• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

is it actually a thing, I don't really count this tourney everyone is fukkin around
like maybe the boomerang radius buff was enough for it to be a sure thing to hit everytime but it's really hard for me to see it being a thing

if they went hinterland u know it's tr0ll

https://esports.yahoo.com/naventic-talk-regionals-korea-002838975.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

“Banning Cho’Gall against Tempo Storm was in the notebook, actually, but we were so hungry we totally forgot about it,” Zuna said.

Maledict

You still take gust of course, but the damage bonus on the hammer stacks up *really* fast now. With Boomerange later on your doing over 1000 damage per hammer and you can throw one every 5 seconds. It's a huge amount of pressure, plus if you take the extra slow at 13 it's really annoying... ;-)

brian!

oh god i'm really not into that stack mechanic
1000 every 5 seconds is pretty insane tho since it's aoe
it wouldnt even be that crazy to have mage falstad now that jaina and kael arent very popular anymore
but also it's crazy

Maledict

It's not huge AoE though to be fair - but it's definitely good and it felt viable to me when messing around with it last night. Seeing the pros play it (on both opposing teams) seems to show its an option at least.

And I love the stacking thing, I like all those mini-games within the main game. It's why I hope they make Azmodan viable and solo playable as well!

Edit: jaina still really popular in NA isn't she? I thought it was just EU that didn't rate her in normal match ups?

brian!

i like azmo's stacking but not falstad's I don't like muradin's either

I do like the regen globe stacking ones though, cuz that just promotes good play

jaina showed up occasionally last tournament, but I think it was more that they were more hesitant to go valla + the usual na sticking w/ what they know type of thing, they don't really rate her high

__

ofc tho, my incredulity has nothing to do w/ how well it works in practice, like I think you can do fine w/ mage falstad even before this patch (same w/ stuff like dmg/hybrid monk which I like playing sometimes), just that it still comes off as really sub-optimal to me

Indignate

Jumped into HL after a couple of months and lost a few. Noticed that I'm actually on a 8 losing streak since my last win with Abathur.

Picked Abathur for ez win.

I believe he is what you call the truth.

Zackat

So with this diablo 2 patch giving me the nostalgia pangs I need to know when the mephisto trailer is dropping guys.

I need it in my veins.

Milly79

Soooooo. Just had a HL game.

It goes:

Li-Ming (them)
Diablo/Murky (us)
Xul/Rehgar (them)

I had lost all hope when they got the top 3 heroes. I was hovering Falstad, but picked Gazlowe in the end hoping someone would dodge.

Gazlowe/Uther (us)
Artanis/Chen (them)
Raynor (us)

And well... I just don't even know anymore.

0LlXljy.jpg

wpid-1393848573478.gif

brian!

your comp is prtty decent against 4 melee no cc, but I'm assuming dat xul didn't really rotate after he wavecleared
i feel like uther probably played out of his mind lol

Milly79

Alur

Same as you can in any game I guess. Players from other games come over for easy money/pickings, form teams, etc.

Winter Championships going on now. Was at 7k+ viewers earlier and today was the first time I've ever watched it even after playing off and on for a while now. They do LANs just like other games I guess, and can do online as well. They've
sadly
implemented several features that we've been pining for in HOTS in the past year due to popular demand.

As towards TSM, weren't they in talks with BRFC? There's just no team in NA worth picking up right now after they signed, no matter how much money you pump into it.

If Blizzard allowed some Koreans into the NA scene they'd actually diversify the field by the people getting kicked from teams in their favour. They should allow 1 or 2 per team.
Also attracts sponsors that want to buy a winning team.

Alur

Holy shit FourCourtJester is casting VG! I LOL'd. RIP. Can we redo the Solidjake vs FCJ early days of HOTS face-off and have FCJ win this time instead?

And yes, BRFC indicated TSM was the other org it came down to but they didn't feel like they'd be a primary team and would just always be a group carrying the name with little support. Or at least that's how Zuna described it on THH. Agreed on no other viable NA teams.

This is ridiculous just look at it. They are playing on phones/tablets, with single digits. Literally!

No idea what you're talking about btw, by the time I started watching FCJ was already barely seen.

Alur

Well technically you can (and apparently most players do) play HOTS with very few digits. Is it the tablet you can't wrap your head around? All of the rest of it is the same. Stutter stepping, item builds, etc. Only difference is the method of input. You could argue how VG is set up is basically what people probably initially thought HOTS would be as a "casual MOBA". It has most of the aspects of League, but it's just trimmed down in each area to create shorter games.

And FCJ did Go4 and Jake and Cooby did Kings of the Storm way back in the day in Alpha and early Beta. Jake became the face and FCJ was always kind of second fiddle. He was pretty involved in last year's Road To Blizzcon in NA and was part of the cast at the NA championships. He got left off of Blizzcon though IIRC and I haven't seen him since (beyond streaming) til now.

I doubt many envisioned mobile when thinking of HoTS.

It's the input method mostly that makes it look weird to me it's just why play on a tablet in a room, in the dark? I also never got people using their handhelds at home, what's the point.

There was just 1 last Kings of the Storm and I dunno bout Go4 since I started playing. He wasn't particularly big at RtB either. It was always Jake > Zoia/Gilly then him in regards to viewership IIRC.

Alur

I doubt many envisioned mobile when thinking of HoTS.

Not talking about mobile, talking about the actual gameplay and systems used.

It's the input method mostly that makes it look weird to me it's just why play on a tablet in a room, in the dark? I also never got people using their handhelds at home, what's the point.

Why play on a PC in the dark? Same difference to me. As for handhelds (which I'm assuming you're talking about smartphones?), /shrug. I use my phone all the time at home though not to play games typically. Dunno if that's a USA thing or just a global trend but based on the number of phones they sell I'm assuming the latter.

There was just 1 last Kings of the Storm and I dunno bout Go4 since I started playing. He wasn't particularly big at RtB either. It was always Jake > Zoia/Gilly then him in regards to viewership IIRC.

And yes, that's what I meant by redoing the FCJ vs Jake early days. Whatever it was that got people behind Jake, I think FCJ was the better caster. Ultimately he lost either way so it doesn't matter, but it's interesting to ponder on why.

Not talking about mobile, talking about the actual gameplay and systems used.

Don't know them so can't say

Why play on a PC in the dark? Same difference to me. As for handhelds (which I'm assuming you're talking about smartphones?), /shrug. I use my phone all the time at home though not to play games typically. Dunno if that's a USA thing or just a global trend but based on the number of phones they sale I'm assuming the latter.

Don't get that either, hurts on the eyes like shit. Nah I mean handhelds inluding 3DS and Vita. Using a phone at home sure but playing on it is weird imo.

And yes, that's what I meant by redoing the FCJ vs Jake early days. Whatever it was that got people behind Jake, I think FCJ was the better caster. Ultimately he lost either way so it doesn't matter, but it's interesting to ponder on why.

Never liked him couldn't even tell you why but I also never particularly liked Jake.

Alur

Don't get that either, hurts on the eyes like shit. Nah I mean handhelds inluding 3DS and Vita. Using a phone at home sure but playing on it is weird imo.

Good point. Forgot about 3DS and Vita. Haven't had one of those in years but I'm old.

EDIT: Isn't it like super late at night/early in the morning over there? Insomnia!

Alur

I used to work nights for about 2-3 years. I know that feel. I still only sleep 4-5 hours a night at best most nights.

Is Tuesday two weeks from Xul's release? So a hero on the 22nd possibly? A hero that we don't know the name of yet.

Duress

I think people underestimate when two guys come at you with lightning shields. I've had like 5 games where people just stayed in it from me and another melee.

Alur

and a fine suit

This is true. I'll check out the podcast when I get a chance. Seems promising.

Oddly enough, this vainglory looks pretty good.

It's a good looking game visually for mobile. It's pretty fun to play IMO, especially if you like these kind of games. Has basically all the features of a PC moba, including some that we don't have in this game yet. It's just pared down to be a little more digestible and quicker. It's good to pass the time when you are away and can't play your PC or console game of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom