• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Wow. Talk about retreads. RIP. Now they have 3 dudes who play the same role. WTF are they doing over there?

EDIT: Press release says Fan is shotcaller, Udall is team captain, and Equinox is gonna be the warrior.

Explains why the sudden change in playstyle and everything else. Assumed that was the case. Probably should've kept Udall where he was in that capacity at least.

brian!

I really like that categorization of roles. Wish fan luck in reigning in equinox who was the actual zunafeed in na, i feel like this team has good potential if they can mesh and step their game up, def top 3.

Oh equinox is also shotcalling too, that makes more sense

After getting him to lv 7 i have only just realised you click AND drag to use Alaraks W properly... game changer...

He's so fun to play though and sassy as fuck. Favourite character at the moment.

scoobs

After getting him to lv 7 i have only just realised you click AND drag to use Alaraks W properly... game changer...

He's so fun to play though and sassy as fuck. Favourite character at the moment.
Lol you made it that far without knowing a core mechanic to his kit? Must have been rough seas

Celegus

My wife just started playing Azmodan a couple days ago, and it's going pretty well.

VXCZB6l.jpg

First 10 vote either of us has ever seen.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

Refuse to believe this

scoobs

Ya idk that I like Samuro much at all. You have to play like such a pussy with him and thats the opposite of my playstyle. And I'm definitely NOT competent enough to pull off the clone ultimate.

scoobs

Sounds like a fucking nightmare that I want no part of. I continue to not understand how anyone is winning with Samuro. The second you come out of stealth you instantly die. He has like 16 health and for some reason my clones are super easy to figure out, because the enemy team is always just attacking me lol

EDIT: Ha, nevermind. I get it now. But I still don't like the playstyle, and I just kind of feel bad for the enemy now. Also this new Exit button on the MVP screen has rendered it completely useless. I guess they have to rethink that whole thing.

EDIT AGAIN: Literally nobody is voting for mvp now. Zero votes every game this morning. Maybe they should take that as a sign that the feature sucks and they should give rewards or something

Alur

I don't personally think it sucks. I like it. The scoring calibration could use some changing, but being able to exit the screen is also part of Overwatch and votes still happen.

People in HOTS are just unwilling or, more often, unable to recognize who properly deserves a vote and therefore vote for themselves or if they aren't there bail. The saltiness over a loss is strong.

Alur

Still seeing the same amount of use it was in my games pre-exit button. Haven't noticed any difference, more or less. Sorry you aren't getting your MVP votes anymore.

The game just breeds salt for how you lose and/or win. I've seen exactly two legendaries since it was implemented. You've probably posted more screencaps of your own legendaries than I've seen in game. I myself have gotten one vote shy three times. Most of the time it's about 6-7 votes total spread across all 5 players, so someone may hit 4 votes. Maybe.

HOTS just doesn't encourage you to respect the other team because mistakes are so glaringly obvious (or appear to be, at any rate) so it's always "my team did bad" instead of "the other team played well". Doesn't mean the system is bad or that it needs to go away, though.

Perhaps some change is necessary, but the biggest change needs to come from the player base itself.

scoobs

Sorry you aren't getting your MVP votes anymore.

OohBurn.gif

Times are tough for MVP players such as myself, I need my positive reinforcement!

For real though, I thought the MVP screen was a fun place to talk shit w/ ur teammates after a game, and now that it gets no use (for my games anyways) it really bums me out.

Bought Alarak he seems very strong but i did a shitty first match with him, next match i took some talents to improve the silence ability and man this KT and Guldan got rekt. Need a bit of practice to get the telekinesis right though.

Dreavus

I don't personally think it sucks. I like it. The scoring calibration could use some changing, but being able to exit the screen is also part of Overwatch and votes still happen.

People in HOTS are just unwilling or, more often, unable to recognize who properly deserves a vote and therefore vote for themselves or if they aren't there bail. The saltiness over a loss is strong.

Hard to say. I think it could just be a little thing that pushes people to just leave.

In Overwatch, you have the play of the game instead of "MVP" (kind of the same thing) but the play of the game is a bit of gameplay from the match that I think most people like watching. Then right afterward you have the votes while the next game is waiting to start the next round, so I guess people might as well vote for someone. You can exit the moment "defeat" or "victory" comes up but it's not a big button in the corner.

In Hots, since they added the exit button, there's nothing else to do while the "MVPPPPP" is in your face except press exit. I find myself just slamming exit now win or lose to get a move on.

Alur

Hard to say. I think it could just be a little thing that pushes people to just leave.

In Overwatch, you have the play of the game instead of "MVP" (kind of the same thing) but the play of the game is a bit of gameplay from the match that I think most people like watching. Then right afterward you have the votes while the next game is waiting to start the next round, so I guess people might as well vote for someone. You can exit the moment "defeat" or "victory" comes up but it's not a big button in the corner.

In Hots, since they added the exit button, there's nothing else to do while the "MVPPPPP" is in your face except press exit. I find myself just slamming exit now win or lose to get a move on.

Agreed.

That's a good point on the next game queuing immediately in OW. That probably does help that system retain voters so long as people stay in the lobby.

I would argue that in my experience most of the people who lost, unless it was close, leave the lobby anyway so they can get one that is more even. It's still the same deal as often as it is not.

It's just a player base thing to me (and again, I've not noticed any difference in the amount of votes). It's also harder for players in HOTS to recognize who did well and who did bad versus getting repeatedly owned by the same McCree in an OW game.

Alur

Guess I got a few more days to enjoy him before he's nerfed to where my lack of melee skills can't be overcome by OP survivability.

Man this internet attack cost me points. Before I knew what was happening, I tried to join a HL, and midway through the draft I get disconnected for .5 secs. My promo game gone.

Then when I actually tried to play a game it freezes every 10 seconds for a second or two.

Trump needs to tell Russia to knock it off :(

scoobs

I had some intermittent lag spikes today, but nothing too bad. I did notice I'm getting like 20-30fps in windowed full screen display mode now (100fps in full screen) which is nice.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'm of the samuro is fine camp but now it sucks I can't spend 15k on him because of that blizzard post about incoming nerds. Sigh.

scoobs

He feels like the kind of hero who will be completely worthless if they nerf his damage, so I hope they don't go too far

kirblar

The numbers absolutely say that Samuro is nowhere even close to fine. You cannot have his level of burst in uncoordinated play.

Alur

It's not his burst that is an issue. It's the fact that he's so god damn hard to kill so he just keeps coming back in and dealing damage. And when he runs, his clones still do damage. His burst is no worse than Greymane's or a Ming combo or whatever, and can even be completed negated with blinds. Hell, it's probably not even as bad, though I'd have to see the numbers compared to say for sure.

It's just that you have to catch him, and if he takes that move speed talent at 1 (which is OpieOP as fuck), you're not going to unless the player messes up. Between the move speed talent at 1 and the talent at 13 that gives you an extra clone when you E (that you can switch to if you take the swapping ult at 10), it's pretty insane how elusive he can be. Funny thing is you don't even need either talent to still be pretty hard to kill.

Maledict

I'm going to take back what I said earlier BTW about Li-Ming. Forget her win rate, she needs adjusting still. She has an almost 100% presence in games currently, and the fact is you get one kill and she then wins the fight. That's just not fun, and actually it's putting me off playing right now - if a hero is in every single game, something is going wrong.

Alur

That was precisely my point with her. She's OP still because the reset means win. It's just too strong of a trait, really dwarfs most any other trait in the game.

I still believe it should have a cooldown, or only reset on kills she actually gets the killing blow on. Something. If it was toned down a bit, she wouldn't be so rough.

kirblar

I'm going to take back what I said earlier BTW about Li-Ming. Forget her win rate, she needs adjusting still. She has an almost 100% presence in games currently, and the fact is you get one kill and she then wins the fight. That's just not fun, and actually it's putting me off playing right now - if a hero is in every single game, something is going wrong.
I hope others see the light. She's still a solo carry and it's a problem. You could see the difference in winrate between 2T+Syl+Li Ming and 2T+Syl+literally any other DPS a few months back. She just wins games on her own.

scoobs

Ya Liming is a fucking joke, its actually impossible to defend her in her current state, shes wildly OP and will always be as long as her trait remains as it is

It's calamity more than anything imo. Missiles and Orb are still pretty easy to dodge and disintegrate doesn't do that much damage.

dnmt

Banned
Make Liming's trait halve the cool down of each ability instead of a reset and bam, still very good but not broken. I would say the same for Sylvanas- towers and forts affected by her trait should have their fire rate halved instead of completely shut down.

Alur

You (or maybe it was Scrub, I forget which) literally single-handedly won us a game yesterday off of Li-Ming resets thanks to exploiting TLV when we were about to get our core caved in. That's exactly what makes her ridiculous.

She's not OP in the same way some of these other heroes have been. But the resets are obnoxious. All it takes is one player to feed or misplay and she can turn the whole thing by herself, which is something no other hero can reliably do.

Milly79

How often is that happening? More often than not it doesn't play that way at all. She also suffers in shit scaling. She gets down you're basically fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom