• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
speedo Tychus has belly physics. Oh my god.

is that why its legendary?

edit: jesus, apparently one of TGN Squadron members had all her streaming shit stolentaken back by an ex :/

Prelude.

I haven't seen it in one of the Stukov games I've watched so far, but what happens if he puts his silence thingy on a sieged Hammer? She stays there until she dies/Stukov gets interrupted?
I think he can outrange her if he picks the extended range on his E.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I haven't seen it in one of the Stukov games I've watched so far, but what happens if he puts his silence thingy on a sieged Hammer? She stays there until she dies/Stukov gets interrupted?
I think he can outrange her if he picks the extended range on his E.

she cant unsiege but she can use the mount boosters if they are up since its a mount.

kirblar

A lot of top-level players will pick the Z cooldown at L7 instead of First Aid explicitly because of that interaction on Hammer.

Just had a diamond 2 who took sylv specifically for solo lane. It failed (of course). I tried to have the allied Tassadar switch lanes and solo but nobody would listen :(

Next two games were shit shows too.

FeelsBad :(

WatTsu

It's been really nice getting back into HotS now that I have a functioning laptop again. The event is a lot of fun and has been pushing me to play at least a few rounds per day. Coming from Overwatch, the drop rates are actually sort of nice too. I also love the HotS 2.0 system - the account leveling makes way more sense and it's nice to be rewarded for trying different characters.

Speaking of Overwatch - I'm loving how they translated these characters into HotS. You play them basically the same way as in OW and you do fine. Zarya and D.Va in particular are a blast (it helps that they are some of my most-used characters in OW too).

One question - is there any way to actually find matches in quick play? I've been playing a lot of co-op against the AI but it'd be nice to actually play other people. Every time I try, it's a long wait (and always has been). I assume most people are in draft/ranked?

Ketch

Okay team, how do we nerf genji without removing him from the game?

I think reduce his HP

Remove the dodge talent, or make it one charge instead of 3

Cannot ninja flip (D) for 3 seconds after taking damage

Change lvl 20 dragon blade to: getting a kill instead of just a hit to extend the duration

Couple more radical ideas:

Don't let his E go through terrain or buildings

Make his heroic charge based like tracers, but still only available at lvl 10.... then they can adjust the charge rate to further balance.

kirblar

His HP is obviously too high and Dodge might just need to be straight up removed.

E not dodging Terrain actually would be reasonable as well, it doesn't do that in OW and his D already does that.

One question - is there any way to actually find matches in quick play? I've been playing a lot of co-op against the AI but it'd be nice to actually play other people. Every time I try, it's a long wait (and always has been). I assume most people are in draft/ranked?

you should find a match in under a minute generally.

Prelude.

You find games really fast, if you're solo queuing it should be a matter of seconds.
Playing vs AI matches doesn't give you any kind of mmr adjustment, so maybe you just need to play more QM until the game has a decent enough idea of your skill level so that it can have a pool of similar players to put you in.

Alur

The most people play Quick Match, actually. It goes QM > HL > Unranked > TL.

You shouldn't be seeing super long queue times, especially after the changes a while back. When you say long are you talking 3-4 minutes or like 10 minutes? Because one of those is actually long and the other is not.

At starting MMR you may still encounter some longer times than most of the population. I can't remember why that was happening, but even though that area of the MMR scale has by far the most players there was something in the algorithm that was causing a bit longer times by a minute or two. As Prelude said it may be also because you have no adjustment whatsoever yet. It may have been fixed when they did some of their changes a while back, I don't know for sure.

At any rate, when you select a hero you can see what the estimated wait time to play that hero is. If you're consistently doubling or tripling that, you might want to look at what server you're connecting to versus your current timezone.

scoobs

Okay team, how do we nerf genji without removing him from the game?

reduce his HP

Remove the dodge talent

Change lvl 20 dragon blade to: getting a kill instead of just a hit to extend the duration

These changes have to happen.

He's got 400 more base HP than Tracer, makes no sense.. The E range has to be nerfed too, he is way too safe in all situations and it makes no sense. Dodge makes him a hard counter to AA hereos, while he was already totally safe to dive on mages. Makes no sense. Nothing makes sense.

scoobs

Reduce e range, raise dblade cd, dodge only 2 charges, there he's balanced

Still think he's got too much health, and dodge will always be the pick as long as it exists (assuming they dont nerf it into uselessness) because it lets him dive on anyone without repercussion. Agree on the dblade CD, reasonable nerf. The lvl 20 upgrade continues to be a problem in that case though. Infinite dblade shouldn't be a thing.

brian!

Imo

The lvl 20 is alright, it lets him get isolated targets but doesnt help him in grouped fights outside of allowing him to weave in and out and have dblade up longer, which is def good but also worth a lvl 20 upgrade. The dodge is really strong but it's for nulling autos, that's it, it doesnt save him from a bad engage and the main issue for it is that it makes 1v1ing him oppressive. It should get nerfed but i feel like ppl mainly reacting to situations where dodge fukked them over.

I dont really feel like he needs less health but i cant really rationalize tracer health vs. genji health, tracer in this weird spot where it's alright for her to have low health cuz her autos work well w/ tass but that's not necessarily a good thing

Ketch

They can make the lvl 20 give extra duration enough to get 2 more swipes off baseline and then get enough for 2 more swipes on reset.

I feel like his abilities need to be more focused on "time to go in cus I can get the kill" instead of "time to go in cus I'm genji lul". His disengage is so completely free even if you're trash garbage on the hero, there's no risk. Like ever.

His Hp could be fine if they went all the way on the resets.

Maybe like changing ninja flip so it only reloads after getting a takedown or mounting up (with a lvl 1 talent).

Shurikens only recharging one charge at a time, but you get all 3 when you participate in a takedown.

having to charge up the heroic, and it charges slowly from auto attacks, but gets a big chunk (like 25%) from takedowns.

Then genji can still be genji shit, but it would actually be impressive instead of just a freely given.

brian!

I def want him going in a lot in risk/reward scenarios instead of hovering around on the outside like a creep until he can steal a kill

Maledict

I definitely like the idea that he shouldn't be able to use one of his mobility tools if he's been damaged. That's how blink dagger works, and that seems to be what they want him to be doing. Not being frigging unkillable due to insane mobility.

brian!

Noooo
It would effectively turn the most fun hero into one of the least fun heroes, li ming without the poke and lazer

he at least needs to be able to wait for stun cds to be down, e through the fight, isolate a backliner, cause the front line to turn back for peel, and get away, like maybe he was initially meant to be a vulture but they got something real fun going on with his current playstyle

Altairre

6 game losing streak woooooo. Chogall is such a terrible hero. If you run into him in qm without a coordinated team and enough percentaged based damage he's almost unkillable and will just decimate you.

Prelude.

I guess any day can be a weekend during summer break. Those were some awful games.

I also discovered that Alarak snowballs both sides. If the team is garbage, I drag them down even more.

Rhaknar

Prelu if I buy Cho'Gall are we gonna Cho'Gall?

Rhaknar

yes, thats why im asking if I buy him will we play him lol

Rhaknar

if he's not on next week's sales (which they announce tomorow night) ill buy him then

(I dont want to buy him now when youre not even on and then he shows up for sale and I get mad)

Ketch

Noooo
It would effectively turn the most fun hero into one of the least fun heroes, li ming without the poke and lazer

he at least needs to be able to wait for stun cds to be down, e through the fight, isolate a backliner, cause the front line to turn back for peel, and get away, like maybe he was initially meant to be a vulture but they got something real fun going on with his current playstyle

Yea. It is real fun. But the problem is it's fun because it works better then anybody else. As long as they don't have two stuns ready for me I get to chunk the back line risk free.

Like you just described what zeratul wants to do in a nut shell right? And zera is a goooood fucking hero right? But even zeratul doesn't get to do shit as free as genji and he's invisible.

Genji gets it waaaaay too easy. You don't have a small window, you don't even have to hit the skill shot, you don't need a heroic.... hell, you only need 1 talent to make it work.

I'm down with what you're saying, I'm down for having uniquely strong heroes, I don't advocate nerfs. but It's so brain dead that it's almost not even fun to play anymore and I'm not even good at the hero.

Imagine how much more awesome it would feel if you had to like save up your resources for that critical moment, a charged up heroic or some kind of gathering power mechanic.... instead of just we'll this rotation I was able to kill everybody instead of just two people.

brian!

I mean it's tru, he's fun cause he has all that mobility and he draws aggro, i don't mind if he gets harder to play as long as he can retain the playstyle he has right now.

I dont really feel like he's brain dead tho

Ketch

I mean it's tru, he's fun cause he has all that mobility and he draws aggro, i don't mind if he gets harder to play as long as he can retain the playstyle he has right now.

I dont really feel like he's brain dead tho

I mean you can play him really smart and maximize a bunch, but you just don't have to. I just feel like nobody can stop me, the only time I die is when I E into forts + 3 heroes, and even then it's still a trade.

scoobs

I mean you can play him really smart and maximize a bunch, but you just don't have to. I just feel like nobody can stop me, the only time I die is when I E into forts + 3 heroes, and even then it's still a trade.

If the other team is lucky enough to get Uther and Varian then you can die pretty easy to a stun chain but that is about it.

Fancolors

considering buying genji but not sure it's a good idea since I expect him to be nerfed to the ground in the near future 🤔🤔🤔

Top Bottom