• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Oh god yes make Malfurion into a full blown druid

I want to take fuckers into the Emerald Dream
I'm not following.

We'll get more druids. A balance Druid will probably just be an actual Moonkin w low mobility and CC (and Eclipse giving two kits a la Greymane) but Azmodan-esque survivability.

Alur

I really think Ana would be awesome. Character looks awesome, has an interesting kit, good backstory, female, etc etc. I doubt we'd ever see her any time soon, but I think she may be the most fun and different 1-for-1 from game-to-game outside of perhaps Zenyatta.

Lucio would be a super interesting addition since he auto heals and auto buffs depending on which mode you shift to. Not sure how they wouldn't make him the same kind of auto-win he can be in OW.

kirblar

I really think Ana would be awesome. Character looks awesome, has an interesting kit, good backstory, female, etc etc. I doubt we'd ever see her any time soon, but I think she may be the most fun and different 1-for-1 from game-to-game outside of perhaps Zenyatta.

Lucio would be a super interesting addition since he auto heals and auto buffs depending on which mode you shift to. Not sure how they wouldn't make him the same kind of auto-win he can be in OW.
Lucio's BW-style healing makes him a great fit because it allows you to use the charged Ult mechanics that won't work on a more traditional healer.

Alur

That's true, but it's also very Brightwing like which is redundant. It'd be interesting to see if they made him stronger DPS or stronger heals than her, cause in his OW form he's good at both.

I'm not following.

We'll get more druids. A balance Druid will probably just be an actual Moonkin w low mobility and CC (and Eclipse giving two kits a la Greymane) but Azmodan-esque survivability.

No you see

Malfurion is the strongest druid ever

Right now he doesnt feel like that

Emerald Dream.

brian!

Yeah lucio is pretty adaptable into this game, theyd probably have to give him some sort of resource managment and gut the speed aura/boost tho. Id rather see ana w/ the nova q, sleep, and heal reduction mechanics tho, it really is a perfect fit.

kirblar

That's true, but it's also very Brightwing like which is redundant. It'd be interesting to see if they made him stronger DPS or stronger heals than her, cause in his OW form he's good at both.
He'd be lacking her mobility, you can give him Lunara's Z w/ increased base movement speed at the cost of no mounting.

Q is dependent on the trait (speed boost vs heal boost)
W is a knockback
E is some sort of mobility option w/ terrain
Ult charges for the Shields.
D toggles between the speed/healz

He's really easy to port in.

Ana's also a great healer design.

Dr. Buni

Ana, Lúcio and Symmetra. Yes, Symmetra should all be added to HotS. Terrific character designs with unique (or relatively unique) kits.

Dig losing to solo tassadar we've come full circle.
They lost but not the end of the world, means they are going up against Liquid if they win against teh89 tomorrow. While Fnatic goes up against mYi.

Schwimpi singlehandedly wrecked with perfect maws to isolate illidan, ancestral never even had a chance to heal him. Snitch went for the hunt to get some global presence but it was a waste since their rotations sucked.

Alur

Quacknix dancing at the end. LOL, I'm glad for Fnatic.

He'd be lacking her mobility, you can give him Lunara's Z w/ increased base movement speed at the cost of no mounting.

Q is dependent on the trait (speed boost vs heal boost)
W is a knockback
E is some sort of mobility option w/ terrain
Ult charges for the Shields.
D toggles between the speed/healz

He's really easy to port in.

Ana's also a great healer design.

I like that skill lineup, but why would Q be dependent on trait if D can toggle between the two?

Ana, Lúcio and Symmetra. Yes, Symmetra should all be added to HotS. Terrific character designs with unique (or relatively unique) kits.

I'd love to see Symmetra in HOTS. She's my best/second best hero in OW. I brought her up before but some people were concerned she's too Gazlowe like, but I dunno. I think she'd be super fun. There may be an issue in her having something to place her turrets on, though, since most fights happen out in the open.

Schwimpi singlehandedly wrecked with perfect maws.

McIntyre am cri

Alur

That wouldn't make sense though or maybe I'm misunderstanding.

I think you're saying Q should be the "E" skill from OW, where it boosts the speed or heal, but the way it was written it looked like you were saying Q would either be heal or speed flat based on a level 1 talent choice, even though D swaps between both too.

Alavard

Even Genji would be fairly interesting.

His deflect would be another unique mechanic, and he would be a little like Greymane, in that he'd poke from ranged but then only dive in with a dash or his ultimate.

kirblar

That wouldn't make sense though or maybe I'm misunderstanding.

I think you're saying Q should be the "E" skill from OW, where it boosts the speed or heal, but the way it was written it looked like you were saying Q would either be heal or speed flat based on a level 1 talent choice, even though D swaps between both too.
Oh , I meant Q works differently depending on the state of the D (trait) toggle. He wouldn't be like Monk.

Alur

Yeah I got ya now.

Alavard if they put Genji in HOTS it'd be like Nova + Zera + Illidan rolled into one. How would any games get created with all the people trying to play as the ninja dude? :p

I'd love to see him though. In general there's a lot of OW heroes which would be great additions and I'm surprised they didn't leverage more than just Tracer for the launch.

Alur

I'd be shocked if Maw isn't the regular go-to in competitive. It's just too valuable and split push is so much easier to punish with coordination. I've been wrong before though.

How is the damage lower, however? I didn't deep dive the patch notes for the first time in forever, but it feels the same to me if not stronger.

EDIT: I see autos and Hydralisk decreased in damage, Banelings increased, but Hydralisk lasts longer and extra range is now basically baseline thanks to creep. Really seems like a wash to me at worse and all the numbers from the games I've played with/against seem similar or higher.

Zag's new split push is easier to punish since she can't just pop a Nydus Worm wherever she has vision now, it requires creep, whereas Maw has so much utility in teamfights.

And I don't get how Zag's hero damage is lower given all of the talent changes and new quest talents.

Maledict

I'd be shocked if Maw isn't the regular go-to in competitive. It's just too valuable and split push is so much easier to punish with coordination. I've been wrong before though.

How is the damage lower, however? I didn't deep dive the patch notes for the first time in forever, but it feels the same to me if not stronger.

EDIT: I see autos and Hydralisk decreased in damage, Banelings increased, but Hydralisk lasts longer and extra range is now basically baseline thanks to creep. Really seems like a wash to me at worse and all the numbers from the games I've played with/against seem similar or higher.

Her auto attack damage was a decent nerf, and the quest talent at 4 doesn't actually add that much. Her hydralisk was significantly nerfed, and there was no extra duration added. Yes, mutalisk lasts for 60 seconds at 16 but you never took it for that anyways.

She's a lot less of a lane bully early on now - better at killing the creep waves, but much less dangerous to duel. You actually have the option of killing the hydrlisk rather than just running for the hills when it pops.

Banelings change is fab, but it doesn't make up for that loss in damage.

I still think she's great, but she's not the assassin tier damage she used to be - her two main damage abiliities were significantly nerfed and the quest talents don't make up for that. The loss of helath regen on creep also made her weaker early game as well.

Alur

8Y51yK6.gif

Maledict

She's OP as fuck and anyone that disagrees clearly doesn't play the game

I'm not saying she's weak - just that she's stronger in a different way. Her damage was undeniably nerfed, and I think at the pro level that will outweigh the massive split pushing boosts she got.

Alur

It's the share of total hours of content watched, not total amount of esports overall watched. So whatever the percent is, the rest of the streamers make up the rest of HOTS' hours.

That's why OW has #4 in stream hours but not top 10 in esports cause there just wasn't much going on. They have several a week now so they should enter the top 10 somewhere next go round.

Pretty interesting numbers, though, and nice to still see HOTS above Smite and such.

Alur

Damn breh ignore the crow part why don't you

What crow? HOTS is not doing any better and is arguably worse than it was previously. Definitely lower viewership on esports stuff, but that doesn't mean it's bottom feeding. It's just not drawing in the money either. It's "fine".

Zackat

What crow? HOTS is not doing any better and is arguably worse than it was previously. Definitely lower viewership on esports stuff, but that doesn't mean it's bottom feeding. It's just not drawing in the money either.

tempo storm imploding killed the scene, C9 not taking things seriously and getting owned didn't help either.

Also could you imagine Zenyatta with how his Ult is now? That movement speed.

kirblar

What crow? HOTS is not doing any better and is arguably worse than it was previously. Definitely lower viewership on esports stuff, but that doesn't mean it's bottom feeding. It's just not drawing in the money either. It's "fine".
Blizzard can't rely on vending it out like they've been doing for HS/OW.

They have to provide the tools/resources themselves if they want to make them happen.

Alur

Agreed. Gotta make their own circuit and produce it and promote it. Honestly I feel like it would have to be cheaper too, considering they already have the equipment and could even use their own people if they so choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom