• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvero

Banned
Was just under maintenance so perhaps things are a little slow while they're getting up to speed + all the traffic coming back on.

Downloaded it quick yesterday.

Trying again right now, and it's so bad. It downloads at 19.43 KB/s, nothing more, nothing less. :(

Syf

Banned
Trying again right now, and it's so bad. It downloads at 19.43 KB/s, nothing more, nothing less. :(
It isn't capped is it? Go to game install/update in the settings menu and check. I always get very good download speeds on the client

Do you ever sleep? :D

Not today funnily enough. Have to get my sleep rhythm in order so skipping a night.

Had a muted player for the first time that was pinging non stop. Hope they'll fix that soon™.
Had a game with the most wacky comp practically in the bag and we throw. Once again instead of defending an immortal 2 players went out front and died. Well done.

Edit: 36-0 on ToD new record.

Alur

Had a muted player for the first time that was pinging non stop. Hope they'll fix that soon™.

How though? You don't see blocked players pings feature or something I guess? I feel like it's pretty restrictive as is. /shrug

They've clamped down on it so hard now compared to what it was - and just recently made it even more restrictive - that I find it offputting at least once every few games. Think you can only ping 4 times or 5 times within a certain frame and time and the timeout feels pretty lengthy.

Ketch

they said they will also mute muted players pings

Who will mute the muted?

they should swap the mechanics for possession and raise skeletons.

like minion dies and you have to cast a charge of your trait on it to raise it and then for possession: anything that dies under the effect of shadow poison becomes possessed instead.

Maledict

Day 2 of EU regionals starting, and yet again Valla is drafted over Jaina. Really don't understand it at this point - what has been going on in Europe to make Jaina so disliked by teams?

Especially when you also have stitches on your team, Jaina is so good with that combo!

Had a game this night where our opponents let Xul just do his thing and he had the lane pushed all the way to the keep walls before lvl 10.

Beats me Mal, don't even see much Valla in QM.

TL looked so good before winter break. Not so much now.

Maledict

TL drafted terribly. Truly terribly. They don't get the meta at all.

You don't first pick Sonya when Rehgar is open. BOTH games they passed on Rehgar and ended up boxed into Uther, and Uther just doesn't work solo healer against a Li-Ming.

Maledict

Well, Dig drafted Jaina for the first time in this tourney, and boy did they make it work. Crushing combo with Ring of Frost and Void Prison that just kept winning them fights every time...

Milly79

So Dig is going to Korea? Yayy.

And hooray for working retail and not being able to have a full weekend off. Who's the other semi?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'm trying to think of the timing that the all in strat would've worked. They hearthed back like right as they got there so they saw them, but if they had gotten there maybe a second earlier they've could've been positioned for the circle dance. I like the idea though.

Maledict

I don't think it was a throw, more like a last chance at the dice as everything else was lost. It was Blackhearts Bay, they had no keeps left and the enemy was in prime position to just PvE the map. At that stage its almost impossible to win, so I guess they figured they might as well try for a core rush as anything else was guaranteed to lose them the game.

Alur

So Dig is in and it's down to myi and VP for the other spot?

I'm not gonna be able to watch any of it it appears.

brian!

yehh

dig trapping them into cho now? unsure lol, their comp is good for killing cho, but they took a long time doing their last picks

interesting storyline: if myi never upset dig and put them into loser's, fnc would prob be going to korea
and in general it's hard to tell which teams are strong here since it's been a pretty inconsistent tourney (except dig who usually show up at events? + that might be a bakery thing and not a dig thing)

Damn seats were empty af, just catching up with Dig vs Fnatic the 2nd

dang you're mobbing the guy at this point.

eu seem like they have a lot of places to improve before spring champz, hoping myi steps it up and dig goes back to the excellent blizzcon dig (false hearthing still hypest hots moment)
relive dis shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRR_-xdqsWI&feature=youtu.be&t=3531

new mcintyre solo q tierlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1qT6eI-qz0

mYi qualifying was a bit of a fluke but their style of play might actually be more suited vs. other regions.

Did Dig pick Valla with Stitches to combo hook with Rain of Vengeance?

Edit: apparently not. BFB might have been an incentive though. Forcewall straight up hard countered Chen's Barrel 9 out of 10 times. Dread would have gotten off on that match.

Very impressed by Snitch this tourney

Maledict

So in EU the reason teams are picking Valla over Jaina is because they value the sustained damage more, particulary the giant killer going into a two tank comp. the only time Jaina was picked was by Dig, twice, when they wanted to blow someone up instantly.

The first game they played her was beautiful. Void Prison into Ring of Frost every single fight, killing ETC. Simple but it worked.

brian!

she was usually picked near the end so no falstad or lunara or zagara usually
didnt even see if she got giant killer, I don't like her at all w/o frost arrow tbh
but she's fine if you want sustained dmg and like psuedo jaina cc + she's safer than her so iunno, I don't really recall the drafts where she was picked

like when you want something like falstad or lunara but they aren't up valla makes sense, but I remember feeling like jaina complemented a lot of the drafts better than valla

So in EU the reason teams are picking Valla over Jaina is because they value the sustained damage more, particulary the giant killer going into a two tank comp. the only time Jaina was picked was by Dig, twice, when they wanted to blow someone up instantly.

The first game they played her was beautiful. Void Prison into Ring of Frost every single fight, killing ETC. Simple but it worked.

Fnatic played that game really well though, reducing a 3 lvl difference to a 1 lvl difference just by poking and half committing to engages.
First picking Greymane game 1 was nonsensical to me.

Maledict

There were some damn stupid drafts all round. Team Liquid first picking Sonya, when Rehgar was available, was just mind boggling. They got locked out of healers other than Uther twice, and lost the game thanks to that.

Have to give credit to Bakery there - he's clearly been working on his roster. They ran solo Tassadar and solo Tyrande quite a bit and he looked great on them, and that wasn't the case in previous tournaments. Previously if he was locked out of the mainstay healers he would have issues, but he's obviously been working on his roster a lot.

As I said to Brian though, how these teams make solo Tassadar without leeching plasma work is beyond me but there you go!

brian!

personally I value leeching as a teamfight talent and not really a sustain talent, like if you want sustain just get healing ward

VP vs mYi game 2 was interesting. Too bad VP gets greedy a tad too often, don't understand why they'd take Valla with Ming Lee vs double support. You want to delete a single target for the reset, they were never gonna gonna get resets from tass lategame anyway so they needed something to guarantee them. mYi also drafted their comp much more to Blackheart's Bay.

Decent showing by VP but Valla sucks, don't pick her.

Thrall over 60% winrate at 23 games played.

kirblar

There were some damn stupid drafts all round. Team Liquid first picking Sonya, when Rehgar was available, was just mind boggling. They got locked out of healers other than Uther twice, and lost the game thanks to that.

Have to give credit to Bakery there - he's clearly been working on his roster. They ran solo Tassadar and solo Tyrande quite a bit and he looked great on them, and that wasn't the case in previous tournaments. Previously if he was locked out of the mainstay healers he would have issues, but he's obviously been working on his roster a lot.

As I said to Brian though, how these teams make solo Tassadar without leeching plasma work is beyond me but there you go!
Leeching only works with dedicated AA heroes though. It's not enough healing in a lot of comps.

Alur

wut lol

So a three man group goes all support and hopes for the best out of the other 2 players? That doesn't sound pubstomp. It sounds like someone who wants to play Hearthstone in Heroes of the Storm. RNGesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom