• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werd

Anyone here who needs to level up Cho'Gall? Figured I might get them to level 5 for that precious $1 worth of gold while there is double XP.

Got them when they were free but never played.

scoobs

Nazeebo is one of my favorites, I'm so happy to see them give him some attention. The gargantuan changes are a little depressing though

scoobs

Zarya seems pretty strong on PTR.

Happy/sad to say her ult is just as vicious in HOTS as it was in OW.

I think both of her ults are super good. Nobody will use her other ult for the first month or so until they realize how insane it is. It makes her such a good ganker, drop that sucker in front of the enemy gates and they have nowhere to go. The cooldown is so short, she will be a terror

Alur

Yeah another Zarya pinned me in and killed me with it earlier. I don't think it has the value of the other, at least not for a straight up fight, but it's definitely more useful than most second ults.

She hasn't yelled about going for the ovaltine once though :(

scoobs

Ya but the cooldown is really long, and its basically a worse version of mosh pit since the enemy players can still control their heroes (and blink out if they have it). I'm pretty convinced the other ult is at least as good, if not better than the Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Alur

I feel like it's a better mosh since you can't interrupt it. I haven't had anyone escape from it yet. Either they can't or don't know they can. We've gotten 3 or 4 full team wipes off of it in 3 games now. Had another guy use the second ult and kill our Nazeebo though, it was pretty hilarious.

Energy generation seems easier in HOTS than it is in OW too.

I've got the play 8 games and win 3 games quest today guess which one I'm closer to completing.

Auriel is great, though she doesn't help if you're playing with morons that refuse to back and heal up even if you remind them to.

scoobs

I feel like it's a better mosh since you can't interrupt it. I haven't had anyone escape from it yet. Either they can't or don't know they can. We've gotten 3 or 4 full team wipes off of it in 3 games now. Had another guy use the second ult and kill our Nazeebo though, it was pretty hilarious.

Energy generation seems easier in HOTS than it is in OW too.

Well with Mosh everyone is stunned and can't do anything at all about it unless there is an interrupt, with Zarya's people can keep casting heals/ults/damage on your team, all it does it smush everyone together for wombo potential. Mosh is significantly better if you can get it off.

The dream team for Zarya is ETC & Zagara. Imagine a Maw, into a blackhole, into a mosh pit.

I really love the talent that lets her shield 2 people standing next to eachother. Basically means an instantly full energy bar for insane damage burst. She's going to be so awesome, I'm giddy!

Alur

Yeah the double shield talent is great. I've just been going all in on shields.

McIntyre doesn't seem too hot on her. From the games I've played, though, (both as her and against her) she's been a huge factor. Very tanky, saves teammates regularly, etc. Wish you could see how much damage you shield up. Haha, he said she was a worse Medivh.

scoobs

Sure do love professional players giving definitive ratings of heroes that have been out for like 6 hours. Remember when Auriel couldn't possibly be a solo support because of no cleanse and too reliant on your allies? Good times. They're always wrong.

Zarya's kit is too powerful for her to not be at least a very good off-tank. I would bet large sums of fake MOBA currency that Zarya will be considered tier 1 or tier 2 in a month.

Alur

The ability to shield allies (and then have it split into 2 shields later on) is just so good. I get where at cursory glance it could be considered like Medivh, but just by virtue of her being so tanky thanks to her own shield (and damage going up due to said shields) it seems mighty useful.

Kioshen

Anyone here who needs to level up Cho'Gall? Figured I might get them to level 5 for that precious $1 worth of gold while there is double XP.

Got them when they were free but never played.

Yeah I do. Never played the two heroes so add me if you want : Kioshen#1754.

Edit: How much is the Zarya bundle ? She's one of my favorites in OW so I might consider dropping some cash on hots which I haven't in a while.

Maledict

This 'never siege until 16' hammer build is ridiculous. She does *so* much damage as a standard auto attacker, and then once you hit graduating range she's just a nightmare. You need a really well co-ordinated team to beat her, and it's a lot easier to play defend the hammer than it is to play dive the hammer, execution wise.

brian!

Yeah hammer is overtuned atm and more ppl are playing her correctly. Id recommend executioner over graduated, but graduated/hover can murder certain comps

Alur

Had fun playing Zarya last night. Since Alarak is nigh useless without a coordinated group IMO, fun to have her so close on the horizon.

Maledict

Yeah hammer is overtuned atm and more ppl are playing her correctly. Id recommend executioner over graduated, but graduated/hover can murder certain comps

I never have anyone to enable executioner it seems - otherwise I'd absolutely be picking that every time.

Alur

Not like you'd play that melee assassin anyway breh

I'd play him if you could play him in solo/duo queue. :D

Tempo Storm is out btw.

Tempo Storm stays losing =/ Was really hoping they'd be rewarded for their investment (not necessarily cause I actually like the team), but now I won't be shocked if we have both MVP teams at Blizzcon after none last year.

Still surprised no one has stepped up to sponsor Murlocs. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they have the best showing from NA at globals/worlds this year. Not because they are the best we've sent, but because they play smart and don't rely on greed to get their ends. NVT and C9 always wanted to team fight, but the Korean teams are just plain better at that style. Maybe this map-based style of Murlocs can at least get them out of the group stage. I doubt it, but I have more hope than I did in Summer globals.

brian!

Yeah i dunno what is going on w/ denial internally but they are a mess right now, for murlocs to do well they are going to have to scrim outside of na asap

Im juggling like 4 mobas atm lol

Tempo Storm stays losing =/ Was really hoping they'd be rewarded for their investment (not necessarily cause I actually like the team), but now I won't be shocked if we have both MVP teams at Blizzcon after none last year.

Still surprised no one has stepped up to sponsor Murlocs. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they have the best showing from NA at globals/worlds this year. Not because they are the best we've sent, but because they play smart and don't rely on greed to get their ends. NVT and C9 always wanted to team fight, but the Korean teams are just plain better at that style. Maybe this map-based style of Murlocs can at least get them out of the group stage. I doubt it, but I have more hope than I did in Summer globals.

Korean scene somehow flourished the last year they now have 4 great teams.

Can't wrap my head around murlocs, can't believe they won both. NA get yo shit together, NVT and GFE missing Blizzcon are ya kidding me?
It's like you collectively decided to suck.

brian!

Tracer loves shields so i imagine itd be pretty strong.

I have ~20k saved up, i know medivh is gonna be a pickup but im pretty torn between tracer/gmane/auriel

Na collectively deciding to suck feels real

Alur

We def collectively suck. I'll cheer for the teams from the west, but Dig is our only semi-hope IMO. And I don't even think that's a good one since they just roster swapped too. Maybe Athero will bring back his Blizzcon magic.

Alur

This gonna be the face of all the Denial players after they get smoked at Blizzcon:

aRgZpqZ.gif

and then the team implodes.

This 'never siege until 16' hammer build is ridiculous. She does *so* much damage as a standard auto attacker, and then once you hit graduating range she's just a nightmare. You need a really well co-ordinated team to beat her, and it's a lot easier to play defend the hammer than it is to play dive the hammer, execution wise.

Graduating Range takes time to build up and there are a shitton of ranged heroes and abilities that can tag Hammer from outside her siege range or, worse, from the fog. Li-Ming, Kael'thas and, in particular, Chromie with the Dragon's Breathe damage farming talent can be a nightmare to play against. A Chromie combo can nearly delete Hammer.

Maledict

Graduating Range takes time to build up and there are a shitton of ranged heroes and abilities that can tag Hammer from outside her siege range or, worse, from the fog. Li-Ming, Kael'thas and, in particular, Chromie with the Dragon's Breathe damage farming talent can be a nightmare to play against. A Chromie combo can nearly delete Hammer.

Agreed - but Chromie is far worse than hammer overall, and hammer doesn't even need to Seige. She's a monster unseiged now.

Alur

It's definitely spread out. Tons of little skirmishes cause you can't just group up and deathball.

We won a game on it last night without even hardly using the objective.

MOST HERO LEAGUE WINS AS NOVA

BATTLETAG TOTAL WINS
Skullmelter 253
Ali 244
Robin 199
Willie 191
ObsidianLeaf 153

umm wheres protonium?
:D

Alur

Did we? I was too drunk to remember.

Yeah we were getting rekt and that's the game I got that 5 man Gravitron Surge and you roflstomped em with Li-Ming resets and then we just steamrolled from there. We were in their base for like 3-4 minutes at the end it felt like.

protonium

MOST HERO LEAGUE WINS AS NOVA

BATTLETAG TOTAL WINS
Skullmelter 253
Ali 244
Robin 199
Willie 191
ObsidianLeaf 153

umm wheres protonium?
:D

I don't think I've played a single HL game as Nova lol

MOST HERO LEAGUE WINS AS A SOLO-PLAYER

BATTLETAG TOTAL WINS
Raven 958
Rhavon 705
Silentshankz 697
Bueler 624
Fruit 607

Daaamn, I only played 119 games total in season 1. These guys are insatiable.

scoobs

I got Alarak to level 9 finally, I realllllllllllllllllly like him. Not sure if I should bother with going for 10 because his normal skin is superior to his master (especially that dope white 3rd tint).. tough decision here

Milly79

Yeah we were getting rekt and that's the game I got that 5 man Gravitron Surge and you roflstomped em with Li-Ming resets and then we just steamrolled from there. We were in their base for like 3-4 minutes at the end it felt like.

I was a pitiful Li-Ming last night. Chen was just pooping on my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom