• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

I wish it was possible to carry a little more in this game, I'm destroying today and keep losing because teammates are feeders. Also, I think Alarak is creeping up into tier 1 territory.

Play him basically like a mix between Kerrigan (combo/burst) and Thrall (poke constantly and go in only for kills). Building him like this:
1) Power Conduit
4) Double Cross
7) Chaos Reigns
10) Deadly Charge
13) Psychokinesis or Pure Malice (if ur teams a buncha feeders, or if u have Murky/TLV)
16) Sustaining Power
20) Counterstrike

Dehaka is in every single game now, I guess that mount nerf really worked

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
With a win rate that low I'd imagine it has a little something to do with your play. Work on those roles, become a more well rounded player

Yeah. I don't know how to look up those exact statistics, but it does feel like it's literally somewhere around there.

I'm at 1-8 in my first time doing placement matches mostly playing those roles, and even though every single loss had the ass of the group picking on someone else, and no one ever called me out, I have to assume I'm part of the problem. It's just hard to figure out what to do different if your spot on the scoreboard is fine compared to your teammates.

I guess I'll try watching some videos and see if I pick anything up.

protonium

That's been my Malf build since they added Moonburn, with 7 (cleanse) and 10 (tranq) being situational. Lunar Shower does like 666 damage on a 1.5s cooldown. I didn't know that you could keep the stacks up without hitting a target though.

Kioshen

Anyone here who needs to level up Cho'Gall? Figured I might get them to level 5 for that precious $1 worth of gold while there is double XP.

Got them when they were free but never played.

Of course when I post a reply real life takes over and I haven't been to log in much this week. Hopefully I'll be able to play with you during the next !

scoobs

I'd love to do some Cho'gall games. I'm looking for someone high plat/low diamond to do unranked/QM with to level up some heroes. Let me know if anyone is interested

Kioshen

I'd love to do some Cho'gall games. I'm looking for someone high plat/low diamond to do unranked/QM with to level up some heroes. Let me know if anyone is interested

I was around that range when I stopped playing. My hotslogs mmr took a dive when I experimented with heroes and the two soft resets but I'll slowly build it back up. Add me and see if I'm ok : Kioshen#1754.

Side note, Hammer is OP in qm. That is all.

scoobs

Added both of you, names scabobos#1347

Anyone else really feeling Alarak now? The more I play the more I'm convinced he's going to be a tier1 assassin in the meta. I just smash on him

brian!

Dam getting sub-15 fps and still locked into windowed fullscreen on ptr
also blizz should prob do one of those mid-ptr balances for chen

scoobs

One thing I've noticed as I've been quickmatching and leveling alarak and guldan to 10 is that literally nobody in my matches is ranked yet in Hero League. It seems like people just aren't even bothing (me being one of them)

scoobs

Show me the ways

Refer to build in post 1473. He's a great laner, play him like Thrall (poke with lightning), and try to set up big 2-3 man tele+silences. Its really all about mastering Telekinesis. Don't just spam it on cooldown, use it sparingly only when you can do major damage, or even more importantly to flee from the scene. Self-cast is your friend here

Alur

That'd be an amazing org name lol

That was my assumption, too, though, that they were just gonna pick up one of the prominent teams for the league next season.

Jinroh

Man I hadn't played Tychus for months and now I find him unplayable. Everything changed for the worse :( It really sucks, it was my favourite character. Now I barely do any damage with him and I keep dying all the time.

Maledict

Man I hadn't played Tychus for months and now I find him unplayable. Everything changed for the worse :( It really sucks, it was my favourite character. Now I barely do any damage with him and I keep dying all the time.

Um, you might want to keep trying with him. He's far stronger than he used to be, and a legitimate top tier pick. He destroys tanks and map objectives like the garden terror and the dragon knight.

scoobs

Tychus absolutely wrecks now. Make sure you're using his trait, and follow popular builds on HOTSlogs.

scoobs

Came to post this myself. Pretty big news honestly. This'll be an interesting org to watch grow now.

Edit: also nearly every personality I've seen has said Zarya is way underpowered/bad. I felt she was pretty strong on PTR but maybe I'm wrong.

Its been a pretty long while since a personality thought a new hero was good. The only person I trust is Grubby. He's usually on point with his analysis of new heroes. All the popular twitch streamers just say everyone is bad.

brian!

She seems alright to me but ive only played against her. No mobility hurts her a bunch and i sort of agree that medivh is superior in most facets

Maledict

I still cannot shake all the pros saying that Johanna was bad because all she could do was peel, and leoric was bad because his trait was bad and he didn't do much. We then of course had 6 months of both characters utterly dominating the game in every respect.

Oh, and of course Auriel being unplayable as she didn't have cleanse.

scoobs

I still cannot shake all the pros saying that Johanna was bad because all she could do was peel, and leoric was bad because his trait was bad and he didn't do much. We then of course had 6 months of both characters utterly dominating the game in every respect.

Oh, and of course Auriel being unplayable as she didn't have cleanse.

Remember the day of Auriel's release, chu8 on stream was asked if Auriel was good. Answer? "I've never played her but my friend said shes not very good, so I'd say she's not very good and probably needs some buffs."

These guys know absolutely nothing. Most of them play the new heroes 4-5 times, never get very good at them, and write them off, and then go back to Hero League and go about their lives. Then when they figure out that the hero is actually viable, then its "oh ya this hero is good." lol.

Play them for yourself and after a couple of weeks you'll know if they suck or not.

brian!

Yeah + pros often consider and put weight to things that the greater pop prob dont care about. But first impressions are first impressions, no need to put ppl on the guillotine for something they spout out early on

Alur

True. Most everyone has done the same thing here as well, lol.

IIRC, for example, lots of people were down on Leoric even after he was live for a week or two and then it was like light bulbs came on. Greymane was a shitshow according to most everyone in NA til EU figured out how to build/play him and we caught on, etc etc.

The points they have on Zarya are valid (and I didn't mean just streamers, I'm talking podcasters and everything). No mobility. Arguably slightly less useful shield mechanic than Medivh. Very low damage, and not even great damage when full energy.

On the flip side, she's basically ran roughshod in all the games I played. Allowing DPS to activate with a shield, or sustaining for an extended period, or nailing one or two huge ults. Whether she's OP or UP I'm excited to use her. And if she's UP, she'll get fixed quick enough.

brian!

Yep prtty much all the info out there should be there for ppl to form their own opinion. It's the internet tho so a lot of parroting goes on, i get unnerved at things like valla/winrate stuff

I think zarya has some serious synergy w/ tracer if zarya can position so she doesnt get dove instantly, medivh and tass help her out more protectively but i feel like ppl are more likely to dump cds on a zarya shield and that could be worth

I also like that her design calls for another warrior to be in the comp

Alur

So far on PTR people just can't help but charge up my shields or the opposing Zarya's shields. It's like they see that pink/purple bubble and it's like GOTTA HIT THAT SHIT! The most fun games I played with her were with other tanks, though. She really makes another tank super strong. It's probably in that aspect where her lack of damage is most noticeable though, as she's not quite there as a bruiser.

Yep prtty much all the info out there should be there for ppl to form their own opinion. It's the internet tho so a lot of parroting goes on, i get unnerved at things like valla/winrate stuff

I think zarya has some serious synergy w/ tracer if zarya can position so she doesnt get dove instantly, medivh and tass help her out more protectively but i feel like ppl are more likely to dump cds on a zarya shield and that could be worth

I also like that her design calls for another warrior to be in the comp

I'd say the Valla thing is a perfect example. I'm still confused by the low winrate complaints, as I've been running wild with her the past week. Anecdotal, I know, but it's still weird. Either way, I'm curious to hear about her supposed incoming buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom