• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Denial.HotS will be releasing @Prismaticismism. @C9iDream will be replacing him on the team. As well as @HandleBarsHotS will be team analyst
Da boyz are almost back in town.

Glau still needs to tighten up tho.

Alur

Denial should've went with Mac instead. Less pigeonholed. Glau's top end on like two heroes is higher (when he's on), but he's not as versatile otherwise.

Kind of surprised they swapped that quick. For a team having problems getting along leading to their dissolution, they sure made up quickly...without Dunktrain. Ayyyyyy

I didn't see all games but what makes you think Glau was the problem? Caff played only ETC and K1 only once Falstad. With Jaina K1pro went for Water Elemental and he even got to play Greymane when that's one of Glau's best heroes.
Glaurung is easily targetable with his hero pool but Denial performing so bad was a team effort.

Equinox replaced Kladeous on Astral Authority

Alur

That's two retirees coming back shortly after retiring.

I'm not saying he was specifically the problem. I'm just saying he's not the person I would have picked for that team, or really for any team that isn't built solely around him. He is one of my four or five favorite players, but that hero pool is what it is. Clearly they coveted his top end more, or perhaps Mac never even got a try out. I have no clue.

For whatever reason Glau skirts the edges of success like nobody's business. Shit is uncanny how close he can be and yet be so far away.

Caff and K1 never retired. I wonder where Glaurung's tracer went and back with tempo he played diablo. I don't think you need a team built around him, he probably just needs a really good shotcaller or great team synergy.

Speaking of McIntyre am I reading this correct that he joined Vox Nihili?
6SHMh2O.png

Maledict

RIP Stormcast; #108 is the final episode.

Shame. It's the only main podcast I never managed to get into - combination of too much content a week plus it never grabbed me in the same way.

Wonder if we will ever see State of the Nexus again. I really miss that one.

Milly79

Stormcast is not that good.

Anyway, prismat dropped and iDream acquired for Denial!!

Edit- I see that shit was already posted. I need to drop the esports app. That's ridiculously late.

Alur

Caff and K1 never retired. I wonder where Glaurung's tracer went and back with tempo he played diablo. I don't think you need a team built around him, he probably just needs a really good shotcaller or great team synergy.

I was referring to iDream and Equinox. Both said they were done just a month or two ago, now they are already back.

Speaking of McIntyre am I reading this correct that he joined Vox Nihili?
6SHMh2O.png

No clue. If he did that's the first I've heard of it too.

I was referring to iDream and Equinox. Both said they were done just a month or two ago, now they are already back.

No clue. If he did that's the first I've heard of it too.

Oh those two were separate comments, my bad.

It's confirmed Guldansgame now go as Dumpster Tier Rejects with Prismaticism and Kladeous instead of Mc and Jason. I think Vox cut Daihuu but he's still listed for them.
Jason is now listed as a 6th for Naventic somehow.

Miwa, usually an observer, is playing with Marche.

Arthelon, Erho, Soldier Zixz and two others are listed on a team. (Almost all retirees)

Alur

Da fuq would Soldier play with those dudes again for? Talk about toxicity.

Not really sure why Vox Nihili would change it up either. Granted I didn't really watch the majority of their games, but seemed like it was going well. I think Mac is really good, but I had just assumed their success was part luck and mostly chemistry based.

Rosterpocalypse continues I guess.

Alur

They shouldn't have been in the semis to get 3-0'd though. No matter how you slice it, they definitely outperformed.

Who knows, the guys hang around before and during the event. They mingle, they talk, rosters get changed.
They def overperformed but it's doubtful they could reach higher anytime soon with that roster.

Mac and Glau even had time to play Kerrigan together, literally.

Alur

I hope we see more of the field giving good competition and occasionally winning. That tournament was fun because everyone got legit shook.

Alur

I see the reddit hivemind finally found the one thing that could legitimately convince a decent number of people to rebel against HOTSlogs beyond the ~2 years of whining on it's accuracy.

barrett should really just make a patreon, though. Dunno why he's so against it. They are pretty effective from what I've seen.

Alur

Zixz saying he's not the best support anymore...ROFL. He always appeared to be a weak link on those Tempo rosters from my POV. And Kenma second best support? Damn. Someone is emulating the Donald a bit too much.

hampig

So, what are the thoughts on Auriel? I tried her out a bit and did terrible, but played against others who were kicking ass. My conclusion is I'm probably just playing her wrong.

oh yeah I remember that but then he replied to me like this when I called it in question on reddit
Zixz said:
People don't notice this but a lot of support players don't even try to make plays. They play extremely passive and don't utilize cooldowns correctly or push damage in fights. Kenma does. His decision making isn't always the best but its also not always his fault. For example, when Khroen constantly was killing him on Tracer, BW can't do that much by herself. It is a team effort.

brian!

He plays support more efficiently than most but i mean like zixz says it's a team thing and i cant really imagine the situation as kenma communicating what he's gonna do perfectly and his followup being "nah ima leave u hanging on purpose".

Maximus.

So, what are the thoughts on Auriel? I tried her out a bit and did terrible, but played against others who were kicking ass. My conclusion is I'm probably just playing her wrong.

I like her. It requires you to be in the fight to build energy and I found I was doing good team healing in major fights the games I played once I got used to her playstyle.

Alur

They've been yelling at him since day one to some degree. This is just finally a cause that gets even the people who like the stats behind them.

brian!

i mean it more liek
what do you usually do when you have a website you dont like or ads you dont like? you adblock or you dont use it

normally you dont make 3 threads about it lol
but i mean i guess there's nothing else to talk about
ive had it adblocked since inception, the ads have always been bad, but it's fotm right now

usually youd expect the hots reddit to have a fotm thread on some sort of balance or game related thing, but not these days

Alur

Yeah, how dare they ask him to do something about the ads on his website serving malware.

I think the point is more that it's a witch hunt like he personally wronged them than anything. As someone aptly put it in one of those 3 or 4 threads, "this is how you undo 2 years of hard work and service to a community with a couple days".

He definitely set himself up for it a few weeks back, but as usual, the backlash is 2x the fury.

usually youd expect the hots reddit to have a fotm thread on some sort of balance or game related thing, but not these days

And this. hotsreddit has less and less pertinent info on it as we go along.

Ultima_5

how hard would this be to play for someones whos never played something like this before? I'm new to pc gaming and a few of my friends are way into it and I kind of want to start so i have some people to play games with

brian!

i feel like it's probably not a great game to play if you're starting out pc gaming (like there are probably a lot of cool games out there that don't hammer you w/ a lot of information) but it's free so you can always just try it, it's probably the easiest of all the mobas

if you want a fun game to play w/ friends there is a lot of stuff to experience that is pc exclusive

like get this game when it's on sale, it usually goes on sale pretty often: http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/
it's a lot sillier than the trailer too

kirblar

how hard would this be to play for someones whos never played something like this before? I'm new to pc gaming and a few of my friends are way into it and I kind of want to start so i have some people to play games with
What region are you in? Before you start playing, make sure to use a Recruit a Friend code on your B.Net account it gets you two free heroes. (Here's an NA code if you need one- https://battle.net/recruit/WNX6HZ6MFF )

My only experience was about 10 fail games of LoL not understanding anything prior to this and never having watched LoL/DOTA on TV, and I picked it up fast.

Alur

You could hop into this pretty easy if you're a regular gamer. Some of the vernacular and nuances may take you a bit, but playing with friends should speed up the process. Game is much better with friends than solo, as well.

Overwatch

3Hr41eh.gif

Now I've seen everything.

i mean it more liek
what do you usually do when you have a website you dont like or ads you dont like? you adblock or you dont use it

normally you dont make 3 threads about it lol
but i mean i guess there's nothing else to talk about
ive had it adblocked since inception, the ads have always been bad, but it's fotm right now

Did you miss the thread by barret on how his ads are better now and that people should stop using adblocker? I haven't been in the thread so idk about the witch hunt but I'm not surprised about the existence of these threads and some critique would be reasonable.

Alur

This hotdoggies saga is interesting. As vengeful as the reddit hivemind can be over various things, he himself seems to be equally oblivious to the own damage his remarks and callousness is causing his brand/site. It's like two animals devouring each other.

Unsure why dude thinks people want him to get a patreon so they can get a look at his financials. In all non-ad related scenarios he's been friendly and thoughtful. With this one, however, he's full on politician mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom