• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

Oh my god Auriel is the best hero in the game. So fucking fun to play. Stunning people with her E leads to so many kills its crazy. I have like a 70% win rate with her.

Also, I've disabled ad block on HOTSlogs and yet it still won't let me use the site... what gives?

Alur

5ljPCFg.gif

Duress

I was reading up on Varian Wrynn, one of the rumoured heroes to be released next, and there's something about Onyxia splitting his consciousness into two but that he's eventually reunited. What if you pick one of his heroics/forms at 10, and can get the other at 20?

What if you can split yourself like Chen? lol

Ketch

that shits like so broken. it would nuts.

what if when you blink healed over to a teammate you cast emerald wind there too?

or what if you could transform into an archon and then force wall to stop people from running away from you?

what if you could berserker rage and then leap onto the enemy backline?

divine shield yourself then run into the middle of the enemy team and divine hurricane them.

hunt in, and then metamorphosis out.

lamb to the slaughter + furnace blast.

stage dive + mosh pit.

entomb + march

scoobs

that shits like so broken. it would nuts.

what if when you blink healed over to a teammate you cast emerald wind there too?

or what if you could transform into an archon and then force wall to stop people from running away from you?

what if you could berserker rage and then leap onto the enemy backline?

divine shield yourself then run into the middle of the enemy team and divine hurricane them.

hunt in, and then metamorphosis out.

lamb to the slaughter + furnace blast.

stage dive + mosh pit.

entomb + march
Ya but the real combo would be hop in on the enemy team with Kerrigan's Maelstrom and POP THE ULTRALISK FOR MASSIVE CLEAVE DAMAGE WOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOooooo
Seriously, how is this ability still in the game?

Alur

That shit is gonna be hype.

Also, awards/commendations after matches. I like this.

Alarak/Zeratul/Tassadar/Artanis. So many heroes that look relatively similar.

Not sure how I feel about Kerrigan getting the goggles from KT's other skin. lulz

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
were these heroes leaked? I havent heard anything about these 2

kirblar

Alarak looks like a Sith Lord. Very easy to tell apart.

Zarya was but the leaker thought she was further out. I don't remember if Alarak came up at all.

Alarak/Zeratul/Tassadar/Artanis. So many heroes that look relatively similar.

Not sure how I feel about Kerrigan getting the goggles from KT's other skin. lulz

The Kerrigan Legendary skinl looked really lackluster compared to previous legendaries we got.
Starcraft characters kinda need to look similar considering it's an RTS.

I know but Im asking if they were leaked before.

I don't think so.

Alur

Yep. No Sombra announcement for Overwatch is kind of surprising. Been teasing that hard.

Pretty happy with what they gave us. Starcraft maps have the potential to look the coolest in game. Never really played Starcraft to have much expectation beyond "f u t u r e b o y s". Super excited for Zarya and the commendation system tho.

EDIT: Butcherlisk and Raider Rexxar lol. Wow. Can't say I like those. The Kerrigan skin is fine on second glance, but not sure about "legendary". Warhead Junction has that plaguelands feel.

Alur

Just hope she ports like they claim. I want both the ability to charge up damage and the mitigation if you're good with the shields.

EDIT: I do wonder if her ult will charge like Tracer's (as they imply). That thing will be OpieOP if it is fairly easy to generate. It absolutely wrecks in OW.

kirblar

Just hope she ports like they claim. I want both the ability to charge up damage and the mitigation if you're good with the shields.

EDIT: I do wonder if her ult will charge like Tracer's (as they imply). That thing will be OpieOP if it is fairly easy to generate. It absolutely wrecks in OW.
All OW heroes having charging Ults is the right move. Helps differentiate them.

Pooya

Zarya is going to be fun if they translate it to this game right. Seems really hard to do though to get her energy/shield mechanic right and her ult is just broken :p

Maledict

ports? do you mean enters the battelfield? That was just a standard "new hero arriving" animation I think.

Update looks like a hell load of fun!

The Warhead map maybe looks a tad gimmicky, but the other one sounds amazing. Really looking forward to trying them out. I also need to start saving gold as both Alarak and Zarya have got me excited more than any other recent heroes.

Ketch

I imagine her kit will be self shield, shield other, and grenade. Her trait should be the whole energy building mechanic.... But then I wonder if she'll have to reload, would they put that on D? and I wonder if she'll be able to move and shoot, other wise the laser as an auto attack is gonna be lame and you won't really be able to take advantage of the increased damage... Unless maybe the increased damage will only apply to her grenade. Also, without a real disable she'll be hard to fit into a comp, like every other warrior without disable, unless the gravo is enough to make up for it.... Which it might.

ports? do you mean enters the battelfield? That was just a standard "new hero arriving" animation I think.

Think he means port as in ported from OW to Hots, like Tracer it's supposed to be a direct conversion.

Wonder how that would be applied to Pharrah if she ever makes it considering her attacks do AoE and how that would translate to AAs.

kirblar

I imagine her kit will be self shield, shield other, and grenade. Her trait should be the whole energy building mechanic.... But then I wonder if she'll have to reload, would they put that on D? and I wonder if she'll be able to move and shoot, other wise the laser as an auto attack is gonna be lame and you won't really be able to take advantage of the increased damage... Unless maybe the increased damage will only apply to her grenade. Also, without a real disable she'll be hard to fit into a comp, like every other warrior without disable, unless the gravo is enough to make up for it.... Which it might.
We'll know soon, she's going to be playable on the floor. I'd assume "if tracer has it, Zarya has it" for now.

Countess Kerrigan > Ghost Kerrigan imo. But we know exactly who the market is for that. (SC fans and.....nova fans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom