• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvero

Banned
Want to give HOTS a try again, but this battle.net client is a pain in the ass. Download speeds on it are abysmal even though I've been running speed tests and everything is checking out fine.

Concept17

Want to give HOTS a try again, but this battle.net client is a pain in the ass. Download speeds on it are abysmal even though I've been running speed tests and everything is checking out fine.

Was just under maintenance so perhaps things are a little slow while they're getting up to speed + all the traffic coming back on.

Downloaded it quick yesterday.

I don't know what's worse, that Li-Ming gets Dominance at 4 or how much health it returns just from hero deaths. She doesn't even have to be credited with killing the hero, just be nearby. This talent needs to be shuffled to like 13 like Arcane Shield or Ice Block. She's broken as fuck but I'm enjoying being the cancer instead of being subjected to it before she gets nerfed. They gotta change her Trait (and Dominance) for proximity to hero death, assisting in hero death and killing an enemy hero have different CD boosts. Even if they trade some of her range for a slight health and/or blink boost, she's still gonna wreck buildings.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU can watch the tourny now to get the portrait in a few days aye?

Maledict

Dignitas looked *really* good versus Navi - two very strong wins against Na'Vi. Dig haven't played in ages so wasn't expecting them to come out of the gate so strong.

Cynar

I don't know what's worse, that Li-Ming gets Dominance at 4 or how much health it returns just from hero deaths. She doesn't even have to be credited with killing the hero, just be nearby. This talent needs to be shuffled to like 13 like Arcane Shield or Ice Block. She's broken as fuck but I'm enjoying being the cancer instead of being subjected to it before she gets nerfed. They gotta change her Trait (and Dominance) for proximity to hero death, assisting in hero death and killing an enemy hero have different CD boosts. Even if they trade some of her range for a slight health and/or blink boost, she's still gonna wreck buildings.
You should probably stop playing games like these just judging from the posts you've made on this thread.

Cynar

They've still got Kil'thuzad(Was he confirmed?) Hopefully he's next, since we haven't had a WoW character in a while..
Last wow character was greymane. Haven't had a StarCraft character even longer than that and most of the cast is still WoW. I'd rather see Diablo's brothers or more StarCraft characters first. Even blackthorne sooner please, KT can wait. :D

Disagree you're better served getting talents boosting her damage further. Unless there's vikings and or murky on their team and or no healer on yours you shouldn't build into proccing of kills too much. The other talents are somewhat lacklustre in the tier though.

Like two hours ago, though I just woke up.

me too but it's 2 oclock in the afternoon :|

Maledict

wth, teleport build is the most popular Ming Lee build masters and up? That makes no sense to me.

Teleport build is really strong, particular in some matchups. It's by no means a joke build at all.

(And at masters players are more aware about the need to dive Li-Ming rather than just let her stand a mile away nuking you down with orbs).

It is no joke. Diving Li Ming is smart and Teleport build is probably most resilient for that but then it really just comes down to seeker vs calamity and it's not that difficult to hit 3 missiles close range yet you give up siege and better poke in exchange for hitting harder up close.

Maledict

The issue with seeker is that you get much much more damage from calamity, and it gives you another damage ability in your kit. It lets you make very aggressive 'wipe the team' plays that the glass cannon / Magic missile build can't do as much.

Plus it's the talents later on as wel - illusionist plus teleport shield is much stronger against an aggressive comp than glass cannon and mirrorball.

Both builds have their place, really just depends on team comp on both sides. I wouldn't say either build is more skilled or more easy to play than another.

I'm not debating 13 and 16 talents. Those are often decided by the opponents comp but I don't completely see the value of aggressive teleports vs the poke of seeker. At lvl 7 calamity does about double the damage of seeker but scales slightly worse.

Also calamity doesn't lend itself to the rotation of QWR, if at all it allows finishing off. With resets I prefer EQWR instantly again but usually using the E for positioning.

Dignitas played booty this series.

Maledict

Bah I can't watch the matches as am out having afternoon tea. (That may be the most British thing I've said in a long night time).

Presuming Dig lost their second set - how do you go from trashing Navi to losing to MyInsanity? That makes no sense at all!

mYi is known for their aggressive style, goes all the way back to when they were Team Spartanien. Dig got outdrafted and played too passively.

Mene on Valla got caught out much too often and once mYi got 20 on Li Ming it was pretty much over. They had the option of going for Li Ming instead of Valla even, made no sense to me.

Maledict

I don't know why anyone is picking valla right now, there's so many better options than her it feels. Three different specs and all outclassed.

That puts Dig into the losers bracket? They aren't out permanently?

brian!

I don't know why anyone is picking valla right now, there's so many better options than her it feels. Three different specs and all outclassed.

That puts Dig into the losers bracket? They aren't out permanently?

Pretty much the only reason is frost arrow

Alur

Dread was straight bodying Navi's talents after that first game and their draft for game 2. Lol that shit was entertaining. The other dudes were like "C'mon breh at least sugar coat it a little."

kirblar

Dread was straight bodying Navi's talents after that first game and their draft for game 2. Lol that shit was entertaining. The other dudes were like "C'mon breh at least sugar coat it a little."
Good.

Hate that "anyone can still win!" bs. Call them on their crap.

edit: wow that Johanna kill

brian!

is this tourney on the live patch?

every time a mirrorball hits a turret someone at blizzard winces
lmao navi that pick attempt "we caught zag! make sure we all stand on top of each other to intimidate her"

Ketch

Good match followed by a shitty match, so many misplays.....

The casting here though is 110% better.

Like these casters actually think about what they're saying before they say it, and take time to breath between sentences.

Also, the starves where nice, but valla is still kind of meh. Would have liked to see a sylvanas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom