• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Watched McIntyre and chu8 play some Alarak at times last night. Was more impressed than I expected to be. Definitely not a hero for me, but seemed like he could make some plays.

brian!

Yeah he was scary in ptr, his push seems strong but hea really weak to a bunch of things, esp. if valla is doing her comeback

Alavard

I would call him more of a tank disruptor than killer. He seems to more screw up a Tank enough that his allies can tear them apart rather than he himself doing all the damage.

I would call him more of a tank disruptor than killer. He seems to more screw up a Tank enough that his allies can tear them apart rather than he himself doing all the damage.
Probably more apt description
Im not familiar with his talents but the only tank killy thing i see on him is his silence
Yeah his point was that the silence fucks up all their sustain, disruption and disengage. Few tanks just stay alive because they are beefy.

Proven

Auriel is the new standard for how to build a support hero. Once you go Auriel, you never go back.

This. I played her with friends last night for a few games. Almost instantly bought her. If I play any games with her tonight it's over.

Crystal Aegis feels like a support ult from Overwatch. You feel like such a boss when you pop it right.

I don't know when to do it right. I saved it for divine palm like moments.

Isn't that futile unless you have an immediate heal? Isn't "when would I ice block if I were this guy" the right way to think about it, with the aoe attached to it sometimes superseding that decision.

I can't Ice Block on time anyway

Isn't that futile unless you have an immediate heal? Isn't "when would I ice block if I were this guy" the right way to think about it, with the aoe attached to it sometimes superseding that decision.

I can't Ice Block on time anyway

from my experience using it if I use it palm style and the person im saving has the hat then thats problematic, but if im hatting someone else, usually ill have enough energy back by the time it expires. I can usually get a heal off and knock an enemy back

scoobs

I don't know when to do it right. I saved it for divine palm like moments.

Should be used when a teammate is being dived on. You can basically treat it like her very own form of Cleanse. Saving it for low health targets isnt that great (although can still work) because when they get out theyre still low HP.

bizzle

Neo Member
No one ever says anything to me when I use it, so I usually just end up feeling like I'm trolling.

What builds are you guys using with her?

Alur

Definitely use it to negate burst and cleanse. Using it as palm is inefficient cause usually they die anyway unless you can secure kills/have a second healer in that time frame.. I made that mistake the first few games too.

scoobs

Alarak seems like he might be pretty meh. He's fun as hell to play though. Kerrigan is just a better version of him

Alur

Oh so now you're calling me a noob with an oreo 2-1 record???

You asked for advice breh lol.

I think Auriel works best with you on it instead of me. She requires more aggression, and you healing me and whoever works better than the other way around in that regard.

Proven

With how good Aegis is, watch Ressurect get slowly buffed to the point where it's almost too good over the next year.

I was actually thinking the same thing earlier today. The only thing is, it's a little too win more in its current state anyhow.

scoobs

I think Aegis will always be better because it gives her a cleanse that she so desperately needs to be viable in a lot of comps. Resurrect is a troll pick that is super fun to use with Cho'Gall and that's about it. I don't even know what you could do to Resurrect to make it competitively viable.

Alur

Just as an observer (haven't purchased him myself), Alarak's charge is the shit to watch in action. I hope he makes it into competitive. There's some exciting stuff that can come from that.

scoobs

ya but if you ran double support you could have 2 cleanses if you took Aegis. Still think thats way better than having a resurrect. I think its ok if resurrect is just a fun ultimate that nobody really uses outside of quick match.

brian!

Yeah same i dont really want it to be too usable. Res would def be better than crystal if it was good tho, you just get a lot more value off a spell like that and it allows ppl to go harder

Ketch

Yo. This ones for Milly. From the funny pics thread:

mWJfLqc.gif

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I played some matches with Auriel for the first time last night, and wow I really love her design. Very fun and effective support character, I could see her possibly becoming my favorite support even over Rhegar, my current favorite. I think I’ll be buying her this week.

I did notice though that I had a terribly long queue time with her, but as soon as I’d pick any other hero I’d get an almost instant match. Feels like everyone is playing Auriel, lol.

Milly79

Yo. This ones for Milly. From the funny pics thread:

mWJfLqc.gif

Holy shit. Saved. That is so good.

So I played some matches with Auriel for the first time last night, and wow I really love her design. Very fun and effective support character, I could see her possibly becoming my favorite support even over Rhegar, my current favorite. I think I’ll be buying her this week.

I did notice though that I had a terribly long queue time with her, but as soon as I’d pick any other hero I’d get an almost instant match. Feels like everyone is playing Auriel, lol.

Yeah, she's really, really good. Seen a lot of Tyrande lately, no idea why either. People picking her when we need a more effective healer then bitch we can't get anything done because we're all dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom