• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

"Dont you see that they are trying to buff auto-attack valla, pros are so close-minded" is some willfully ignorant shit tho

Alur

I wonder just how much money they're going to make on this one.

I thought the same.

On top of it being requested, the Dorm team tie in plus giveaway plus bracket challenge...pretty cool.

What are some other oft requested skins besides Azmodunk?

TDLink

That's a straight up exaggeration. Even with all Arcane Orb talents and Glass Cannon, at near max range it takes away like 40% of Uther's health at level 20 and about 30% of a Sonya's.

Arcane Orb's on a 10 second or so cooldown. If she's left alone to siege for more than one orb the other team's either dead or doing it wrong.

If you need soft Li Ming counters try a dive or hero with summons. You'll still need support from your team.

I didn't say every hero, i said half the roster. Uther and Sonya are both a bit beefy. Most of the roster is considerably less so. If you're playing anyone squishy one arcane orb basically forces you to flee the fight.

I didn't say every hero, i said half the roster. Uther and Sonya are both a bit beefy. Most of the roster is considerably less so. If you're playing anyone squishy one arcane orb basically forces you to flee the fight.

Actually it just forces you to either move around it or your frontline to pop it early. No one ever does in scrubleague thankfully, so ez pickings for me.

TDLink

Actually it just forces you to either move around it or your frontline to pop it early. No one ever does in scrubleague thankfully, so ez pickings for me.

Easier said than done most of the time. It comes out pretty fast and it isn't always coming from a place you can see. It's common for Li Mings to hurl them from the jungle/bushes/places you can't see her.

brian!

I think the point is arcane orb is free and substantial building dmg, which is fair. Havent played this patch yet so i dont know how the missle stuff affected everything, but id personally be more worried about mm boss interaction than arcane orbs on structures.

Easier said than done most of the time. It comes out pretty fast and it isn't always coming from a place you can see. It's common for Li Mings to hurl them from the jungle/bushes/places you can't see her.

You don't always fight surrounded by bushes/environment and even then it means Li Ming has little way to follow up from that position and is away from her team.

Don't see Epsilon gaming lasting very long, their early qualification as google was probably more due to the region shakeup than their prowess.

brian!

Like free in the sense the fgc would use the word, not like "w/ no cost", more like "unmeaningful cost"

You can get all economics w/ it, like if im not doing anything atm is it worth it to toss a w at a structure and suffer the cd? -> at what point would i not want to do that (at what building dmg/at what cd/at what range). And right now there really isnt any reason to not snipe at a building w/ w unless you could be using it for a better purpose, thuz free

kirblar

Like free in the sense the fgc would use the word, not like "w/ no cost", more like "unmeaningful cost"

You can get all economics w/ it, like if im not doing anything atm is it worth it to toss a w at a structure and suffer the cd? -> at what point would i not want to do that (at what building dmg/at what cd/at what range). And right now there really isnt any reason to not snipe at a building w/ w unless you could be using it for a better purpose, thuz free
Low marginal cost is what I think you're looking for - there's no reason not to do it if you're in range.

Do you like wait for programs to load, how are tooltips these days?

Not so secretly playing from a potato Tablet-PC

Bought my first SSD 5 years ago. Went down like 900gb of space on my laptop.

Alur

Got my first PC SSD last summer after years of HDD gaming. I enjoyed the quickness on my wife's Macbook Air but never took the plunge. Glad I did. Feels good man.

Celegus

Does Heroes benefit much from a SSD? I did have it installed on it but didn't seem to make much of a change. Admittedly mine isn't a great SSD and only 120gb. Once bigger ones get cheaper I'll probably grab another to keep more things installed on it.

Oh man this team. I don't know what to say except how can 3 people all die 10+ times when we have a Muradin. I died twice the whole game though to be fair one time I died was a huge swing of momentum and completely my fault, but still.

Nova 4k siege in a 20+ minute game, what has Blizzard done...
Ruined my perfect record for the night.

Edit: Wow, I swear I'm not making this shit up. 2 Keeps down, 3 people dead on their team none on our side, only KT and Aba to defend exposed core. My team decides to do boss, get chests, a turn in and then when all of them are back up then they wanna end... They even managed to just suicide 2 of them. Where does the matchmaker find these people, but hey I'm back in Platinum (barely).

4 games then Li Ming is officially my most played hero. Dethroning Zeratul, gotta try Vorpal Blade build soon.

Some details from the global tournament are interesting for instance 1st and 2nd actually means 1 series against a generally weak considered region less
Double Elimination First Group Stage – Eight teams battle it out in two groups of four, with four teams advancing to Group Stage Two.
Double Elimination Second Group Stage – Four winning teams from Group Stage One challenge the four teams who placed highest in the China, Korea, Europe, and North America regions. Four teams advance to the Single Elimination Playoff Bracket.

That this is gonna be a slaugherfest

Matches

Match 1 – Korea vs Latin America
Match 2 – North America vs Southeast Asia
Match 3 – Europe vs Taiwan
Match 4 – China vs Australia/New Zealand

brian!

Ok so there's a dunk skin for someone in league called darius that kind of makes sense because he makes a dunking motion for his ult...but azmodan doesnt even dunk tho????? Like he's more doing a soccer throw-in motion??? Hello???????????

Skin looks tight though and furthers my sense of heroes as a gleefully confused game, im into it

I guess it's kind of like in space jam where michael dunks from half court, if they made it so azmo's nubbly arms extended with the ball of fire itd probably be my first skin purchase for heroes

Syf

Banned
I guess it's kind of like in space jam where michael dunks from half court, if they made it so azmo's nubbly arms extended with the ball of fire itd probably be my first skin purchase for heroes
that would be fantastically absurd

Alavard

Speaking of Azmodan, when Gul'dan finally comes around, I want some funny interaction between them if Azmodan is using the Az'guldan skin.

Alur

Ok so there's a dunk skin for someone in league called darius that kind of makes sense because he makes a dunking motion for his ult...but azmodan doesnt even dunk tho????? Like he's more doing a soccer throw-in motion??? Hello???????????

Skin looks tight though and furthers my sense of heroes as a gleefully confused game, im into it

That's been discussed a ton around Azmo and all the dunk compilations. It's always been more of a three pointer from downtown than a dunk. That's why they gave the skin the jump shot motion. No need to extend his arms when he's actually shooting properly.

It's been called dunking because of the end of the animation, though. When the globe hits, it looks like it slams the ground and you get massive rag dolls from deaths caused that way. Just an emphatic slam. Azmodunk also rolls off the tongue better than Azmothree I guess lol

Alur

Tassaderp, Azmodank, and Illidont are the heroes we deserve, but not the ones Blizzard thinks we need right now.

Maledict

So it definitely seems like Mage build Falstad is a thing. Both C9 and Cog ran it.

I'm going to pretend I invented it based on my post from a month ago, naturally... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom