• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Smite's league looks like it's self-contained but I honestly do not know. It's branded like an LCS style league, but I've only watched it probably twice ever. Would have to look it up.

Zackat

It just seems like it would be a boon to Activision-Blizzard to make it's own dedicated league that they could use for all their games now. I thought they would have done it by now since they have been buying up all those smaller entities.

Look at Starcraft, arguably one of the first big eSport scenes, and look at where it's at now with SCII. Blizzard doesn't really know what they're doing when it comes to eSports.

Alur

Ketch and I just pulled off a super troll Abathur and Murky duo in QM. Just steamrolled them on Infernal Shrines, four level lead and all that. Felt good man, cause the 2 or 3 games before that were total poopshows.

Best part was that 3 of the people we faced in Abathur + Murky game were our teammates in the previous loss.

Maximus.

Feels bad to lose a couple hero league games that we were controlling from the start and could have won if the team did not make some silly calls and engage when they should backed off. Crazy how easy it is to win the game late when the other team wipes.

scoobs

Feels bad to lose a couple hero league games that we were controlling from the start and could have won if the team did not make some silly calls and engage when they should backed off. Crazy how easy it is to win the game late when the other team wipes.
No comeback mechanics, 6.5/10

Have people figured out mYI? They are playing all out of sorts

scoobs

Mewnfarez simultaneously casting on his stream. Not sure if he's going for serious or troll or both.
He was pounding shots on stream a couple hours ago, I can't imagine it's serious

This game is so over. Fuck TLV. What a cheese hero

patchday

What is ded game may never die, Twich Viewership rankings edition: https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-games-twitch/

That's actually way better than I would have expected, it's lining up with SFV/Smash on that second tier.

huh interesting link. Thanks!

How is the esports share event so close to LoL

I watch LoL sometimes. I sorta find HoTS more interesting to watch due to more hero variety in the team comps. Granted, I also kinda find it dull sometimes to watch LoL's early game. I might be a bit more biased towards Hearthstone/HoTS tho

I don't understand VP#s idea there they had no chance to core there w/o taking out muradin and they still went for it. if they had just retreated they should have been able to put pressure on the map and come out of it as a winning trade.
MYi continues to not only live of their own successes but often their opponent's failures. They have had a Tempo vibe for awhile now.

patchday

Look at Starcraft, arguably one of the first big eSport scenes, and look at where it's at now with SCII. Blizzard doesn't really know what they're doing when it comes to eSports.

I strongly disagree with this post btw but will leave it at that. Having recently attended Dreamhack Austin I experienced firsthand how nice the events are setup

Interfectum

Eh, I think MOBAs killed Starcraft's esports scene just as much as anything Blizzard had done. No one game is going to stay on top forever. Even League and Dota will eventually take a dive.

brian!

Wp fnatic, myi rly dropped the ball that game, cant dick around when the other team is gunning for leveling talent tier and you drafted a no cc comp

brian!

Only caught the 1st game but it was straight fnatic playing correctly and myi unable to capitalize, think teams are jusy catching up/being more consistent

Maledict

What the hell is up with Dignitas being stupidly greedy for bosses? That's twice now I've seen them try and take a boss in front of their opponents faces and fail.

Alavard

A question regarding Gul'Dan: his healing per tick of Life Drain doesn't directly scale with the damage his Life Drain deals, correct? If so, isn't this potentially a bit of a problem?

You life drain for one of two reasons - because you need health or as part of a damage rotation (sometimes, you want both). In the case of dealing more damage, all buffs to your life drain's damage is good - vulnerability or ability power, or the talent that grants extra life drain damage to enemies below 50% health.

But if your intention is to drain more health it's not so good - since boosting your life drain damage by one of those things doesn't increase your healing per tick, doing enough extra damage such that you're killing your target in less ticks of drain life means you heal less.

Been thinking about this today. Am I totally off the mark or is it just not a concern?

brian!

Caught the end of fnc and dig just now, excellent call by fnc dunno what dig were thinking, guess they felt compelled to rush bot because they were giving top keep for free

I dont know guldan's kit but you're right that the heal should somewhat scale with the drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom