• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerato

Neo Member
Wow, pwnd by alur!

But I don't think anyone cares about a referendum on my particular hl choices. I'm not special. Im new to mobas, and I represent that, as I suspect is fairly common in hots.

I suspect it's pretty common among newer folks to find a class they like and try to find a way to play that in hl, especially if the qm meta seems unfavourable.

Over time, you watch matches and learn how the meta works. You learn how to play hl the way it's meant to be played.

But even so, whether you are rank 35 or 25 or 5, you'll deal with some salty mofos. And if your lucky, you'll get lectured by alur on how to play kerrigan. Which, ironically, is probably the one thing he can't tell you anything new about.

Isaccard

10 points to 46 and just cant seem to get there

even when it seems like were gonna win, we lose some how

feels bad man

I may as well forget about trying to get to Rank 20 before Season 1 starts

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Did we still want to TL? i should be free

not many were on, but i see you on now. ill add you into this pick up group i got into when there's a spot free.

finally placed. and then won one. rank 31. yay. I dont think im fooling myself into thinking i can get up to the epic mount, but i guess ill see how the rest of the month goes. TL games are pretty intense, feel a lot different than QM/HL.

Breez just keeps on delivering

Cib35FXWgAAuSp4.jpg:large

Also OG dignitas still seem to be besties, going by Athero's stream.

Alavard

What rank are you trying to get to? You'll have bonus points for a bit now, so you basically get 200-300 points per win and only lose 100 points per loss so if you do nothing better than .500 for the next bit you'll still be able to move up. That'll last you another 20-30 games at least if not more. I can't remember TBH.

I'm just trying to get rank 20 for the elemental wolf. Had completely forgot about bonus points.

did anyone else who watched the NA qualifier think Glaurung was really good at casting ?

like apparently he's never casted before, and he was 10x better than cringenaught

Maledict

Glaurong has real personality - it's shown through whenver he's been on THH. He comes across far better than most of the pro's they have on the show, so not surprised he would do a good job casting as well.

Nothing more sweet that saving your team's ass (as a Johana) everytime they been all caught in ETC mosh pit, protecting the KT from his poor placement in teamfight and then be called a "retard,stupid and an idiot" for one little mistake and death. And we won by a large margin.

All this in HL with people from rank 1 to 5. And this just a sample from my experience.

So now i will turn off the chat even in HL. And i will carry them hard but deaf and silent.

Alur

like apparently he's never casted before, and he was 10x better than cringenaught

Yeah, he was interesting. He's too blunt to do it regularly, though, unless he wants to burn every bridge that he hasn't already IMO. He doesn't have much of a filter which is nice for us, but the players in HOTS never faced any actual criticism on stage til Dreadnaught began to do so and Glaurung took that up to 11 in just one cast.

But cringenaught, really? lol ok. What is cringe-y? He talks fast? Maybe this is a common criticism of him and I just haven't seen it.

All this in HL with people from rank 1 to 5. And this just a sample from my experience.

RIP. I don't see toxicity very often at that level, or at least nothing more than some passive aggressive stuff mostly. Part of it may be that the 2k MMR salt and stupidity is still fresh on my mind from ranking up my main account, though, so the high level stuff seems paltry in comparison. The chat really isn't all that useful, IMO. Just specific times when it comes into play, but uncoordinated games can live without it.

alright so the patch has been out for a few minutes now, i'm going to give my review of what i feel confident discussing:

Tychus will no longer appear to stand while Mounted.

seems like a good change, doesn't make sense for a character with a big gun to stand on a horse.

Adjusted the positioning of a spike at the base of Master E.T.C.’s guitar.

this spike was dealing too much damage, about time. ETC is a tank ffs, not a li ming.

The back of Ranger-General Sylvanas’ leaf earring now appears more leaf-like.

i'm not ok with this change, feels like they're trying to overshadow Lunara as leaf queen.

The armor under Judgement Uther’s left armpit has been patched to offer better protection during his adventures in the Nexus.

i don't have much to say on this one other than id like to see the thread on the official forums that caused this outrage.

brian!

Yeah in-game chatting has limited use but can be useful, sometimes you can expound on a ping, tell ppl to wait for a power spike, etc. At a certain point it's not that necesary tho, but if im tryharding im usually pretty communicative plus ppl dont tend to read my stuff as passive-aggressive so that's nice

as an aside, in comms pro players often use short kind of vague phrases like "go" to mean kind of comples things in order to reduce noise in the comms, like having a dedicated shotcaller/skirmish caller really helps in terms of efficiency for certain groups

Alur

Super huge bug going on in game where something causes chat to become unavailable mid game. Huge frame drop. Happened to me and Milly both.

brian!

sarcasm? i don't play him much and i didnt try PTR so im genuinely curious.

also would like to hear Anub impressions if anyone has seen or played him.

I played him and against him a couple of times he seems fine to me

^thats about arthas

anub is also better, iunno both are still dependent warriors which is nice

Ketch

yea I agree that arthas is fine. Like he's pretty strong, but not any more so then ETC or Muradin really. Like he needs to be able to compete with the top tier heroes because right now the best tanks are the best tanks JUST because they have good hp, stun and escape. Arthas has none of those things, so if he becomes first pick it should effect the meta dramatically. If the meta doesn't change then I think new arthas seems to be like Johanna tier, maybe slightly above.

Like I actually expect to see anubarak picked over him because of the escape and disables.

Milly79

It actually happened!? Megaton!

Kind of... If you click Chromie's glass on the main screen you'll see a bar fill next to the stimpack which eventually leads to the time. It's not in game and it resets when you come out of one. It's a start and I'm sure it'll become a thing when the Medivh patch rolls out.

Cerato

Neo Member
I've played one Arthas match, but basically, if you spec into deathcoil you can play an interesting risk/reward mechanic where if you're below like 25% health, deathcoil hits for 1K and heals you for 1K in the same shot every 7 seconds.

It's thrilling at first. But then you realize that....it has such good range you're better off just wading out of a fight when you get kinda low and poking hard and peeling backline until you're healthy again.

It reminds me a little of thrall, with the R opener, the sustain, and the unfair poke.

brian!

So I've got the gold to buy Arthas and Anub'arak. To those who have had time with them, is it worth finally picking them up?

Both are pretty fun, arthas was the first hero i played in this game (still havent bought him tho)

You can make either work on their own, but you dont really want to be diving in unless you got buddies

I think arthas is free this week? So test him out if he is

Maledict

Oh you can cleanse temporal loop didnt know that

At some point they *have* to revisit cleanse - it's a stupid situation to be in. You can't have a mandatory talent for all supports, and you shouldn't have level 7 talents completely negating multiple heroics in this way.

Ketch

At some point they *have* to revisit cleanse - it's a stupid situation to be in. You can't have a mandatory talent for all supports, and you shouldn't have level 7 talents completely negating multiple heroics in this way.

They should put cleanse on the assassins (self cast only) and make them choose between having cleanse or damage.

Maybe move it to 13 or 16. I think 20 is too late and will just be auto pick at that tier.

Ketch

He's saying make Will of the Forsaken equivalents a standard talent option for DPSers.

Without the sprint. And remove it completely from supports.

There's no downside to picking cleanse as a support. It's always the best talent to keep your teammates alive, so it always gets picked.

But for example, Make falstad have to choose between power throw and cleanse though, and it's a harder choice, but just as powerful/game winning

Skab

There was a string of heroes that only had their showcase trailers, Tracer and Chromie are the first ones in several heroes to have a "cinematic" trailer. Unless my memory is that horrible?

Ah, no, youre right. They didn't do ones for Dehaka or Xul.

Milly79

There was a string of heroes that only had their showcase trailers, Tracer and Chromie are the first ones in several heroes to have a "cinematic" trailer. Unless my memory is that horrible?

Correct. They even said they were stopping it unless it was basically a larger hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom