• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Just finished my TL games too, all just rando groups from the TL channel. A couple duds were super bad, but I went 8-2 and got Plat 3 so I'm happy with that.

Alur

I hope I can finish mine tonight. Just need two games. Don't wanna miss out on the portrait.

EDIT: Blizzard doing showmatches of GFE vs Denial (Braxis Holdout) September 15th and Dignitas vs Fanatic (Warhead Junction) September 29th to showcase the two maps. $5,000 will be awarded in each set of matches.

That's a pretty good payday for ~2 hours of work. Theoretically the teams could split 3 to 2 and still each get a dece payout.

Strider

I'm the PPD of HotS
smile.gif

shoutout to the gaffers who i did TL with. Honesty time, I havent done a ranked in match since the preseason.

but im gonna play more next season.

In other news, i was curious to get some opinions. As we head to blizzcon korea and china dominated last year and both continue to look amazing. So the question that stands is, has NA and EU gotten any better? Or did the Rosterpocalyse leave em without the time they need?

Milly79

GGs, Wonder! Was fun, aside from the first one (somewhat).

Side note, I cannot believe it took me so long to play Auriel, but she is so fucking fun. Paired with CG, it's near unstoppable.

Strider

who is PPD

All you need to know is that even tho I only play on occasion the game always feels like I need to be the one drafting for my team for some reason lol I don't even know what half the heroes do anymore.

Think I'll be playing more Often again though. Unranked draft mode really is the best thing ever

Maledict

I like the reduced map pool.

Watching mvp this morning, and I have to ask - do they have another play style beyond team fighting and abusing melee bruisers? I mean, they are amazingly good at it, but every comp seemed to have the same basic goal - get Greymane or an equivalent, and protect the hell out of them as they kill a team. They even did it with Muradin which I thought was cute, but ultimately boiled down to the same style.

Also great to see Auriel play - she's such a good hero!

brian!

I like the reduced map pool.

Watching mvp this morning, and I have to ask - do they have another play style beyond team fighting and abusing melee bruisers? I mean, they are amazingly good at it, but every comp seemed to have the same basic goal - get Greymane or an equivalent, and protect the hell out of them as they kill a team. They even did it with Muradin which I thought was cute, but ultimately boiled down to the same style.

Also great to see Auriel play - she's such a good hero!

It's half comfort half efficiency id say, melee is still the shit for a lot of map obj too. Their medivh play tho, so good

Daily Quests are now available to all players, beginning at account level 1.
New Daily Quest: Play 3 games
Reward: 300 Gold
This is the only Daily Quest that level 1 players can receive and will only be available until account level 11. After reaching level 11, it will be replaced by the Play 8 Games quest.
How much gold would that be for new players if they only play 3 games per day until lvl 11?
Not sure they thought this one completely through and people will be advised to stop playing after the quest is completed.

Alur

Nice, 6500 gold just for logging in. Thanks Blizz. Now I have 83,000. Guess I can buy Alarak for 15k?

How much gold would that be for new players if they only play 3 games per day until lvl 11?
Not sure they thought this one completely through and people will be advised to stop playing after the quest is completed.

Who is gonna advise them, though? These are the same people that can't be assed to check for proper builds or how to play the game beyond staying in one lane when they start. Doubt they're gonna seek out this info either.

Anyone know how much the Machines of War bundle is? I own all the existing heroes except Alarak (of course). I want Alaraks and all those skins and mounts!

Owning just Kerrigan, Butcher, and Rexxar, the bundle will cost $44.11. Full price is $59.78.

Alur

I agree with that, it'll be on reddit. Just don't know that those new players are gonna seek out information is what I'm saying.

brian!

I tried an all auto attack valla before the mid-ptr patch but wasnt really feeling it, hybrid seemed still the way to go, at least before the patch

Her ult change is so great, maybe too strong

Alur

It'd be true video game hell for me to play on Cursed Hollow every game. The visuals of that map are so drab and depressing. The map itself is cool, but I never have liked it's look (or most of the early maps, TBH). Sky Temple was a nice change of pace to spice things up back in the day.

patchday

All you need to know is that even tho I only play on occasion the game always feels like I need to be the one drafting for my team for some reason lol I don't even know what half the heroes do anymore.

Think I'll be playing more Often again though. Unranked draft mode really is the best thing ever

havent touched HL since. I was only doing ranked due to drafts. Its both good and bad for the game.

Alur

Basically everyone at this point. He's in a bad spot. A far cry from where he was last Spring when everyone in here was clamoring about him. :(

Strider

I'm def not the person to ask because idk what even half the heroes do anymore because theyve added/changed a lot... but of the characters I'm familiar with.... I won't pick murky into sylvanas and she's picked in every single game I've played so far in draft mode.

That alone means I won't pick him

Alur

With the amount of cleanses and heroes who can basically negate pufferfish (or Murky himself) it's hard to play him now. I wish that wasn't the case, or at least things weren't tilted so heavily against him. He's probably the most countered/easily countered hero in the game at this point.

With the amount of cleanses and heroes who can basically negate pufferfish (or Murky himself) it's hard to play him now. I wish that wasn't the case, or at least things weren't tilted so heavily against him. He's probably the most countered/easily countered hero in the game at this point.

Right next to Chromie.

Zackat

Don't care it's Tron, that's enough for me.

Still hesitant to buy a bigass bundle like that. Especially when I don't play Kerrigan or Rexxar that much. Will probably end up waiting for the holiday sale again.

Alur

These dudes continue to be positively grimey with the new release bundles. Lumping all the skins in to get the mounts too is rough considering the price

Normally I don't like these big bundles, but Butcher and Rexxar are two of my favorite and most-played heroes, and I'm really starting to get into Kerrigan. Totally buying it tonight.

protonium

Fuck Chromie.

Edit:
Starting today, the pool of Battlegrounds available in all modes, except Custom Games, will be temporarily limited to the following:
Braxis Holdout
Towers of Doom
Cursed Hollow
Sky Temple
Infernal Shrines
Tomb of the Spider Queen

Queue for QM, get BoE. Patch checks out.

Alur

Inevitable. He's been dominating for a long time. Til he stops he'll keep getting hit.

I wonder if those maps came back in when they fixed the bug that was forcing everyone to get only Cursed Hollow.

scoobs

I genuinely enjoyed the WarCraft movie, and just bought Gul'Dan with gold last week. Dammit.

He's pretty mediocre, but if you build for his Corruption ability you can do some rather absurd burst damage late in the game w/ his Fear ult.

I really enjoy playing him even if I think he's a pretty bad hero.

As for Falstad, he got an indirect buff w/ the nerf to mount speed (makes his flight ability that much more powerful on large maps). They probably also need to hit his auto attack damage as well, as he is currently the only mage that still has high attack damage, which is kind of a weird oversight.

ALARAK IS SO FUN THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom