• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

You said earlier that Fan may have had some beef with iDream I think? I kinda wonder how close Dunktrain is with those guys post C9. They said there were issues behind the scenes, but 3 of the main 4 players got the band back together...meanwhile, Dunk is just chilling. Seems obvious where the friction was.

I do kind of wish he had stayed in the scene so that Kaeyoh could have his spot for events. I like Dunk being part of the show, but honestly prefer Kaeyoh and he's just completely boxed out by Dread and Dunk going into this because they have bigger personalities/names.

It's good though to have the ex C9 perspective from dunk but generally agree. Kaeyoh is such a nice dude but he does seem to do very well with his streams donations just keep coming and not in pennies.

brian!

You said earlier that Fan may have had some beef with iDream I think? I kinda wonder how close Dunktrain is with those guys post C9. They said there were issues behind the scenes, but 3 of the main 4 players got the band back together...meanwhile, Dunk is just chilling. Seems obvious where the friction was.

I do kind of wish he had stayed in the scene so that Kaeyoh could have his spot for events. I like Dunk being part of the show, but honestly prefer Kaeyoh and he's just completely boxed out by Dread and Dunk going into this because they have bigger personalities/names.

literally read it off a reddit comment, think nothing of it lol, i'm just absorbing all the juicy gossip (however...pretty much the only time I've seen emotions from fan was getting dat sweet vengeance)
I think if Kaeyoh sticks w/ it it's only a matter of time, he's great

Alur

I love Kaeyoh casting. I think he has a good voice for it and he's expressive in a way that some of the folks (*cough*Jake*cough*) cannot be without yelling.

Does Kaeyoh stream often, Familie? I've gotten out of the habit of checking. If he's streaming daily that's pretty cool.

brian!

the difference in the way kaeyoh conveys passion for the game vs. jake is incredible

the cattle vs. bakery debate on boe (cattle hates it) vs. infernal (bake hates it) is funny because it's so related to how each region plays

Alur

That was one of the OG Tempo guys saying Kaeyoh was sneaky and they were sure he did the Funyuns. Might've even been Zoia who said it, not sure. Think they said he tells "white lies" a lot or something like that.

EDIT: brian! has the VOD.

Zuna says "The reason why I think it was Kaeyoh is because Kaeyoh is the type of person who would literally lie in front of you for no good reason."

EDITx2: I miss the Coob and Zoia. Let's trade Jake for them.

Alur

Yep. That seemed kind of a flimsy argument honestly. Could've easily just been him referring to having read about it or whatever. The other stuff they talked about would be more fitting for that kind of label than the Windows thing.

Alur

Kenma docked a month's pay and forced to issue a half-apology.

lol, at least they went through the charade of punishing him. More than I would've expected, but hard to believe it's sincere given how toxic the ownership/management group is as well.

Milly79

Are they gonna dock the entire orgs pay for being dicks as well? Doubt it. He'll still be a dick when he sees how his owner acts.

brian!

i guess they could dock themselves in solidarity

this reddit post is pretty fun if only for helping me imagine an amoeba w/ kenma's face on it:
a3ee1c27b965400ca1ca372c6a128fde.png

Alur

I guess, maybe. A month's pay to me or you is a big deal. Not really sure they get enough in a month (not counting tournament winnings) for it to be a huge blow, though. I assume most/all of them are subsidized by their dorm/parents/girlfriends/whatever and the money they make is gravy...otherwise more of them would stream.

Ketch

can anyone post or link me to the OG comments that started this all? was it just kenma saying fan is overrated? why the apology?

Alur

https://www.twitch.tv/lameosaurus/v/88020039?t=03h55m00s

There's the timestamped part of the VOD.

tl:dr

kenma gets salty at random in the game, rentaro jokes at him, he takes her serious and calls her ugly and stuff, she calls him the most toxic pro, etc etc, they start pissing contest, fan says nothing, turbo comes out the winner and role model

here's an imgur link to just the entire chat if you don't wanna watch it live on the VOD:

http://imgur.com/a/8jbGH

Ketch

<3

also, fuckin turbo. what a guy.

also also, lol @ take the high road. Today I learned taking the high road means not shitting on strangers.

Alur

Turbo is a pro's pro. Dude is either the snarkiest motherfucker alive (Thank you sir!) or so chill that he's probably Joe Montana's kid.

We also learned that even insulting Fan's girlfriend won't get a rise out of him.

brian!

Turbo is a pro's pro. Dude is either the snarkiest motherfucker alive (Thank you sir!) or so chill that he's probably Joe Montana's kid.

We also learned that even insulting Fan's girlfriend won't get a rise out of him.

Dude's mo is 100% that seinfeld gif in all situations, he just wants no space for anyone to jump on him ever

Alur

Probably even more reason to respect him TBH. I'd have been salty sober, if I was drunk there's no telling what I would've responded with.

Alur

Lol

Listening to the latest THH (which is good and in general have been dece the past few weeks) and holy shit I dislike the way Cattle sounds. Like almost more than I hate the way I sound. He's all in on that vocal rasp like he's too lazy or too cool to talk. So annoying to listen to.

Alur

I hadn't noticed that (though he clearly hates BoE), but it's a struggle listening to him without wanting to be like "sit up and speak up!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom