• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

The Khaldor drama lol. This is one time I gotta side with Jake. Khaldor can't just parachute in and take the good games, and if he really wanted to cast there's plenty other games/teams to pick up.

kirblar

The Khaldor drama lol. This is one time I gotta side with Jake. Khaldor can't just parachute in and take the good games, and if he really wanted to cast there's plenty other games/teams to pick up.
ITS NOT HIS REGION

How hard is this a concept for him to grasp? There are logistical concerns as well as talent concerns here.

Miasma's diving when they need to be peeling and losing every time cause of it.

brian!

all the players on cresc are playing well, they are listening to each other, should be a scary team once they get some more synergy
prisma's flanking w/ tass during fights is prtty good

fb greymane is great, really liking crscendo atm

is the foerest on the overwatch stream the same guy? apparently toxic silence didnt play because lk didnt show up, but itd be funny if foerest was like hold up i got an overwatch tourney

brian!

solo uther is pretty bad against lunara but they had tass and an anti lunara comp so lunara was a poor pick there in general

kirblar

solo uther is pretty bad against lunara but they had tass and an anti lunara comp so lunara was a poor pick there in general
They kept diving in for kills with Muradin with a double front line poke team that needed to keep Li-Ming and Greymane off their asses.

Milly79

Yeah they turned it around at the end there. Felt like they were gonna lose for a bit there. That last fight was insane. Matre is a god, lol.

brian!

i like that caff's description of him was like he plays rehgar aggressively and smart like kenma, except he doesnt die, and that was the whole last fight lol

Alur

Still think Khaldor was pretty much like I'm talking my ball and going home.

I can't think someone is toxic and still think they're a good player? Whattttt. :lol

IIRC you weren't even happy he was on the team because of play as well lol, but spin it how you like as you usually do when called out

Milly79

recursive-sealion.gif

Alur

Cause that OW game that won't catch on w/ esports has two tournaments going on at once. A weekly GosuGamers like we used to have in EU (and occasionally NA), 7k+ viewers. And a $5,000 top prize monthlong tournament with 21k.

It still bothers me. Most of those viewers never really gave HOTS a chance =/

Alur

I think 30k+ across two weekly tournaments is catching on, is my point.

I just wish HOTS could get at least back to last years regionals/Blizzcon levels at the least. Even RTBC levels were better.

Overwatch has been out little more than a month and you're looking at the numbers in a vacuum where there is no contest.
I still don't see it but I also don't like watching CSGO and that certainly caught on.

I didn't look at the numbers when league was still going or what the numbers would be be when CSGO is going on simultaneously.

There was a real lull today Grubby was actually like the 8th highest channel playing WC3 for some time.

Alur

There's no worry about cashing in on a lull or anything else man. It's still in the top two to top four on Twitch night after night. The only time I have ever seen it fall out was during the E3 broadcasts or when the speedrun channel is going on a popular game. It only follows that the tournaments would be at least fairly successful.

These tournaments were ongoing with the NA LCS was going earlier as well. I'm sure they were a bit lower, I didn't check as I watched the end of the HOTS tournament (which was yet another form of competition), but I'm sure it was more than respectable and plenty well enough to consider it "caught on" at this point.

Let's call it staying power then.
I know Overwatch is popular even when I'm not actively following it, hard not to notice, but many games peter out eventually.

HotS is less a form of competition than Grubby streaming WC3, it's stagnantly near dead.

kirblar

Numbers were bad cause no one promoted it.

And I totally want to play the next two regionals if the meta is as toxic as I think it's gonna be lol. Split Push ftw

Alur

According to reddit the tournament wasn't even promoted on the streamer calendar thing so that'd be one reason why some wouldn't know.

Alur

I legit don't even know who Stoten or Nysira are, and I'm on Twitch daily. Broseidon used to help out with tournaments, didn't know he streamed either.

kirblar

With the change to minions - is the solution if its a problem (and it probably will be) actually to simply buff building HP?

It would increase the value of pushing alongside a minion wave dramatically relative to not doing so and reduce the effectiveness of tower rushing straight out of the gates, something that's been obnoxiously omnipresent since the scaling fixes went live.

Maledict

Why was Sonya globally banned? Is it that bug with her auto attacks hitting twice after a Q?

You would by now they would recognise that bug. It's clearly something buried deep in the engine because it occurs all the time across so many heroes. I had a rehgar in my game last night do a double bite somehow at the start of the game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom