• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alavard

Oh, right, Auriel comes out today. I had actually forgotten, as I've been playing a few other games the last several days.

Other than Cho'Gall, who else synergizes welll with her - Tyrael?

Alur

Excited to try her out as well. Hope she can solo heal in QM/HL.

Bought her on PTR but sat in queue 15 mins plus the couple times I tried so I still haven't touched her.

I already have the skin with the mask for him but I really want that crown from the master skin. Currently lvl 8 but 9 > 10 takes way too long.

Tyrael's kit just all around is fun to play and makes the plays. They even dialed down the unfun aspect of him down by reducing mana costs a bit.

Maledict

I have every Tyrael skin, including the master skin. I can't help it, they are all brilliant!

Haven't played him in absolutely ages though. Anub'arak became my go to engage bruiser over him, as he requires less co-ordination in a solo game.

You're missing out he makes plays now. Just have to be proactive with the sanc so people don't run out of it and it's not like people don't run away from their support for some reason.

Alur

Not sure why this just hit me, but we are guaranteed that two of these three names misses out on Blizzcon:

Naventic
Gale Force
Denial

I'm hopeful that one of those names is Naventic. That sweet karma.

Zackat

That bundle is tempting. Of course they shoved a mount in it though.

They need to make it so you can see all the tints before you buy.

Alur

Someone posted some screenshots on reddit. It's just a few of the ones that were already datamined from what I saw.

Alavard

Someone posted some screenshots on reddit. It's just a few of the ones that were already datamined from what I saw.

Was this one of the datamined ones?

uVLD0SZ.png

I definitely remember the archer minion and siege ogre portraits, but don't recall this one.

Not sure why this just hit me, but we are guaranteed that two of these three names misses out on Blizzcon:

Naventic
Gale Force
Denial

I'm hopeful that one of those names is Naventic. That sweet karma.

It's funny that Cattle didn't win a regional as CoG or C9 but with Murloc Geniuses of all teams, not sure how much that was a fluke. GFE didn't respect them at all and threw away game 1, MG also never faced Naventic.

Dream scenario Denial makes it but I'd also like GFE to go to Blizzcon. If Fan misses blizzcon he might really jump and that would really be a dream come true. Also glad I'm,no longer the only one hating on NVT

kirblar

It's funny that Cattle didn't win a regional as CoG or C9 but with Murloc Geniuses of all teams, not sure how much that was a fluke. GFE didn't respect them at all and threw away game 1, MG also never faced Naventic.

Dream scenario Denial makes it but I'd also like GFE to go to Blizzcon. If Fan misses blizzcon he might really jump and that would really be a dream come true. Also glad I'm,no longer the only one hating on NVT
I think Fan has to jump either way.

Alur

Fan should jump for his own brand if nothing else. To me, even finishing second with a team that is respected is better than finishing first with a team of assholes. At a certain point you have to begin to consider him condoning their behavior when he doesn't speak out or leave and it keeps happening. It's just a big stink on one of the most recognizable and successful players in the game. When I watch him/Rennie stream and hear them talk and their behavior/general attitudes, I just can't fathom how either of them think this is in any way acceptable. It's so counter to everything they show us. Then again, we don't see everything. Maybe Fan is a salty mfer behind the scenes or something lol

As for hating Naventic, I was in the Mac camp. Once they threw him away as the scapegoat, they lost what little pull they had left with me.

I personally want to see GFE make it to Blizzcon just because they are the most fun to watch.

I am curious about Denial struggling, though. Are we just seeing two great players (k1pro and KingCaff) try to run it back like they did with C9 and it fails because they haven't adapted, or has the NA scene really grown and muddied up that much?

I do believe Murlocs winning was a bit of a fluke. Kudos to them for taking advantage of the hand that was dealt, but I think it you played it all out 10 times the same thing might happen just once or twice. They really lucked out with GFE falling to second seed and playing NVT in the semifinals. Either way them or Vox were going to dodge one bullet there (even though Vox had already beaten GFE).

Auriel is live in NA btw.

I also need to find and make a gif of Mike doing the weird arm thing when going to NVT for the handshake. GFE really is fun to watch and they are this good with still so much to improve.

Edit:

bI6mMVu.gif

one and done

Alur

It's called the dab, Familie. That's why I laughed at it when it happened. Didn't realize Tomster did it too. I thought he was mocking the Buechter boyz.

Popularized for athletes as a celebration by Cam Newton:

EoaweeH.gif

Also heavily used by Paul Pogba:

X36DajW.gif

And duplicated by nearly everyone else including NHL goon Ryan Reaves:

UKbl7Fz.gif

kirblar

I couldn't believe teams kept going Illidan/Greymane - teams were getting blown up in Super League trying stuff like that or Illidan/Sonya as well. You just can't support two heroes at once that require heavy support (though going Human build Greymane helps.)

Alur

One irony I saw when I checked to see if Auriel was live earlier:

High Estimated Wait Time in Quick Match.

Blizz, you're telling me that there's not enough teams without supports that I can't get a queue within 4-5 mins? C'mon breh. 4 of 5 quick match games have no support. You're telling me there's that many Auriel players at 10:30 AM PST to fill all those support-less QM teams? The fuck outta here.

Alavard

I couldn't believe teams kept going Illidan/Greymane - teams were getting blown up in Super League trying stuff like that or Illidan/Sonya as well. You just can't support two heroes at once that require heavy support (though going Human build Greymane helps.)

Illidan/Greymane? Double dive? What the fuck, lol. Sure, let's just create a gaping weakness to our team at super high play skill levels.

They still lost because of straight misplays though even if their comp had been good they were out of sync with their ults.

kirblar

They still lost because of straight misplays though even if their comp had been good they were out of sync with their ults.
That's just it- the comp isn't good. They should have known better because those comps don't work in Korea either.

I wonder how many people are actually watching Korean play, because they were way too slow on the Greymane/Tyrael uptake.

scoobs

wow $22.50 for the bundle... i mean, i bought it, but that is a lot.

I do love how Auriels tits get bigger and perkier in this skin, just like every other female portrayed in this game. They really know their audience.

Zackat

wow $22.50 for the bundle... i mean, i bought it, but that is a lot.

I do love how Auriels tits get bigger and perkier in this skin, just like every other female portrayed in this game. They really know their audience.

this game doesn't have anything on other games I play with that. She just got demonic and shit, I mainly noticed how cool her wings look.

Zackat

I feel like you're taking what I said in the wrong way.

This game is pretty damn modest except for a few demonic skins, but they kind of play into that concept somewhat. I guess Li Ming has a boob window in her sailor moon outfit. Widowmaker Nova, but that's just Widowmaker. Tyrande is in her garb that she has been in since she has been a thing, and all her costumes cover her up.

In fact most of the skins in this game are pretty damn good about this.

Celegus

Not sure if he was streaming but played against and then with PallyTime while I playing auto-select. Won both games but he was super cool and played really smart the second game so that we could make a comeback.

This game is pretty damn modest except for a few demonic skins, but they kind of play into that concept somewhat. I guess Li Ming has a boob window in her sailor moon outfit. Widowmaker Nova, but that's just Widowmaker. Tyrande is in her garb that she has been in since she has been a thing, and all her costumes cover her up.

Are we playing the same game? Blizzard's female characters generally look like bikini models and the did not waste their chance to juice up some character models individually in HotS.

Kerrigan has frickin high heels

scoobs

Man idk, ever see chromies skin? It's basically every female. It's not a big deal but it's kind of ridiculous

Played some AI games with Auriel today cuz I'm not confident enough to play people yet, but she's super fun

hampig

Was being stupid with some friends and tried Auriel, Abathur, Morales, and Illidan in QM. Needless to say we were pummeled, but when we did have almost all our skills at the end, things seemed to go well. Our Illi took on an entire team that was two levels and one talent tier ahead with our support while our 5th (a dehaka) was out ignoring us. Pretty awesome to watch him just tear through them with the crazy amounts of attack speed.

scoobs

Was being stupid with some friends and tried Auriel, Abathur, Morales, and Illidan in QM. Needless to say we were pummeled, but when we did have almost all our skills at the end, things seemed to go well. Our Illi took on an entire team that was two levels and one talent tier ahead with our support while our 5th (a dehaka) was out ignoring us. Pretty awesome to watch him just tear through them with the crazy amounts of attack speed.
Uther Morales Abathur Auriel Illidan, doooooo it. Invulnerable 5009339482% attack speed illidan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom