• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

Minion change apparently only 50% so prob no widespread meta shift. Just more value to clear before heading to trib or whatever but ppl already do that

Milly79

Eiaha.gif

brian!

50% is still relatively significant and there are still the bribe changes, catapult changes, and certain hero changes to reckon w/ so it's still a little up in the air. Realistically tho all it means is that setting up ur waves, esp. during obj stalls or other preventative things will give opponents more of a time limit in pulling the trigger on engages or giving things up

So a slight nerf to eu kappa

Alavard

Minion change apparently only 50% so prob no widespread meta shift. Just more value to clear before heading to trib or whatever but ppl already do that

It's only 50%, but apparently it's exactly what was on the PTR. Apparently, it was only a 50% bonus on the PTR, despite the PTR patch notes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofth...ns_only_50_more_vs_structures_not_100/d59fi1g

It was a mistake in the notes, no minion damage functionality has changed between PTR and today's patch.
As an example:
Old Footman Minion dealt 15 damage (30 to Structures)
New Footman Minion deals 15 damage (45 to Structures)
Sorry for the confusion!

Maledict

Rain of Destruction is actually not terrible as many are claiming. The 20 upgrade is disgusting.

Also, Murky's new hearth animation is kawaii.

https://gfycat.com/AstonishingUnlawfulAlabamamapturtle

I dunno, watching it on streams today it still seemed utterly, utterly useless. The slow is nice but you only get hit once or twice anyways, and it's a tiny duration.

I just don't see any occasion where you would pick that over Horrify.

Guldans mana costs are ridiculous

Like, for being able to spam his skills, he goes through mana fast

Maybe for the first talent, the 20 reduced mana cost might not be so bad..

Alur

He does eat mana like crazy. If you want to sustain and just constantly chuck out damage:

1) Glyph of Drain Life
4) Health Funnel
7) Hunger For Power (so long as no insane dive exists)
10) Horrify
13) Healthstone (but really almost any of these are good, HS just allows for big plays/baits)
16) Rampant Hellfire
20) Whatever

I dunno how his builds will shake out, but I did awesome with this on PTR and you never have to back. It's sort of like a Medivh all-in Q build (if such existed) but with more damage and no portals.

The new Terran-Front Line portrait is alright.

Also oh my god the talent that makes archers hit harder with Zag is so ridiculous late game. You just melt towers and heroes. If you leave a lane unchecked post 20, she can nydus easily on it and just disgustingly push. Not to mention attacks on creeps refreshing her abilities..ugh

Cerato

Neo Member
Kerrigan is sooo much better. That said, by consolidating the shield talents into two they've become even more essential, so I suspect talent tree diversity will plummet.

Whatever though, feels good to be useful at level 20.

scoobs

So.. I get 23 fps (locked) in the game when in fullscreen mode now. 240fps in windowed fullscreen. Thats a neat bug.

scoobs

Just looks like Tassadar and Uther for sure, and the middle one looks kinda like Sonya to me.

Since when does tassadar has a crazy looking tail thing coming out of him? Thats not tassadar. And i really don't think that is Sonya either. And that is probably uther, but he looks a little skinny and the hammer is smaller than usual

Alavard

Since when does tassadar has a crazy looking tail thing coming out of him? Thats not tassadar. And i really don't think that is Sonya either. And that is probably uther, but he looks a little skinny and the hammer is smaller than usual

That's not a tail. Those are Protoss nerve cords, Tassadar or not. But I do think it's him, just with a stylized angle, especially since Browder has talked about how they want to keep the silhouettes as unique as possible.

Edit, I'm now certain it's Sonya. Similar pose:

The green silhouette looks skinny, I grant you, but I think she's turned a bit to the side and partially in motion.

Alur

I want Ana, the new OW support, in HOTS like yesterday. Looks cool af and pretty fun to play as well. Skillshot heal + AOE heal + sleep. The ult is kind of like Stim Drone though so that would have to be different.

Ketch

I dunno, watching it on streams today it still seemed utterly, utterly useless. The slow is nice but you only get hit once or twice anyways, and it's a tiny duration.

dog... do you even crystal maiden?

Tp3kSm2.gif

i think ya'll need to look at concept art instead of in game models to figure out those green silhouettes.

Both of Gul'dans ults serve as an anti-initiate tool. That is, their function is to counter all-in's and initiates. Horrify's effect is better for immediately disengaging and splitting up the enemy(IE if they're Sonya and Anub, this is the one you want to get to immediately get them off your carries tails.) Rain of Destruction is better if you're behind, as the damage it does is no joke and if you're behind, they're going to be pushing up against keeps, or if they choose to fight you, then you can make them regret trying to fight in an area because they will take damage.

I've even seen it peculiarly have meteors hit in close proximity at the same time, essentially double dipping in damage, and if the enemy team is trying to move around, it'll essentially be a minefield.

Honestly, they're both situational picks. Horrify is good for immediate disengage, RoD is good as a teamfight tool that can also discourage the enemy from staying in its area.

Horrify doesn't combo with anything, it actually can fuck up other ults, whereas Rain of Destruction can wombo-combo with a few different AoE ultimates quite nicely.

scoobs

Horrify is actually designed to isolate enemy heroes and bring them into your team. Or at least that is how I use it... its an instant kill on whoever you catch.

Horrify is actually designed to isolate enemy heroes and bring them into your team. Or at least that is how I use it... its an instant kill on whoever you catch.

That's why, it splits them up. Although I wouldn't use it as an engage tool, it's better utilized as anti-engage. If you want to catch someone, have another character with a stun do it-Using an ultimate just to get a pick is never good >_> especially on Gul'Dans ults.

Maledict

Horrify doesn't combo with anything, it actually can fuck up other ults, whereas Rain of Destruction can wombo-combo with a few different AoE ultimates quite nicely.

I've cast Rain of Destruction into an AE mess and it's done a grant total of 600 damage to one person. It's that bad, I honestly just ignore it even as a ranged carry.

Re crystal maiden - crystal maidens ult guarantees the slow on everyone around her, which is a massive difference. Similarly the explosions are much, much more rapid which makes it a lot less random.

Gul'Dan can just run up to Chromie and wreck her with two Q's and Corrupt her while she's running. Insta kill.

If any hero can just run up to you as Chromie, you're doing it wrong.

Chromie's base range trumps Gul'Dan's and he frequently stops in lane and fights to syphon life off of heroes and minions, makes him an easy target often. It's like Hammer entering siege mode.

Alur

Gul'dan is fun.

In other news, Zag is now stupid. I also hate the new Zag talents cause I don't have the health sustain anymore, but still. It's stronk.

I can feel the nerf coming in the air tonight, oh Blizz.

scoobs

That's why, it splits them up. Although I wouldn't use it as an engage tool, it's better utilized as anti-engage. If you want to catch someone, have another character with a stun do it-Using an ultimate just to get a pick is never good >_> especially on Gul'Dans ults.

mmm i guess i just disagree. Its one of the best CCs in the game for landing kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom