• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alavard

Honestly, even after only experiencing this brawl so far, I can already tell HotS lends itself to the brawl format even better than Overwatch (the halloween co-op overwatch Brawl aside).

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
i just had two games where the wells stayed up all rounds.. i dont see the big deal about the wells, i hearth/go back to base way more

scoobs

Sustain is really nice so you have more up-time on the boss, so wells are important on this map. It's just really annoying having to back all the time while the other team can just tap and run back in on the boss

Dang, there was a Nexus Challenger bundle up where the only character I didn't own was Gazlowe and a 7 day stim pack for 62 cents. It kept giving me an error when I tried to get it and now it's gone. Oh well.

Alur

KevMan they should be up permanently til Blizzard removes them. The Nexus Challenger and Conqueror bundles don't have an end date set.

KevMan they should be up permanently til Blizzard removes them. The Nexus Challenger and Conqueror bundles don't have an end date set.

Saw on Reddit a few people saying they also couldn't buy it and can't find it as well. So hopefully they just add it back later.

I am so ridiculously hype right now. Was doing my Hero League matches and before the draft we decided to go all in. And by all-in, I mean...

Team ORC!

Thrall, Rehgar, Gul'dan, Rexxar, and Samuro.

After some early shenanigans and the team having to talk me down from taking Bloodlust on Rehgar (come on... it would have been thematic), we utterly stomped them. I figured our MMR would be too high for a themed team, but boy was I wrong.

You have good wave-clear, great sustain, bully presence, and our slows mixed with Samuro chases means nobody gets away.

12 min game.

Orcs OP.

Still Hype!

What hero can even counter Samuro beyond 5-man dps focus? He seems even stronger than Greymane with the single target delete.

Living Bomb seems like it's strong against him...if KT can manage to not get eaten alive when applying it.

Brakke

Banned
I was dunking on a Sam as Valla tonight. If you build for strong AOE on the shotgun, you can break or significantly damage the illusions. Then you have the arrow and a refresh on the spray to break stealth and the roll for chase or escape. Both of her Ults are useful. Just can't let him get the drop on you with the stealth. But if you notice a prowl shimmer, the AOE can break his stealth and usually drive him back.

I dunno if it was character matchup or the other player just sucked, but I won most engagements against him.

Been playing some more and I like Jaina against Samuro. She has lots of AoE, poke, that slow and Ring of Frost seems like a useful counter. But if you get caught out of position or he's willing to dive you no matter what, you're just dead.

scoobs

Frost armor would be extremely powerful against him. Jaina is actually a great counter, her passive slows counter his movement speed perfectly

Nice to see Blizzard dropping gold prices of heroes. They also gave me a free low-cost Hero which is great.

Have 10k from long time ago. Would I make a mistake getting zerg T-rex? Does it suffer from deficiencies in power when it comes to other bruisers?

scoobs

Nice to see Blizzard dropping gold prices of heroes. They also gave me a free low-cost Hero which is great.

Have 10k from long time ago. Would I make a mistake getting zerg T-rex? Does it suffer from deficiencies in power when it comes to other bruisers?
Dehaka? He's fun, but I don't consider him super viable. Depends what you're in it for, if just for fun then I highly recommend him, but if you want to climb hero league I would steer clear of Dehaka.

Dehaka? He's fun, but I don't consider him super viable. Depends what you're in it for, if just for fun then I highly recommend him, but if you want to climb hero league I would steer clear of Dehaka.

Yeah that one. His kit looks fun. I am probably not going to find an overloaded kit with survivability, assassination and disables :) Although Greymane looks like Rengar successor when it comes to OP levels of skirmishing.

scoobs

Yeah that one. His kit looks fun. I am probably not going to find an overloaded kit with survivability, assassination and disables :) Although Greymane looks like Rengar successor when it comes to OP levels of skirmishing.
Dehaka doesn't do much damage, and his skill shots have infuriating delays on them to keep them "balanced". Greymane rocks, go for it

Kioshen

This brawl is the most fun i've had with hots ever since aram became a thing. I thought the wells were invulnerable because of the bubble but I see that I was wrong.

scoobs

Really not so sure I like Samuro's playstyle much on first impression. Maybe it'll click later, but for now he's not my favorite

Eh, not digging brawl so far. Too little decision making to make groups work with no talent selection, weak comms from lack of rest state in matches.

Are there some Rexxar players here ? What are your favorites builds with him ?

I only played him when he released so it's been a long time.

Rexxar's easily one of my favorite heroes!

1: Regen Master or Block (depends on the enemy comp)
4: Hungry Bear
7: Aspect of the Beast
10: Bestial Wrath
13: Wildfire Bear
16: Primal Intimidation (though I take Aspect of the Hawk at times for extra attack)
20: Frenzy of Kalimdor

Basically makes Misha an insane tank with great disruption, and extra damage where it's needed in teamfights. I've regularly solo tanked with this build to great success.

Rexxar's easily one of my favorite heroes!

1: Regen Master or Block (depends on the enemy comp)
4: Hungry Bear
7: Aspect of the Beast
10: Bestial Wrath
13: Wildfire Bear
16: Primal Intimidation (though I take Aspect of the Hawk at times for extra attack)
20: Frenzy of Kalimdor

Basically makes Misha an insane tank with great disruption, and extra damage where it's needed in teamfights. I've regularly solo tanked with this build to great success.

Thanks i will try it.

What hero can even counter Samuro beyond 5-man dps focus? He seems even stronger than Greymane with the single target delete.

He is very terrifying 1 on 1 and his DPS is hella strong, but basically *everything* he has is basic attack damage. Anyone with Blind can shut him down for a few seconds, or many heroes have talents that reduce incoming basic attack damage (Block, etc). Not to mention you can use Vision / Reveal to shut down his clones, and a ton of support chars have tons of vision talents.

Maledict

He is very terrifying 1 on 1 and his DPS is hella strong, but basically *everything* he has is basic attack damage. Anyone with Blind can shut him down for a few seconds, or many heroes have talents that reduce incoming basic attack damage (Block, etc). Not to mention you can use Vision / Reveal to shut down his clones, and a ton of support chars have tons of vision talents.

It's not enough to be honest (and the numbers back that up). He's always surprisingly resilient once he gets his blink at 13 - he's very capable of stealthing to the back line, murdering someone ultra fast before they can odoanything, and then getting out alive.

His numbers are simply too high. He's far deadlier than greymane ever was in melee range, and has a better kit for getting out alive. That's saying something.

Milly79

Bet it'll be over a week!

Also, on last nights Core, they stated that MMR is seeded from QM and then you'll start getting Brawl MMR. Apparently it's in the Q&A they did.

Alur

Ah, I was wrong then. I thought they said they left MMR out to make it as quick as possible.

Anyway re: Samuro, I played two games with him last night. I suck at melee. Can confirm he is stronk af.

Dreavus

Double Tychus against a brawl line up that will have 2 warriors per team. So damn strong!

I definitely agree the healing well should just be invincible. 4/6 games I played last night both teams left them alone but there were a few where we destroyed theirs or vice-versa, and it kind of sucks.

Brawl is very good for what it is otherwise. I even like the random "everyone is [hero]" fights just because they are good change of pace (and they only last for 1 round, so if it sucks, it doesn't last long anyways.)

I couldn't quite figure out talents. Is everyone just talentless? I can appreciate the simplicity of that but it feels weird.

I hope they think about adding a few rewards. Having the 1000g for playing 3 matches in the week is great, but getting no hero XP sucks. I'm not sure how that'd work because you can just play whatever hero is offered to you without even owning them, but it would still be nice. Account XP doesn't do anything if you are at 40. Having it not count for dailies makes sense because you play multiple heroes, but maybe let it count for the "win a game" or "play a game" ones. I think HS does something similar for some of it's "get X wins" daily quests in regards to alternate modes.

Anyways I'm definitely interested in trying the other Brawls as they come out.

Brawl is very good for what it is otherwise. I even like the random "everyone is [hero]" fights just because they are good change of pace (and they only last for 1 round, so if it sucks, it doesn't last long anyways.)

We had an "All Zagara" round that was absolute insanity. There was so much extra unit-type-things on the field from her W and E abilities, not to mention Devouring Maws going off left and right, it was completely nuts.

Milly79

This happened:

31KrWwz.jpg

Alur

Kinda digging having a melee hero release OP, honestly. Usually they come out in the dumpster.

And whoever suggested Valla vs Samuro, her and Li-Ming seem to be two of the few who are at least aggravating enough/damaging enough to give me pause in the chase or whom I can't catch with the speed boost.

Pooya

Brawl is more fun than the main game, I might actually play this game regularly now!

what's the point of brawl xp though if you're at max? it doesn't look like you get hero xp.

Alur

I'm hopeful they'll change that, but who knows. To them, restricting experience is probably a method to prevent it becoming the only mode people play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom