• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrimzero

Finally became the focus of a toxic player.

Was playing Unranked and he didn't like my choice of character and how I played it.

Been playing this game for a month now and still surprised at the toxicity in the fan base. Just turning the game on brings up all the trolling in general chat right there for you to see.

Milly79

You should leave general asap. There are plenty of other good channels to join if you're looking for groups.

Also, what are you guys favorite mounts?

Mine are:
1) Nexus Charger (that I'll never have)
2) Felstalker
3) Golden Tiger

brian!

for a while i liked the battle beast because of the name but I usually use the horse
i like to put heavier ppl on the horse

least favorite: mechanospider

oh i use the hearthstone card for zeratul for some reason, it just feels right

Dreavus

Haven't played in a while but I like that free phantom horse they gave out a while ago for Diablo 3. It has good colours for "matching" tons of different heroes.

protonium

HotS really tries my patience. In QM:

Us: Hammer, Leo, Zera, Tychus, Auriel
Them: Stitches, Tychus, Gul'dan, Tyrael, Kharazim

- Zera went 0-5. Good thing he took gathering power.
- Hammer didn't know he can attack while not sieged. You'd think dying 7 times from sieging>corruption or w/e it's called, hook, ded would make one question their choices;
think again.
- Leo would repeatedly engage and re-engage in team fights a talent down and/or 1-3 heroes down

FeelsScrubMan

Edit: The magic of QM. 3 Gazlowes in a row on my team. Vs double mages 3 games in a row. Queue as Nova and...vs no mages, just a Nova, Zera, Lunara, Naz and Zag. Gotta love it.

Alur

I wish daddy warbucks Qruul would be nice to his son on Xmas and get him that '14 digital code :D

Damn breh $200-300 for a dude who only plays w/ me 2 or 3 times a week? I'm lonely over chea

stmlLOA.gif

I miss the old Milly
Logged in ready to go Milly
Salt in his soul Milly
On the Blizzcon road Milly

For some reason I hope MG gets absolutely demolished at Blizzcon.

If it were based simply off of Cattle's appearances on THH, I'd be with you.

HotS really tries my patience.

Yes.

Duress

Butcher on mounts is stupid. He holds his weapons and no reigns. The only good way to go about it is with the team mounts and card mounts.

I just went back to this after about 6 months away. I am now playing on a gaming laptop but the performance of the game is beyond terrible on every setting.

On high it seems to play OK, but once I start lowering the settings it starts using MORE VRAM and performing even worse.

Once I put everything on LOW, even lowered the sound channels FPS would drop to below 30 sometimes.

I just want smooth gameplay, is this even possible?

My computer is:

Nvidia 960m 4GB
8GB DDR4 Ram
intel i5-6300HQ 2.3GHz Quad Core
128GB SSD + 1TB HDD

My old desktop was worse than this laptop and performed better.

Pooya

You need a 3.5 to 4GHz CPU to maintain high framerate in this game. Your GPU is overkill even for extreme setting otherwise. A laptop CPU can't do that.

Milly79

Lol, Slick. Sounds like the exact problem I had when I purchased an msi gaming laptop a few weeks back. Similar specs, couldn't play hots or ow on low without it stuttering at times.

Lol, Slick. Sounds like the exact problem I had when I purchased an msi gaming laptop a few weeks back. Similar specs, couldn't play hots or ow on low without it stuttering at times.

Overwatch is better but still not ideal, battlefield 1 ran at 60fps on mostly medium settings as well.

It's not like any of my components are bad though they should be fine handling a game like hots, LoL runs super smooth but I don't want to play that!

Pilgrimzero

Is there a way to tell the game you don't want to move? Like I want to shoot a guy but he may move before I click and thus I click the ground and start moving

Alur

Click + A lets you attack move. You click to move to a point, hit a to stand and attack. It allows you to chase down people while auto attacking without just walking face first into them. It also works for what you're saying, though you shouldn't really ever be standing still while auto attacking. Best to teach yourself to stutter step as best you can.

Watching Glau play Zera and this Auriel Aegises for damage all the time which isn't necessarily a bad idea but she tried comboing it with VP by Aegising Glau...

Seems like there's some really high priority for Auriel in high mmr HL right now but not that many that are good at her.

Maledict

so whats the new Team Liquid roster? I saw they had BKB back, who else joined the,? Not the return of the spanish brothers as expected...

so whats the new Team Liquid roster? I saw they had BKB back, who else joined the,? Not the return of the spanish brothers as expected...

Sphyxi is the other and cris played, and lost, against them on epunks apparently. According to masterleague.net. That must have been the scrimming BKB was doing while Hasuobs and Mene were hanging out at his place.

OGN MVP vs Tempo is live.

Svafnir

So I was rank 1 pre season and placed into high platinum. Kinda fell off with the game and only played when drunk and tanked myself to gold 3. Been stuck in an mmr hell lately with dcs and horrible team mates...

This last game. The Malfurion in draft is talking spanish, disconnects first 30 seconds of the game and we still somehow win.

God damn. First game I ever won in hero league with a bot from the very start.

It's come to the point where I actually think I'm outclassing most of my teammates and opponents and should start to be able to carry my team.
Gotta finally brush up on rotations and map timings come next patch since the times I go for camps and how I do rotations are pretty random.

Some of the things I encounter still baffle me, people not being able to spot stealth, people who waste punisher jumps, people who rather lane while we're doing a boss attempt and fail even to dismount the obvious attempt to stop us,...
It's not just the teammates but opponents as well. I'm straight up outplaying them, juking them, predicting their actions,... and it's not like I'm particularly good, my opponents are just very, very bad.

Alavard

Well, today's the last full day of Season 1. I actually managed to finish my TL placements this time so the mount will be mine. Some of the pickup TL games I did from the 'team league' NA channel were actually quite enjoyable. A few people even had discords up.

We don't have anything official on any changes for Season 2 yet do we? I mean, in terms of chances to or team size requirements for HL/TL or other aspects of the season. I read recently that there was consideration of changing HL to solo only and allowing all other party sizes into TL, but only saw discussion, not confirmation.

Proven

So, since I'm trying to just earn gold for Zarya and any other hero that catches my eyes, over the past week I've forced myself into Hero League. The posts I made before were in part me being mad at the meta as I was studying drafting and such. The last time I put myself through Hero League was many moons ago during the long pre-season, and with the last game I played I was rank 47 I think. I don't remember anymore, but I'm guessing everyone had to start from 50, right?

Finished my last placement game just now with a janky setup I'd heard about from some podcast called Meta of the Storm last night. It involved Butcher and second support Li Li.

So you don't have to click on my imgur link, I got Plat 2! I did it GAF! Thanks for the encouragement to play with an eye for my personal hero pool. Most of my wins were with Anub, Tychus, and Thrall and I just stayed away from Supports until this game.

Edit: figured out what was causing the problem. Forgot to add .jpg.

Alur

Your image embed didn't work, but grats man!

EDIT: Also, dat Li Li skin. Don't let Milly corrupt you with his Dora the Explorer Li Li talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom