• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

I had a good time with Newzeebo last night, felt way better to me. Didn't get to try Chen yet, though I have no idea which talents to even take with him yet... they all look really good. Wife played a bunch of Malf and she likes him way better.

We got the new map once and it's sooooo big. Couldn't get a good feel for it because the enemy comp was a QM disaster and it was a stomp.

Alavard

I LOVE the new boss. So cool looking and way more threatening than the dumb Archangel from Braxis.

Indeed. That was one of my first reactions from Warhead Junction. Also, that map has way more nukes that I expected. Only played it in QM once so far (and a few AI games before that), but it seems real easy to forget to soak. My team was 4 levels ahead for the majority of the match

scoobs

Early consensus is if you get a Chen on the opposing team, you lose.

Im just kind of realizing that this is going to be the most annoying patch ever. Nothing but hammers, chromies, and Chens. I don't know if I want to live in this world. Actually, I am positive I don't want to live in this world.

protonium

Early consensus is if you get a Chen on the opposing team, you lose.

Im just kind of realizing that this is going to be the most annoying patch ever. Nothing but hammers, chromies, and Chens. I don't know if I want to live in this world. Actually, I am positive I don't want to live in this world.

Nova and Tychus for days.

There's nothing worse when playing E.T.C than against a Raynor that actually takes relentless leader at 4 :(

It messes up my play style so much..........

The only thing all the Chromie buffs mean is it's going to be fun as hell playing Nova in Quick Match. Pinning Shot/Precision Strike still blows the munchkin up, she can't even Hearth out in time with Bye Bye!

Milly79

Her numbers are complete trash. I wonder when we'll get a decent/OP hero on release again...

I guess Auriel was actually good, but yeah.

scoobs

Her numbers are complete trash. I wonder when we'll get a decent/OP hero on release again...

I guess Auriel was actually good, but yeah.
Auriel was OP on release actually, so it hasn't been long. I think people are starting to realize Alarak is good too

Can someone explain to me why some teams are so bent on destroying a gate and fountain at match start on maps like BoE? Shit seems dumber than Alpha Booty Bay watch tower fights.

RPGCrazied

Anyone interested in Gul'dan? I got the code from buying the Warcraft movie. Don't play this game, so...

First person to quote gets the code.

brian!

Can someone explain to me why some teams are so bent on destroying a gate and fountain at match start on maps like BoE? Shit seems dumber than Alpha Booty Bay watch tower fights.

ur probably talking about ppl focusing it hard and getting beat down and feeding and missing soak but
in general it is the only objective on the map early on and gives great value w/ the giant sword ppl, same reason you'd want to take a tower out at mid on bhb before turn in or on braxis w/ zerg rush

scoobs

I'm so happy Gul'Dan got buffed. He's a damage machine now and it feels amazing. 40 stacks be damned, I get that in 10 minutes still :D

Woah
Blizzard said:
We're releasing a Hotfix patch in all regions tomorrow to address a few live bugs and to apply the following balance changes to Zarya:

Stats:
Increased Basic Attack damage from 20 to 24
Increased Base Health from 2225 to 2336
Increased Base Health Regen from 4.64 to 4.87

Abilities:
Particle Grenade (Q)
Increased base damage from 62 to 74
Personal Barrier (W)
Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10 seconds
Energy (Trait)
Energy decay rate reduced from 3 to 1.5 per second
Graviton Surge (R)
Cooldown reduced from 120 to 100 seconds

Developer Comments: We like the way Zarya is playing on live, but her impact is currently lower than we’d like. Her damage is too low and we feel that the rate at which her Energy decays is too quick, so we have adjusted them and will keep an eye on her.

Bug Fixes:
Chen: Fixed an issue causing Chen’s Pressure Point talent to also double the duration of Keg Smash’s slow.
Chen: Fixed an issue causing Chen’s Storm, Earth, Fire spirits to have permanently increased attack speed while the Fire spirit is alive.
E.T.C: Fixed an issue preventing E.T.C. from gaining stacks of Prog Rock when gathering Regen Globes.
Sonya: Fixed an issue that prevented Ancient Spear from stunning and dealing damage if used while rooted.

Alavard

Dayumn, Blizzard is reaching new levels of agile.

Next phase of HotS balance team:

cef306b0-41fe-0133-0a50-0e76e5725d9d.jpg

Celegus

Toad zeebo is a monstrous force. I just completely carried a team with him, pretty much one shotted Alarak and Morales with toads. And anyone that gets caught in the poison zombie wall? Poof. He's so much more fun now.

Celegus

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it, it's extremely satisfying zombie wall > toad spamming someone to death

I love that he can flip the switch from poking and zoning at range to exploding someone before they realize what's going on. Maybe people aren't used to the one zeebs yet, but I've been on a rampage with him.

Full grenade build at lvl 20 on Zarya is pretty ridiculous. If you can spare the cleanse you can even go born in battle for the CDR or the slow.

I'm going
  • Demolitions Expert
  • Give Me Twenty
  • Pinpoint Accuracy
  • Graviton Surge
  • Spell Barrier or Unstoppable
  • Cleanse
  • Grenadier

scoobs

I love that he can flip the switch from poking and zoning at range to exploding someone before they realize what's going on. Maybe people aren't used to the one zeebs yet, but I've been on a rampage with him.

He really takes off at level 16 with the Ring of Poison talent. Anyone who gets caught inside is essentially dead meat. I just love him so much more now!

My favorite heroes to play at the moment are Gul'Dan, Nazeebo, and Alarak. Probably no coincidence that they all got buffs this patch. Pretty sure they are all tuned a little high

Celegus

He really takes off at level 16 with the Ring of Poison talent. Anyone who gets caught inside is essentially dead meat. I just love him so much more now!

My favorite heroes to play at the moment are Gul'Dan, Nazeebo, and Alarak. Probably no coincidence that they all got buffs this patch. Pretty sure they are all tuned a little high

Gul'Dan is more viable now? I haven't bought him yet, but did enjoy him during a free week, just felt weak. Just bought Alarak yesterday and he's a ton of fun. First map I did as him was BoE and it was hilarious pushing people into the Immortal attacks.

scoobs

Gul'Dan does absolutely insane damage. I only got to play one game on him today but i did 120k hero damage on BoE and I didnt even play well. You have to build him to buff his E damage, and get good at landing his E's and his horrify to secure kills. If you suck at positioning DO NOT play Gul'Dan lol

And just as i suspected literally every single game is Chromies. This is actually not fun to play and this is my favorite game.

EDIT: I've been banning chromie all morning in unranked and I gotta tell ya, it feels incredible every single time.

Ugh
Im interested to see the strats that pop up for this map, but i feel like itll be banned out in comp. a lot

Fnatic and Dignitas are currently having a showmatch exclusively on the map. They are on game 5 and Hammer has been in every game. Dignitas had Athero on Tracer, gods I love that he's back on the team.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Went waaaay too long without desktop and now I'm so far behind. I left off with Leoric. I have 14k gold but what to do with it... Auriel seems cool like a slightly more ranged Uther, Dehaka and Artanis seem like nice hands-on warriors, Xul seems like what I expected/wanted Sylvanas or Leoric to be. Li-Ming is tempting because I went full D3 nut for a while, but may be too precise for me right now. Lunara seems nice and trolly like Nazeebo and Murky, both of whom I got good with, but doesn't seem like she'd be very exciting to play. Azmodan is mega cheap at 2k so maybe I should grab him, but maybe he's trash now? In fact, I have no clue who is good for what now. I bet everyone has been adjusted in some way.

Milly79

Went waaaay too long without desktop and now I'm so far behind. I left off with Leoric. I have 14k gold but what to do with it... Auriel seems cool like a slightly more ranged Uther, Dehaka and Artanis seem like nice hands-on warriors, Xul seems like what I expected/wanted Sylvanas or Leoric to be. Li-Ming is tempting because I went full D3 nut for a while, but may be too precise for me right now. Lunara seems nice and trolly like Nazeebo and Murky, both of whom I got good with, but doesn't seem like she'd be very exciting to play. Azmodan is mega cheap at 2k so maybe I should grab him, but maybe he's trash now? In fact, I have no clue who is good for what now. I bet everyone has been adjusted in some way.

Must buys (imo): Auriel, Li-Ming, Lunara.

Rest are just okay... use try mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom