• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Agreed Biskie. I kinda just wanna see how big my number is on each account, too.

Really not sure why they ever capped it at 40. Should've been way higher at minimum.

Syf

Banned
I just hope it means getting to 10 is quicker too. 8-10 is awful especially without a stimpack and I just wanna buy me some master skins.

Alur

From the business perspective, it does seem weird that they don't make it easier for you to "waste" your gold on those 10k gold skins so they can hopefully wring more cash out of you. 9-10 is especially rough, and then making every level from 10 and up like that wasn't exactly inspired.

Prelude.

QM is triggering me. I get it that I have lv1-3s in my team but the game literally tells you "in a few seconds do this there", "now do it".

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
If we're talking complete newbies..yoo..this game can be really confusing and overwhelming at first. It's especially hard to get out of a fight the other team all the time mentality when you have no idea what lane youre supposed to be in at any given time, talent thing popped up..what do I choose, when to rotate to objectives, yes I see the timer but I don't even know what the objective is, if they even need you for objectives, when do I get this merc camp, etc. so the easiest thing to do to feel like you're contributing is to be smashin an opponent's face. Just my personal experience, takes seeing each map like 3 times before you get the gist.

Prelude.

If we're talking complete newbies..yoo..this game can be really confusing and overwhelming at first. It's especially hard to get out of a fight the other team all the time mentality when you have no idea what lane youre supposed to be in at any given time, talent thing popped up..what do I choose, when to rotate to objectives, yes I see the timer but I don't even know what the objective is, if they even need you for objectives, when do I get this merc camp, etc. so the easiest thing to do to feel like you're contributing is to be smashin an opponent's face. Just my personal experience, takes seeing each map like 3 times before you get the gist.
Yeah but it's always Cursed Hollow and if the tribute spawns 10 meters near you, go there, don't keep hammering that gate, let the enemy get to it and collect it without even moving.

Also, I just went against Illidan with Valla. What am I supposed to do? He pops out of nowhere, slows me down and hits me from all sides.

Yeah but it's always Cursed Hollow and if the tribute spawns 10 meters near you, go there, don't keep hammering that gate, let the enemy get to it and collect it without even moving.

Also, I just went against Illidan with Valla. What am I supposed to do? He pops out of nowhere, slows me down and hits me from all sides.
Illidan gets better the less structures the opponents have because he's so damn sticky. So essentially play conservatively. If you don't see Illidan on the map stay near your wall / fort and healthy.

Another option is to bait him. He folds pretty easily to stun chains. So have a warrior or BW in particular in a bush nearby and when Illidan dives you, destroy him.

Prelude.

Illidan gets better the less structures the opponents have because he's so damn sticky. So essentially play conservatively. If you don't see Illidan on the map stay near your wall / fort and healthy.

Another option is to bait him. He folds pretty easily to stun chains. So have a warrior or BW in particular in a bush nearby and when Illidan dives you, destroy him.
Alright, thanks. I'll also try him out and see exactly what he can do because I was from full health to dead in like 3 seconds.

Alright, thanks. I'll also try him out and see exactly what he can do because I was from full health to dead in like 3 seconds.

Did you get hunted (Illidan flies at you, stuns you and screams 'you are not prepared')? Or was Illidan hatted (weird zerg head floating above a hero by abathur)?

Valla is also super squishy, 3 seconds doesn't sound too outlandish.

Prelude.

Did you get hunted (Illidan flies at you, stuns you and screams 'you are not prepared')? Or was Illidan hatted (weird zerg head floating above a hero by abathur)?

Valla is also super squishy, 3 seconds doesn't sound too outlandish.
The former, yeah. The problem with that is that even with my E available I was never able to escape him.

Syf

Banned
Alur weren't we friends on bnet? I vaguely recall getting hammered (surprise surprise) during the summer and clearing out all the names I didn't immediately recognize, for some reason. And then I left for a few months anyway lol.

Maledict

The former, yeah. The problem with that is that even with my E available I was never able to escape him.

Illidan is the 'stickiest' character in the game. Unless you have a structure nearbye, it's impossible to escape him. Unfortunately he does tend to murder Valla - he's very strong against her. To take illidan down you usually need some stuns or other cc to him him in place whilst your team wails on him, and she doesn't have any of that.

On the hunt is one of his heroics it's global as it allows him to charge from across the map if he has vision of you. You can see on the score tab the talents that were picked so if you see illidan has hunt you gotta be extra careful all the time since he can dive from literally anywhere reasonably far away and out of nowhere. Stay with the team, stay near structures, stay out of sight, let their minion wave come to you,... You soak experience just by being in range of minions dying you don't need to be the one to kill them just chill in a bush and out of sight and illidan can't do shit. Beware though after a while the game might think you're afk and ask you to hit something.

Milly79

The Hunt is NOT global until 20. He also does not normally have vision on you until you take that and less than 25%? Not sure on the exact number.

Glau off of denial. Good riddance.

The Hunt is NOT global until 20. He also does not normally have vision on you until you take that and less than 25%? Not sure on the exact number.

The range is about the distance between 2 lanes on a big map isn't it? Falstad isn't unlimited global either and what I meant was that he can hunt you if he has vision of you not that he gains it.

Too bad for Glau he'll even have a tough time finding a team to compete in HGC with, seeing as most of the talent in the scene already have formed new teams. The whole of Denial looked bad at Blizzcon particularly Caff, also looked like they didn't have a good grasp on the meta. They didn't pick Alarak once for instance yet Mike definitely added him to his roster.

Milly79 said:
Good riddance.
Be careful what you wish for
reddit dude of whom I have no idea what sources / credibility he has said:
My sources say Arthelon could replace him and they might get Dunktrain as a sub.

Alur

Alur weren't we friends on bnet? I vaguely recall getting hammered (surprise surprise) during the summer and clearing out all the names I didn't immediately recognize, for some reason. And then I left for a few months anyway lol.

Not sure. My b.net account was Keyes, it's now Qruul. So if you removed one of those two names then yeah.

Be careful what you wish for

Haha. That would be hilarious. They already tried this experiment once. God damn that team just never learns from it's own mistakes.

Arth at least can't get banned out, but that attitude...yikes.

scoobs

First game of the night: Last pick illidan dies 9 times, his duo queue partner also dies 9 times. We have 20 deaths total as a team. Yay.

Alur

I remember McIntyre saying on stream that he tried out for Denial but due to some of the baggage from the NVT breakup (which was still fresh IIRC) that he didn't perform well and the ultimately chose Glaurung over him.

That def seems like a mistake in hindsight.

I'm not sure if it was a mistake in the "they would've won "X" series with Mc that they wouldn't with Glau" as a certainty, but more in that they wouldn't have had to draft while trying to fit a round peg in a square hole every time they faced a competent team.

Curious who they've lined up to replace him. Speaking of which, has McIntyre said if he's getting back in?

EDIT: Maybe they flex MiST into the team from his streaming gig?

scoobs

I've got 4th pick 5 games in a row in draft... blizzard please

Also, I said I was going to start playing Artanis, and instead I'm just sitting here playing Dehaka over and over. Change.. is... upon us!

If arth joins I'm done
D06hDzz.png

Alur

gingerdread nazeebo might be the best skin ever tbh

Skin looks more Nightmare Before Christmas than actual Christmas/holidays.

The Gingerbread face just doesn't look right. It looks fine on the Zombie wall, but something about it on Zeeb seems very low res and horror-esque.

Syf

Banned
Not sure. My b.net account was Keyes, it's now Qruul. So if you removed one of those two names then yeah.
Yeah I remember Qruul. I changed my name, was Syfadious back then. Remember playing some Overwatch with you guys too. What's your full info? I still don't do ranked in HotS but plan to start when this solo queue is a thing. And I'd be down for GAF nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom