• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

You guys were talking about mYi being figured out earlier and I guess that's possible, but in general none of these teams stay on top for very long stretches...with the exception of Dig. Who once again win, though they too have had their hiccups. Tempo is probably the only other team that has held the top spot for near the amount of time Dig has and that was early days.

Maledict

Look at alex's face and body language. Something doesn't feel right with the team. He looks really pissed off despite winning.

And congrats Dig, those were fantastic games to watch. That back door at the end was really went done.

Alur

Look at alex's face and body language. Something doesn't feel right with the team. He looks really pissed off despite winning.

He definitely didn't look as happy as I'd expect someone to who had just won their first major tournament. Or at least I believe it's his first.

Maledict

I think the new meta will definitely hurt them though - JayPL effectively playing their main tank and Alex playing the bruiser carried them this tournament. Interesting how often they were going for that combo, and prioritising it above everything else except Kael / Falstead for Mene.

Were they the only team that even picked Arthas?

scoobs

Is it just me or is Gul'dan REAL fucking terrible? Hotslogs seems to agree with me. Extraordinarily hard to win with this fucker

scoobs

Hes well designed but clearly just needs numbers tuning.

I don't know how I feel about a no-escape mage with no CC until his ult. Seems to me like the other mages have better kits, save Chromie (who is just an awful hero). Why would a team draft him over KT, Ming, Falstad?

Maledict

I don't know how I feel about a no-escape mage with no CC until his ult. Seems to me like the other mages have better kits, save Chromie (who is just an awful hero). Why would a team draft him over KT, Ming, Falstad?

That's part of his problem - he's not a Mage at all, and shouldn't be picked as one.

He's a 4th and 5th pick range bruiser - when you need sustained damage against someone like an Illidan, Sonya or someone else. He is utterly terrible in the standard Mage slot role, even worse than Chromie - yet people keep playing him in that role.

scoobs

That's part of his problem - he's not a Mage at all, and shouldn't be picked as one.

He's a 4th and 5th pick range bruiser - when you need sustained damage against someone like an Illidan, Sonya or someone else. He is utterly terrible in the standard Mage slot role, even worse than Chromie - yet people keep playing him in that role.

Problem is he has no escapes and is vulnerable to any stun to his drain life so.. he really can't do any sort of bruising at all. I think I'd compare him to Nazeebo, except worse than Nazeebo because Nazeebo is WAYsafer poke damage. This guy has to be medium to close range to get anything done. You really can't move forward in a team fight at all at risk of being instantly deleted. Muradin/Kerrigan/Grey/Sonya jumps on you and you are donezo. Drain life won't save you with all the stuns at the ready.

Idk, its early, maybe I'll find a build that works for him but for now he's just a super fun to play shitty hero, kinda like Medivh, and Chromie.

Having said all of this, I love playing him and am going for that master skin for sure.

Maledict

I don't disagree he needs a number tune btw, just think that part of his problem is the role people expect him to play. Whenever I see him drafted in my games it's in the wrong position to do the wrong things.

(I also think the reduced healing talent is dreadful, because Gul'Dan is meant to face tank stuff and be up close taking damage. Because it doesn't make an immediate change people think it's free, but it's not).

Re stuns - there are other characters with that issue to be fair. Poor azmodan has a laser build which is entirely worthless if he gets stunned, and unlike Gul'Dan he has no other abilities to use if the laser is stunned.

scoobs

Chromie after level 20 is a monster.

"If you can just get to level 20, then she's great!" Is not a compliment to the hero. That's bad design. Shes a stinker. I love playing her too but if we're being honest, she's pretty crappy. I'm really disappointed in the quality of the last 3 heroes from a competitive sense, they're just not very good. I do think that this upcoming support Auriel is going to change that trend, she seems like first ban material from what the leaks are saying.

Also, back to Gul'Dan for a second... that level 20 teleport talent is absolutely hilarious. Had a zeratul hunting me for like 10 minutes at the end of the game and each time he jumped on me *poof* I'm gone! :D I love the second or two the enemy player is clearly looking around like "what the fuck where'd he go? Did I kill him?"

Maledict

I think Chromie is the worse designed hero in a long, long time. I honestly don't know what they were thinking with her. Either she one shots people from afar, which is unbelievably unfun, or she gets dived and immediately dies. It's such a binary state. She's also so toxic in quick match its unbearable - if you don't have a healer and they have chromie, bye bye!

Weird fact from yesterday's dream hack - Tyrande and Zeratul were never banned or picked the entire tournament. Who would have predicted that!

Alur

I do think that this upcoming support Auriel is going to change that trend, she seems like first ban material from what the leaks are saying.

The "leak" was a fanmade version of her kit on Heroes Fire that got picked up by some website. It wasn't the legit skills, just some dude's guess based on the video and what little bit we could glean from the datamine. I posted it here in the thread thinking it was legit since it was on the front page of reddit, but later redacted after the reddit sleuths got ahold of it.

And I think Gul'dan is fine. He'll need a buff, but I don't find him to be a particular drag on a team the way Chromie/Greymane/Lunara/Rexxar were on their release. He can ramp up some damage at 16 and he has a good lane presence. He's not KT or current Greymane, but he's at least playable without feeling bad for your team like those heroes were when they launched.

Maledict

Just to confirm BTW - Azmodan is broken right now. Taste for Blood won't give more than 250 damage, no matter what it says on the tooltip. Levelled the quest up in Try mode to double check.

I don't think our opinions could be farther apart than on Chromie... ;-)

Matter of fact statement Chromie best waifu. Correctly predicting movement patterns is digital crack to me.

Also Cris, Jowe, Kha,dor and HasuObs ambiguously mentioned interesting times ahead, changes to comes. Whatever that means.

CnfV-NCXYAQ0fxn.jpg:large

Alur

I think Kaeyoh was probably always a bit underrated. Always others on the team with bigger names or personalities overshadowing him until that final combination which was just bad.

Ketch

Kaeyoh is godlike.

He played a tournament game a long ass time a go with top hero siege damage AND XP as Vikings on garden controlling the plant terror with 0 deaths. ZERO. That's when I knew.

Maledict

Something is definitely up. Hopefully it's not another roster apocalypse in Europe, but too many tweets from different sources to shrug it off.

Finally watched the finale, grandiose play by Dignitas with the backdoor.
From what I've read on twitter Alex was distraught because he felt responsible for his bad play and shotcalling on their 2 losses

Maledict

What I don't understand is the changes to body blocking since the patch that Blizzard haven't commented on at all. They are absolutely huge and change how the game works, yet nothing?

What I don't understand is the changes to body blocking since the patch that Blizzard haven't commented on at all. They are absolutely huge and change how the game works, yet nothing?

body blocking has always been there, but now it seems that your character won't reroute if it's a friendly ally?

Maledict

body blocking has always been there, but now it seems that your character won't reroute if it's a friendly ally?

You can now "push" people, even enemies. Its not possible for Leoric to trap someone in his Entomb for example - you can push him out of the way. Similarly with terrain on Cursed Hollow and Garden of Terror. Also minions now slow you down when you move through them, as you push them out of the way.

You can now "push" people, even enemies. Its not possible for Leoric to trap someone in his Entomb for example - you can push him out of the way. Similarly with terrain on Cursed Hollow and Garden of Terror. Also minions now slow you down when you move through them, as you push them out of the way.

>_>;

Ok that's pretty bad

Zackat

There's like no way to have fun playing this game.
I play a few HL games with my friend every day then go back to street fighter. We finally won enough earlier so he leagued up. It's a damn crap shoot right now, you have to play a lot to get the mount rewards. I like playing the game plenty, just not for hours and hours when I play fucking brightwing and Johanna over and over.

scoobs

Yeah it kind of seems like it. There's a ton of divisions and it is fucking hard to even go up one.

Problem is you lose too many points when you lose, and don't get enough when you win. Fix that and the system is fine. Its hard to imagine how they thought this was good.

I have such an unfun time in hero league that I basically just play unranked draft and occasionally QM. The game is not fun when everyone is yelling at each other.

Maledict

She's pretty damn good. Nobody complains when you pick her in HL either, unless you got some dumb salty dude on your team.

In hero league her best build is the pure serpent build though which always amuses me. I pick her when I want the blinds as well but seems like she should just be grabbed as often as you can and specced for serpents.

kirblar

In hero league her best build is the pure serpent build though which always amuses me. I pick her when I want the blinds as well but seems like she should just be grabbed as often as you can and specced for serpents.
HL prioritizes dueling and pickoffs due to the uncoordinated teams. It's why BW has always been good there, insta 2v1s are insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom