• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

Played some Thrall today. His Q damage build is hot fucking garbage because you can almost never find a game where you'll get to stack it high enough to be worth a damn, but its fun so i keep doing it. I don't think Thrall is good enough to warrant picking over greymane, ragnaros, sonya, malthael, butcher... illidan.... leoric.. fucking anyone

Alur

We can always count on Familie to remind us there's no fun allowed. Everything must serious.

Real talk, though, it's a shame these dudes are getting Khroen and McIntyre's 10k+ due some roster changes and a team dissolving out from under Mc in particular.

Alur

Took your advice on Azmo scoobs, been having fun with him. Well, there were two games where someone fed - once 17 times as Malthael and we lost at level 26 (that was as long as I could prolong it), and once 11 times as Jaina - but even with that going on it's been pretty enjoyable.

There's a lot to do and interact with so it's always interesting, at least.

Alur

That would be good. Probably better than the one they are releasing, though this one is still better than everything else she has.

Man the unmasked Sonya Death Knight skin with the white/Arthas hair is gud.

sBM5dXZ.gif

brian!

A lot of these changes are pretty big, hard to say where most will land.

Ice block embedded into jaina's kit is a really great change. She seems like she'll be a lot more fun and active. Elemental buff looks significant, that ult gets less play than it should. Her new 20 gives her back her insta blink root combo, much better for a lvl 20 spike than ice block.

Chromie looks stronger, less dmg but should still be good.

Medic hard to say, need to see how she plays. Energy is a dangerous mechanic for her because she is supposed to be a heal battery, that dont mesh great with energy which usually results in actual resource management in other mobas. Itd be cool if the new energy on auto talent becomes necesary and forces her to be more active. HUGE nerf to medivac but it's still a great ult. Her lvl 7 looks nice, lost cleanse and mule which blizz are slowly phasing out.

They made leoric weird, nerfed q a bunch for pve but gave him the option at 4? Dunno the range on the splash from his auto but he already fails prtty hard against most soloers, more with this change, prob relegated to rotation clear? He seems pretty reliant on autos in lane, prob a situation where he either counters or is countered, even harder than it was before. If im understanding the numbers right if he qs and autos twice he still doesnt clear the ranged minions. Big buff to march and big nerf to entomb. Maybe the dream for him now is to hit 20 and get cleaving spectral leech with atspd. Wonder if tass shield lifesteal works with cleave dmg. His lvl 13 talents look really really strong. Seems like they want him to bruise, which kind of makes him an old school tank drawing aggro because leaving him alone will harm your team too much.

Pretty cool patch, none of the reworks look too insane.

brian!

It really looks like they focused on that aspect of his kit, he was a late game monster before but now he really ramps up. He might be dead weight before that tho, but i guess he can just wait for 4 and become leoric again

Ppl might have to actually draft disengage for him to deal with his mid/late game now

scoobs

I think his weird new auto attack cleave and focused attacks makes him pretty intriguing regardless. I'm excited to play him more than KT

brian!

It basically changed it from being able to perform just in time saves (not that rare!) and fight repositioning. Im actually unsure about the former, prob can do fine in a lot of situations and it's def a buff if it's a skirmish situation but i dont really expect it to ever leave the ground in team fights now, barring enemy team foolishness ofc.

Medivac actually functions really well as an escape on live, it's like popping old odin, most ppl just cast it at the wrong time

Watching mewn play kt, he seems really strong

There's a great medivac bug on ptr right now where if you cast it in a particular way (over walls/structures? close to structures?) you can control the medivac indefinitely with right click
https://clips.twitch.tv/TriumphantWildPandaSwiftRage

Oh you just hold righy click before liftoff

Vimes

Alright that does it, I'm just gonna beg for the Death Knight Arthas skin on reddit. So petty and weird that they've never brought it back.

Not sure about leoric changes. They felt compelled to nerf/change/move royal focus because of the AA splash or because the way it was used ended up not being how they imagined the ability to be is my guess, w/o the CDR to Q it's not the greatest tool to clear and comes way late.

March of the Black King is bonkers now.

brian!

Honestly if they are gonna give leoric those autos they might as well have kept him under the hood a bit longer and gave him interesting talents for it

Man the e 50% dmg reduc talent + some sort of e cdr talent you have to earn + autos extend w duration, that shit would be hype and make him a tru ghost to get away from

I feel like the e dmg reduc talent might be fair in practice since he has to be in position and it's very readable, but it's numbers are reaaally good. Hardened focus feels like a spooky talent but i dunno, either it toes the line (focus still kills leoric, this would be good), or it's not worth hitting him and it's a waste of a talent. Getting dove on with the e reduc talent would also give a free proc giving him a potentially better bonus than old hardened

kelthuzad feels incredibly strong
id say he's prob broken actually, post-10 he's basically a 15 cd chromie lol

Alur

Did you get the Nightmare mount, Milly?

This is the part I wanted to see, and not just with Chromie. Really all mages excepting Jaina over the life of the game have went through phases where it was just too easy to do a lot of damage by just tossing shit out. I think Valla is there right now, too.

TL;DR Good chromies will do even more damage, and bad chromies even less. Talent changes are relatively minor and merely removing a few boring talents in favor of interesting ones.

scoobs

The downside of having high QM MMR is they balance the match by dropping the worst player imaginable on your team. Feelsbad.

Alur

I have played probably 10-15 QM games in the past 3 days and only three or four games didn't have a Tyrande on the opposing team. Strangely I've only had two on my team. I assumed the Tyrande train had died down a bit, but definitely not. She's almost single handedly swung a few of my games against us, and she combo'd with me on Azmo to win a game with Starfall + Owl + dunk yesterday late game. The burst is real.

Alur

I've seen her trade with some unexpected heroes while starting out from <50% this week. Granted some of them were probably just playing badly, but damn it was crazy.

Alur

I didn't play as much for a bit, just a couple games a week, but having played a lot this week gotta say I agree with Kyle...the new "non mirror match matchmaking" is just as fucked as the mirror matches were.

Some comps you get now have absolutely no fucking hope. I got one a little while ago with Jaina + Chromie + Kael'thas. People always say you never go double mage, well triple is even worse boyz. We didn't have a tank and it was just Greymane shitting on them like nobodies business.

Look good, play moderately decent, feel good:

Alur

Yeah it is a shame. I hope they are going to give out more going forward because it didn't seem like there were a ton going on relative to the number of people watching those streams.

Top Bottom