• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

protonium

https://twitter.com/nvt_zuna/status/777586571729965056

lol Zuna... my reply in there. Can't really say shit about dunk when kenma is still a thing.

But Zuna's such a nice guy. /s

Nice tweet. Both of them got carried by the rest of NVT.

What did Dunk even say? I was watching their series on low volume.

Woot! So I finally got my first level 10 hero today:

Yeah yeah I know, most of you all have multiple 10's, I just don't play anywhere near as much as the majority does, lol.

Congrats! Are you liking the Hammer buffs? It didn't seem like it took much to take her from terrible to viable.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
You buy that dank master skin tho?

No, though I am thinking about it. Hammer is one of (if not THE) my favorite heroes in the game, I play her every chance I get, so I may just spend the 10K gold to get it. I'm also thinking of spending another 10K on Auriel as I find her my favorite support to play now, she's fun.

I've been hoarding gold so I've got like 80K+ right now, lol.

Congrats! Are you liking the Hammer buffs? It didn't seem like it took much to take her from terrible to viable.

I've always found Hammer very strong, but yeah the buffs helped even more! I wish seige tanks were this much fun in SC2, hah!!!

Kioshen

Why is Tracer so much fun yet so bad at the same time. It's probably me that's the problem but man is she a handful. I die to anything roaming around.

Milly79

Wasn't it said somewhere that if you get 10 MVP votes you got something? Well, that's actually not true.

If you get 8-10 votes, the little glowy light that goes through your hero turns yellow/gold. Yep, that's it.

scoobs

Wasn't it said somewhere that if you get 10 MVP votes you got something? Well, that's actually not true.

If you get 8-10 votes, the little glowy light that goes through your hero turns yellow/gold. Yep, that's it.

Well technically that is "something"

protonium

I could've told you that...

W9OSoOZ.jpg

scoobs

Just waited 5 minutes for an unranked game where my entire team was solo, and the enemy team was a 5 stack. Apparently it couldn't find a good match and said "fuck it"

brian!

Would have been a fun thread to read

Oh also major props to jason for both roleswapping and adjusting the swap to the team's style w/ 0 practice, dude has been such a valuable pickup

Zarya live on ptr right now apparently

Alavard

The short-term Malfurion changes look pretty good too. Innvervate now granting cooldown reduction means that suddenly he gains some worth when paired up with characters without mana.

brian!

The nazeebo changes look pretty good, had to rub my eyes a bit w/ the lvl 4 talent, like maybe im bad at math but that shit looks ridiculous?

brian!

A lot of these changes seem pretty op on paper, etc can forever give teammates block now? It's cool that they made his waveclear a bit better, stage dive was already good. Etc is even more a support now i like it

Kioshen

Now that I've purged Tracer out of my system by losing 10 games in a row, any recent tier list i can look at to work on heroes that are actually worth learning properly to not be such a dead weight any time Qruul and Milly invite me ?

Kioshen

Playing tracer during hammer free week hasn't been a fun experience. I know tracer is not a bad hero but she needs something specific to shine. Not gonna happen very often in qm. I had fun tormenting Alaraks and Thralls all day in lane but other than that I fear hammers and Lunaras among other heroes.

I'll look around for tier lists but with the coming ptr changes doubt it'll be good for long either.

brian!

come play paragon. it's fun and matches are short. also, it has deck building.

"Matches are short"

Im starting to get into it though, but im not feeling the card stuff at all still

I might be on ptr later tonight too, these changes look outrageous

Ketch

i guess my experience with dota has colored my perception of match length.

the matches are shorter then dota!

@alavard also that link is to an old post, I'm pretty sure they posted something recently that said they've gotten average match length down to 39 minutes or something.

brian!

They're short because ketch is a carrying monsta

Yeah ive been playing dota a bunch w/ a friend and paragon is slightly shorter in my experience but i also dunno timings in either games or how to start the game finishing process

Alavard

E.T.C.'s new lvl 4 talent Crowd Surfer (Powerslide can now travel over walls and unpathable areas) is huge. No more outjuking him, and he should be able to go escape more abilities he couldn't before.

Ketch

E.T.C.'s new lvl 4 talent Crowd Surfer (Powerslide can now travel over walls and unpathable areas) is huge. No more outjuking him, and he should be able to go escape more abilities he couldn't before.

Or slide through the wall and mosh pit your team from the fog. Pls blizzard

Alavard

Or slide through the wall and mosh pit your team from the fog. Pls blizzard

He's had enough other talents move around that I don't want to pass judgement on him yet, but the addition feels totally unnecessary, and I say that as someone who plays a fair bit of E.T.C. Between that and the additional wave clear they gave him, I'm worried about him becoming super OP, despite the things he lost.

brian!

I like that talent a lot but id say it's more usable for escaping (since terrain will eat up a bunch of your distance) and they moved loud speakers to 4 too

I like the nerf to mosh and buff to dive with the waveclear too, lots of changes this ptr seem op

protonium

Who in their right minds would pick Speed Metal (+10% move speed) on ETC over Crowd Surfer (Q over terrain) or even Loud Speakers (increased range and knock back on W), other than some who complained about the -10% mount speed change.

protonium

I like that talent a lot but id say it's more usable for escaping (since terrain will eat up a bunch of your distance) and they moved loud speakers to 4 too

I like the nerf to mosh and buff to dive with the waveclear too, lots of changes this ptr seem op

How was mosh nerfed?

Ketch

Who in their right minds would pick Speed Metal (+10% move speed) on ETC over Crowd Surfer (Q over terrain) or even Loud Speakers (increased range and knock back on W), other than some who complained about the -10% mount speed change.

move speed is underrated. especially when it's not available on everyone.

brian!

it wasn't picked as much as it should have been at 16 (the w slow at 13 (also nerfed on ptr) was also underused vs. something like groupies which a lot of ppl defaulted to without thinking), I'm uncertain about 10% though, I don't really know what that looks like, like when i pick the 10% upgrade on rehgar i don't feel too different even though I know it does make a difference

it wasn't picked as much as it should have been at 16 (the w slow at 13 (also nerfed on ptr) was also underused vs. something like groupies which a lot of ppl defaulted to without thinking), I'm uncertain about 10% though, I don't really know what that looks like, like when i pick the 10% upgrade on rehgar i don't feel too different even though I know it does make a difference

that feels really impactful whenever you z and get away

protonium

Well, Warhead Junction's going to be a great map when your team doesn't group and your keep gets backdoored with nukes with all forts standing. Can't wait!

Alur

Is the plague toads thing really a nerf, though? From what I read it's 2 charges which = 6 toads instead of 1 use at 5 toads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom