• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Khaldor casting at Blizzcon. #justice

Jake and JHow both also made it. Kind of surprised at that. RIP Dunk and Kaeyoh dreams.Grubby and Dread will go it alone in analysis.

Z9l7Wmz.png
Shots fired.

Celegus

Having to defend a zerg wave on Braxis against Chromie makes me want to uninstall the game. I can't believe they made a worse hero than Nova.

brian!

oh i only saw the lil pic lol, it's just sik trash talk then
i wouldnt mind an upset w/ dig and aa making it out

oh nm I have no idea how this group stuff works, i just assumed it was like league

i think aa does good prep, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got outdrafted against asian teams
also I wanna be dat conjecture boi and interpret that bakery tweet as they are doing well in scrims against mvp

brian!

oh damn that's crazy, still decent though

if i had to guess at samuro's role in normal games I'd say he's a utility ganker early on and in teamfights he can only feasibly join in after the fight has started, I agree w/ the poster that he seems pretty niche. some of the illusion reveal stuff seems fine, but stuff like vorpal blade proccing it sounds weird. i also think that while he's weak to aoe, he's not as weak to it as the dood is saying, but I'm thinking about it via brawl so I dunno how the numbers work out in that mode. + I wish his mirror image cleansed some of those effects the poster listed, it's wack that you can't time a q to dodge xul e

Milly79

where u at scabobobo

Edit - how the fuck? Warhead Junction:

Us: Alarak, Gul'Dan, Kerrigan, Cho'Gall
Them: Chromie, Li-Ming, Illidan, The Butcher, Artanis

And we won somehow?

scoobs

I'm at work, didn't get to game much today. Schedule has been busy so I've been playing mostly weird hours, like 7-9am central US time. If I see anyone on I'll be sure to try and get a group going. Are any of you using the neogaf channel? I think I'm the only one still in there : /

scoobs

oh damn that's crazy, still decent though

if i had to guess at samuro's role in normal games I'd say he's a utility ganker early on and in teamfights he can only feasibly join in after the fight has started, I agree w/ the poster that he seems pretty niche. some of the illusion reveal stuff seems fine, but stuff like vorpal blade proccing it sounds weird. i also think that while he's weak to aoe, he's not as weak to it as the dood is saying, but I'm thinking about it via brawl so I dunno how the numbers work out in that mode. + I wish his mirror image cleansed some of those effects the poster listed, it's wack that you can't time a q to dodge xul e

He will fill the same role as Nova and Zeratul do now, except he's an exceptionally good jungler, so he's kind of a mix between Nova and Illidan. Burst assassin that's super hard to kill because of his images and windwalk, and you cannot run away from him ala Illidan. He does really fucking high damage though, I think he might get the nerf bat quick in that department.

Also his level 13 (the blink), 16, and 20 windwalk talents are absurd and I see no reason to pick anything else at those tiers.

oh i only saw the lil pic lol, it's just sik trash talk then
i wouldnt mind an upset w/ dig and aa making it out

oh nm I have no idea how this group stuff works, i just assumed it was like league

i think aa does good prep, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got outdrafted against asian teams
also I wanna be dat conjecture boi and interpret that bakery tweet as they are doing well in scrims against mvp
Yeah it's not about being first in group but about taking the 2nd spot to make it to the semis. Potentially only really contesting with mvp if they make it to finals also means they can scrim much better.
Still don't like AA, hope they get bodied.
Watch them knock out Dig now.

Maledict

So, ETC.

Highest win rate tank outside of Rexar now. His minor rework has made him stronger than ever, and that's not including mosh pit. He's supposed to be a support based tank (the bard role Blizzard talked about, but he has by far and away the best tanking kit in the game - even ahead of tanks who are supposed to be dedicated bankers like Diablo. No-one sets up kills better than his powerslide / facemelt / body block combo.

Does anything need to be done about him? Is it okay for a supporty tank to be the best bank tank? Whilst also having a great escape if needed and a global heroic? 0

Alavard

If I had to nerf one thing about ETC, it would be a slight nerf to his hp. He has such a powerful kit that he could stand to be punished harder for when he uses too liberally.

Alur

So, ETC.

Highest win rate tank outside of Rexar now. His minor rework has made him stronger than ever, and that's not including mosh pit. He's supposed to be a support based tank (the bard role Blizzard talked about, but he has by far and away the best tanking kit in the game - even ahead of tanks who are supposed to be dedicated bankers like Diablo. No-one sets up kills better than his powerslide / facemelt / body block combo.

Does anything need to be done about him? Is it okay for a supporty tank to be the best bank tank? Whilst also having a great escape if needed and a global heroic? 0

Wow. I did not realize ETC's winrate was that high.

TBH, I don't see him much since I came back and I felt that with other heroes taking such precedence lately in our games (Zarya, Chen, Tyrael, even Muradin) that he was kind of booty even with Stage Dive being the new hotness.

I don't think he's too out of control going off the numbers. His winrate still falls in their acceptable range. Kit wise, though, I agree, he's an annoying piece of shit and wouldn't be terribly sad if he saw a slight nerf. He's just so disruptive that it's obnoxious.

Kind of amazing that Rexxar, ETC, Zarya (who has plummeted nearly 8% since her latest round of nerfs), Chen, Artanis, Tyrael, Johanna, Leoric, and Dehaka are all 50% winrate or above for warriors. Feels like at pleb level in my games the warrior class is pretty useful in general right now which is nice, and it appears the numbers bear that out to some degree.

Maledict

I think two warrior comps are really strong now, which helps a lot. And in my previous post there's a spelling mistake (thanks iPad!) which makes a big difference. I meant to say he has the best ganking kit out of all the tanks, which feels very wrong when you consider Diablo and Dehaka.

Power slide -> face melt -> body block is just so strong, so easy to do and on such a low cooldown. He's easily the deadliest tank in the game early game which doesn't feel right. No/one else is as scary as him.

Alur

I wish Diablo were good. :(

And yeah double warrior comps are pretty good. That's basically all we've been running. Chen + Zarya, Chen + "X", Zarya + "X".

scoobs

I think two warrior comps are really strong now, which helps a lot. And in my previous post there's a spelling mistake (thanks iPad!) which makes a big difference. I meant to say he has the best ganking kit out of all the tanks, which feels very wrong when you consider Diablo and Dehaka.

Power slide -> face melt -> body block is just so strong, so easy to do and on such a low cooldown. He's easily the deadliest tank in the game early game which doesn't feel right. No/one else is as scary as him.
Ehhhh I'm more scared of muradin and Chen personally, but I play melee assassin most of the time

brian!

Yeah warriors are high priority atm, making alarak and tychoos very valuable. Personally i privilege mura as the early tank, tychus/mura is a common dbl pick teams look to if they can hack it. Etc on global maps gains high priority too

I think w/r/t etc balancing, part of it is that all his skills have few decent counterparts in the archetype, dehaka doesnt aoe stun nor does his waveclear proc on multiple skills, there is definitely a discrepancy issue with him and other picks. Because of this, a good way to keep him in line, if he is out of hand i dunno if he is since im not really playing, is to reduce his cds across the board, like if etc q is gonna be str8 better utility than dehaka q there has to be some give. I dunno what the cds are, but if you have weighty skills they gotta be a little less forgiving, the q nerfs were a great step towards that

Alur

That Nexus Conqueror Bundle is a pretty good deal that they've put up. Quite a few meta relevant heroes. On my alt is $12.12 because I own 4 heroes.

I was considering buying Rexxar on said alt, which is 10k gold or $10...so this beats the hell out of that.

EDIT: Oh hell, and a 30 day stimpack? Damn Blizz.

Alavard

That Nexus Conqueror Bundle is a pretty good deal that they've put up. Quite a few meta relevant heroes. On my alt is $12.12 because I own 4 heroes.

I was considering buying Rexxar on said alt, which is 10k gold or $10...so this beats the hell out of that.

EDIT: Oh hell, and a 30 day stimpack? Damn Blizz.

Isn't Rexxar about to drop in price later today?

Alur

Maybe, /shrug. Still a good deal overall. And without the copious amount of skins tacked on to raise the price like we usually get.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Apparently I missed a Lunar Jaina sale in June. I hope they give Winter Veil Jaina an individual sale instead of bundle only this year. Never liked her default skin.

Alur

Yep brawl is out.

If you are of decent skill level, prepare to be both amazed and saddened since there isn't any MMR grouping people together.

My first game I led the team in damage and healing despite one guy playing heals two rounds. We stomped the enemy anyway, but we had low account level players in there on both sides.

Alur

Sadness about the full map pool being back. Not that I was entirely thrilled with the one we had, but all of them are both (A) too many and (B) includes a few of the shitty ones still.

kirblar

Sadness about the full map pool being back. Not that I was entirely thrilled with the one we had, but all of them are both (A) too many and (B) includes a few of the shitty ones still.
The whining on the subreddit about the limited pool was unbelievable.

Alur

I'd rather have the small pool than the big one.

Mainly I disliked that sometimes we'd get the same one two or three times in a row.

Maledict

I think I've played more Battlefield of Eternity in the last week than the last few months combined. As much as I hate it, at least it wasn't Garden of fuckingn Terror.

Also had an 'interesting' game on Braxis hold out. They let us pick Rexxar and Sylvanas first. Never had a game end before the enemy team hits level 7...

Alavard

Yep brawl is out.

If you are of decent skill level, prepare to be both amazed and saddened since there isn't any MMR grouping people together.

My first game I led the team in damage and healing despite one guy playing heals two rounds. We stomped the enemy anyway, but we had low account level players in there on both sides.

There must be some MMR of some sort going on for Brawls, or the queue wouldn't take so long.

I think I've played more Battlefield of Eternity in the last week than the last few months combined. As much as I hate it, at least it wasn't Garden of fuckingn Terror.

This is basically how i feel, i just really dislike playing on garden of terror. I never want to take the plant, fighting over seeds feels like a side event and matches can take forever.

ironically i did like haunted mines alot hahahaha

IceMarker

If we could choose our map preferences before queuing that would be great Blizzard.

Braxis Holdout
Warhead Junction
Sky Temple
Infernal Shrines
Battlefield of Eternity
Dragon Shire
Cursed Hollow
Haunted Mines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom