we were still even. Have you ever played with a abathur bot? its like hes afk.

Li-Ming clone would be fucking sick. Valla clone would be great, Tychus clone would be good.

Valla is a fantastic hat candidate, even moreso if she builds for right-click, Tychus a good one. Reghar is a good candiate to hat as well, you can help him stay in the thick of a melee scrum and add to his push/sustain and help him with chasing and taking down fleeing heroes.

I kinda said we actually were in this game, and pushed it to the wire, but at around level 28, tass + bw healing was to much to overcome with our poke and no melee to push thru while their damage was almost as stronk.

Again, two Li-Ming's, two Arcane Orbs wrecking shit, fantastic clone candidate. Lunara's range and DoT, Raynor is a pretty good clone as well.

Raynor is a great target to symbiote boost the right-click for if you built for right-click damage.

Yea, im sure it would be nice if both teams were on sure footing...however, the game literally ended when my team was level 11-12 and their team was like level 16-17

they pretty much had a 3 level lead starting at level 5.

Maybe if we started the game at level 10, you'd have a point.

Look man, all I'm saying is having Abathur on your team isn't necessarily a detriment and in the broad picture, the line ups those matches had, while not optimal, are not that terrible either. How they turned out sounds pretty shit.

Look man, all I'm saying is having Abathur on your team isn't necessarily a detriment and in the broad picture, the line ups those matches had, while not optimal, are not that terrible either. How they turned out sounds pretty shit.

I disagree....the only one where it was decent was the second game.

but the first was bad, and the third was atrocious.

but I'm not even really dissing abathur, I actually defended getting him on a team. I just hate getting him 3 games in a row with a lack of balance.

and I know what you're saying, but provide the counter strat for my situations on those particular maps. Anything you come up with should = "other team is bad" except the second one. second again, was decent.

The problem with Abathur is you have to adjust your play to compensate for him being on your team. That may work in HL, but in QM that almost never happens. So people just end up playing as they normally would and over-committing to objectives, not realizing that it's a losing strategy as you're 4v5 essentially pre-10. So instead of slowly building an XP lead with cautious play, you give up a ton of kills early and give up the game.

He's arguably not a hero you should pick in QM because he forces everyone else on your team to play around him or you lose. Your teammates in QM most likely did not want to play the way that Abathur requires so it's almost like you're imposing on them. Same thing applies to Lost Vikings but no one plays them in QM.

The problem with Abathur is you have to adjust your play to compensate for him being on your team. That may work in HL, but in QM that almost never happens. So people just end up playing as they normally would and over-committing to objectives, not realizing that it's a losing strategy as you're 4v5 essentially pre-10. So instead of slowly building an XP lead with cautious play, you give up a ton of kills early and give up the game.

He's arguably not a hero you should pick in QM because he forces everyone else on your team to play around him or you lose. Your teammates in QM most likely did not want to play the way that Abathur requires so it's almost like you're imposing on them.

thats a great way of looking at it....I kinda agree

the biggest issue with the third game i stated was it was garden of terror so we couldn't just build up exp but had to get seeds....against heroes that literally counter us.

Alur

Looking at Tracer's kit it looks like she isn't going to be doing a lot of damage burst-wise, just sustain.

One of her heroic upgrades is: [R1] Quantum Spike: Pulse Bomb no longer does damage in an area, but deals additional damage to a single target equal to 15% of their Maximum Health

Only 15%, even when talented, isn't a lot for a heroic. Now perhaps she can recharge and unload these things every 20 secs Li-Ming style, but it really doesn't seem like the damage is gonna be huge either way. She had to either have low health or bad damage, and right now it looks like low damage for sure.

dang all heroes free (for the weekend) and 50% bonus xp inc

Da fuq, seriously? Damn Blizz. It's true. Syfadious speaks the word of the Blizzgods.

Alur

Soka doesn't like any of us so he comes and insults us and beats us up every now and then like Scut Farkus on A Christmas Story. I hope one day we'll find our own Ralphie Parker to take care of him.

I might have joined hotsgaf before you. if you are in hotsgaf, you should know, no one ever talks in there or is afk

I've been playing since the Alpha. I know the chat is dead AF but you can add the usual suspects from this thread to your friends list. And then you can learn to hate playing with Nova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom