• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Def Media Lovefest: The war is over and we can all go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4Lukins

Can we change the whole vibe of this thread? Despite the title, this has become the HD movie thread. I would actually enjoy visiting here if people would talk about news, talk about new releases, and yes talk about sales, but without the whole format wars fannery all the time.

I have to admit I am cheering for the HD-DVD camp. Not because I hate Sony, but because it worries me to have a company who owns a major film studio who actually owns the catalogues of other major film studios controlling the format of all films. That has not stopped me from buying a dozen BR films. But I do think this early competition thing is good for consumers. I doubt you would see HD movies below thirty bucks at this point if there were not two companies competing.

Beyond that though, I doubt anyone who is currently investing in HD content is making any money at all. If you look at the difference in sales for an average title, it is 20K versus 40K, (numbers completely pulled out of my ass)... and after production costs I doubt either is improving a studios bottom line. Even for Universal, at the very worst, they double dip when they change camps.

I know this thread became the retreat zone for PS3 fans who needed a victory, but now that the PS3 has a spark of hope, it would be nice if it became a non-fanboy discussion thread. HD-DVD is not going to die until they lose support from the major studios they have. And BR will not actually kill them off until they get into that 10 percent zone. Just look at the VG market. Microsoft and Nintendo survived with a combination of 35 percent of the console market.

thaivo

Chemo said:
Holy shit, you're right. It does have more functionality. I guess that's the main thing. Here I was, thinking that having more content was what was important.

Hey you asked what was less. There is less functionality. I never said there was more content.

thaivo

C4Lukins said:
Can we change the whole vibe of this thread? Despite the title, this has become the HD movie thread. I would actually enjoy visiting here if people would talk about news, talk about new releases, and yes talk about sales, but without the whole format wars fannery all the time.

I agree with all of the points of your post except for this one, but mainly because the thread title talks about the take over of the medium by BD. Who doesn't like a good debate? :lol I admit to being biased, very biased, so it's fun to me to argue for HD-DVD.

Raistlin

rubso said:
Actually, I was expecting they would release re-mastered version of almost every blu-ray movie have used MPEG-2 codecs sooner or later, now I think they have to re-encode over 100~ blu-ray movie just to make it look more "HD-ier", now I want "Stir of Echoes" and "Memento" remastered versions for great justice >.<.

Many of the MPEG2 releases don't need to be remastered though ... since some of them are near reference quality.

thaivo said:
Not comparable at all? The transition from one prevailing video format to another more advanced format is not comparable at all? Are you serious?

Yes, I am. DVD to VHS was completely different for a number of reasons.

VHS was marketed as a record at home format FIRST, and a rental market second. typical copies of VHS movies ran $99 or more on release. it was not a buyers market and not intended to be.

DVD on the other hand was set up to be a quantum shift away from VHS, but not a complete replacement. Why? DVD's DID NOT RECORD. You still wanted a recorder, you needed to have both machines still connected. Not only was DVD NOT marketed as a recordable format (recordable DVD didn't become mass market for nearly 5 years after launch) but studios priced retail DVD at a full QUARTER of the cost of VHS copies, and for a VERY long time DVD copies were available to purchase FIRST, months before the VHS copies were- giving movie buffs a HUGE incentive to jump on board DVD if they wanted to see their favorite film.

on top of that, DVD marketed itself as more durable and convenient than VHS, making it much more attractive to the collector set. If VHS was the format of the Renter, DVD was postitioned as the choice of the buyer/collector.

Now, look at BRD/HD-DVD vs. DVD. The two formats are PRECISELY the same in form and function. both are exactly the same size, and of equivalent durability. You get a BRD/HD-DVD player, you can throw your DVD player away, because it's useless. BRD's are not priced below the retail cost of DVD, (in fact, they're pricier) and they don't release first...at best it's the same time and occasionally it's much later, or missing bonus material found in DVD sets.

So in short, The incentives for upgrading from VHS to DVD are COMPLETELY and TOTALLY different than those for upgrading from DVD to BRD/HD-DVD. Hell, those who don't have HD sets have no reason to upgrade at all. It's nowhere near a comparable situation.

Everyone of Warner's HD-DVD discs has a trailer that expounds those very features. Most marketing materials for HD-DVD also focus on these features. I myself did not buy my HD player for these features, but to ignore them, and say that they are meaningless is not to be honest. They matter, and just because BD is currently not meeting such standards, doesn't mean that once such functionality on BD appears it will still be meaningless to you...

any advertisement of HDi features comes a distant second to the emphasis placed on the upgrade in picture and sound quality. Saying anything otherwise is either grossly dishonest, or pure idiocy. I'm done debating this point with you.

Bull? I didn't say that people didn't know of the new formats, I was saying that they didn't know I was playing a HD-DVD until I told them. This is from first hand experience. Perhaps our frame of reference is different. What I am saying is not "bull". I agree that there is a big difference between broadcast SD and broadcast HD. There is a markedly smaller difference between DVD and HDM... and that was what I was speaking of.

If it's so "markedly smaller" then why is this thread filled with enthusiasts who swear otherwise? My personal experience is a complete 180 from yours as well. True HD content spanks DVD any day of the week.

You said that resolution and picture quality was the only reason people upgrade. I was just saying that it isn't, and I backed it up with first hand experience, as well as past format changes. I don't see how I am putting words in your mouth.

er, YOU claimed I said that Blu-ray had a superior picture quality to HD-DVD, when no one anywhere said anything of the sort. Should I quote you again, since you seem to have forgotten what you posted?

Finally, are you saying that Blu-Ray discs have better picture quality than HD-DVD's? This doesn't seem to be the case, at least when I've compared to two at stores, and the comparison pics that I've seen.

this WAS you, wasn't it?

thaivo

DarkJediKnight said:
Hdi is amazing. I have always been in favor of extras. IMO, it is integral that the next gen discs separate themselves from DVD through extra features. It will attract many. However, they are what they are: extras. The true showpiece is and always will be PQ and SQ. This is something the HD DVD supporters (Universal, Warner, Paramount) doesn't get.

I agree, and this brings to head my main argument. If it is picture quality that is most important, and almost no one can tell the difference between an HD-DVD and BD, then what's the point of paying the extra funds?

thaivo

Manmademan said:
quantum shift away from VHS

quan·tum - The smallest amount of a physical quantity that can exist independently, especially a discrete quantity of electromagnetic radiation.

I'd say it was more than a quatum shift.. :D

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
thaivo said:
I agree, and this brings to head my main argument. If it is picture quality that is most important, and almost no one can tell the difference between an HD-DVD and BD, then what's the point of paying the extra funds?

Um, because Bluray has a lot more exclusives that I (and a lot of other people) like?

The only HD-DVD movie that I really wish was on Bluray is Children of Men, but 1 isn't enough to make me buy a player.

I was wondering if someone could clear up something for me. The new Fifth Element remastered Blu-Ray comes with Uncompressed 5.1 PCM, Dolby TrueHD 5.1 and French Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. It was my understanding that Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks are required for Blu-Ray discs and that Dolby TrueHD always come shadowed even if not labeled with a Dolby Digital soundtrack. However, I've been hearing that people using optical output have been getting a 2.0 or Dolby Pro Logic mix out of the new Fifth Element. Can anyone confirm or deny that the new remaster has a Dolby Digital 5.1 track over optical? I was about to order it but I may hold off if there isn't a standard DD 5.1 track.

thaivo

Manmademan said:
Yes, I am. DVD to VHS was completely different for a number of reasons.

VHS was marketed as a record at home format FIRST, and a rental market second. typical copies of VHS movies ran $99 or more on release. it was not a buyers market and not intended to be.

Of course in every comparison there are differences, but to totally ignore the similarities and analogies that do exist is to have tunnel vision.

Manmademan said:
If it's so "markedly smaller" then why is this thread filled with enthusiasts who swear otherwise? My personal experience is a complete 180 from yours as well. True HD content spanks DVD any day of the week.

Are you saying that you do not see the difference between SD broadcast and DVD, and that there is not a smaller difference from DVD to HD-DVD than there is with SD broadcast to HD-DVD? If you are, you are off your rocker.. :lol

Manmademan said:
er, YOU claimed I said that Blu-ray had a superior picture quality to HD-DVD, when no one anywhere said anything of the sort. Should I quote you again, since you seem to have forgotten what you posted?

Finally, are you saying that Blu-Ray discs have better picture quality than HD-DVD's? This doesn't seem to be the case, at least when I've compared to two at stores, and the comparison pics that I've seen.

this WAS you, wasn't it?

Your quote just proved my point. I didn't put words in your mouth. I asked you a question as to what you were trying to argue. That is what punctuation is used for. :lol

Obviously I seem to have annoyed you. My intention is not to antagonize, but to argue for the side of HD-DVD, which I truly feel have strong reasons for being the way they are, and those reasons coincide with my common sense. Lower price point, same quality, better interactivity. I don't see how those are negatives.

thaivo said:
quan·tum - The smallest amount of a physical quantity that can exist independently, especially a discrete quantity of electromagnetic radiation.

I'd say it was more than a quatum shift.. :D

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
quan·tum /&#712;kw&#594;nt&#601;m/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kwon-tuhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -ta /-t&#601;/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[-tuh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, adjective
–noun
1. quantity or amount: the least quantum of evidence.
2. a particular amount.
3. a share or portion.
4. a large quantity; bulk.
5. Physics.
a. the smallest quantity of radiant energy, equal to Planck's constant times the frequency of the associated radiation.
b. the fundamental unit of a quantized physical magnitude, as angular momentum.
–adjective

How's that working out for you? you know...being wrong all the time? :lol :lol

Are you saying that you do not see the difference between SD broadcast and DVD, and that there is not a smaller difference from DVD to HD-DVD than there is with SD broadcast to HD-DVD? If you are, you are off your rocker..

I said nothing of the sort. I simply said that the diffence between DVD and HDTV resolutions was not "markedly smaller."

is...english your first language? you seem to be struggling with some of the nuances. If you're having difficulty, I would be more than happy to devote some time to school you.

Chemo

I need some hot VanMardigan on Crayon Shinchan action ASAP to break up this whole thaivo affair.

Can you guys deliver?

thaivo

Manmademan said:
How's that working out for you? you know...being wrong all the time? :lol :lol

Wrong all the time? Two definitions for the same word, and I pick one, and I am wrong? :lol

Are you saying that everything I say lacks merit, because that is a more serious allegation. To me I'm being sensible.

thaivo said:
Wrong all the time? Two definitions for the same word, and I pick one, and I am wrong? :lol

Are you saying that everything I say lacks merit, because that is a more serious allegation. To me I'm being sensible.

Dictionary definitions are typically listed in order of common use. The fact that you were completely ignorant of the other uses for that particular word speaks volumes. Again..."how's that working out for you..."

knock yourself out. I'm done here and it's late on the east coast.

thaivo

Manmademan said:
Dictionary definitions are typically listed in order of common use. The fact that you were completely ignorant of the other uses for that particular word speaks volumes. Again..."how's that working out for you..."

knock yourself out. I'm done here and it's late on the east coast.

1. quantity or amount: the least quantum of evidence.
2. a particular amount.
3. a share or portion.

I think it is off topic, but the first three definitions that you quoted lean more towards portions and small amounts than a large number or mass. I'm not even going to address question about my nationality or ability to speak English, as I see that as a cheap shot, grasping at straws and such.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Chemo said:
I need some hot VanMardigan on Crayon Shinchan action ASAP to break up this whole thaivo affair.

Can you guys deliver?

Oh, alright.

Van Mardigan, you smell, and HD-DVD causes you to smell, and have sub-par intelligence.
You smell.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
hay guys what's... Nevermind. Anyone have any idea how much Harry Potter will retail for? I'm not paying $200 for that box set. Blade Runner is on 5 discs? WTF did I read that right?

thaivo

Days like these... said:
hay guys what's... Nevermind. Anyone have any idea how much Harry Potter will retail for? I'm not paying $200 for that box set. Blade Runner is on 5 discs? WTF did I read that right?

http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6461120.html

The Harry Potter set, priced at $119.97 standard-definition and $149.99 Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD, will hold the first five films including the most recent theatrical installment, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It represents the first time Warner has enhanced a Potter collection with exclusive memorabilia, which includes bookmarks and collectible trading cards.

As for Blade Runner... this is what is known of the "DVD" release. It's probably the same for HD-DVD or BD.

Disc 1 -- The Final Cut -- Ridley Scott's "definitive" version of the film, complete with new footage, extended scenes and upgraded special effects.

Disc 2 -- Older Versions -- Here you'll find the 1982 theatrical cut, the 1982 international cut and the 1992 director's cut, which is most likely what's in your DVD collection right now.

Disc 3 -- Dangerous Days: The Making of Blade Runner -- A brand-new, feature-length documentary that looks to be the "definitive" piece on the film. Cast and crew, critics and colleagues will share their thoughts on the production, the film and the long-lasting impact of Blade Runner.

Disc 4 -- Enhanced Bonus Content -- A whole disc full of featurettes that will focus on six distinct areas: Inception, Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production, Release, Legacy

Disc 5 -- Work Print -- A rough-cut version of the film, plus a 52-minute BBC documentary that's generally considered one of the coolest looks at the film.

Costanza

Banned
thaivo said:

The Harry Potter set, priced at $119.97 standard-definition and $149.99 Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD, will hold the first five films including the most recent theatrical installment, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It represents the first time Warner has enhanced a Potter collection with exclusive memorabilia, which includes bookmarks and collectible trading cards.
I think Amazon will probably discount that set to around 120 or so.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i almost think we need two threads: a format bickering thread and a high def movie thread. i admit i've done some of the former, but it just goes nowhere, and the news i read this thread for gets completely drowned out.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
thaivo said:

As for Blade Runner... this is what is known of the "DVD" release. It's probably the same for HD-DVD or BD.

Disc 1 -- The Final Cut -- Ridley Scott's "definitive" version of the film, complete with new footage, extended scenes and upgraded special effects.

Disc 2 -- Older Versions -- Here you'll find the 1982 theatrical cut, the 1982 international cut and the 1992 director's cut, which is most likely what's in your DVD collection right now.

Disc 3 -- Dangerous Days: The Making of Blade Runner -- A brand-new, feature-length documentary that looks to be the "definitive" piece on the film. Cast and crew, critics and colleagues will share their thoughts on the production, the film and the long-lasting impact of Blade Runner.

Disc 4 -- Enhanced Bonus Content -- A whole disc full of featurettes that will focus on six distinct areas: Inception, Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production, Release, Legacy

Disc 5 -- Work Print -- A rough-cut version of the film, plus a 52-minute BBC documentary that's generally considered one of the coolest looks at the film.

I would only consider getting such a box set, if the box itself was presentable and had space for 2 more movies. Otherwise what's the point? They're just going to do it again after they finish the series.

god, I'm such a ho for blockbuster movies.

thaivo

Crayon Shinchan said:
I would only consider getting such a box set, if the box itself was presentable and had space for 2 more movies. Otherwise what's the point? They're just going to do it again after they finish the series.

I'm actually quite fearful that they are going to do what they did with the Matrix Trilogy. I only want the first movie, but you're currently forced to buy all three. I don't like the first two Potters, loved the third, haven't seen the rest.

thaivo said:

What extra funds? There has NEVER been a Blu-ray disc that costs more than the HD counterpart.

Players? Blu-ray players have been much more reliable than HD DVD players as a whole. Blu-ray players have always been faster, has resume function, etc. Plus, the companies actually make money off of the players. So they will be more expensive.

It's up to you to decide if paying extra to get the Blu-ray exclusives is worth the extra.

lupin23rd

Anyone know if the blank BD cases from SleeveTown match up to the case that Casino Royale came in (same shape, same color and same "etched" logo)?

I just got Letters from Iwo Jima and the cases is broken in two places, and I figured if the movie isn't broken as well, I'll just keep it and order a bunch of blank cases since Warner doesn't know what the **** a BD case is supposed to look like, yet they have a lot of movies I watch.

thaivo

DarkJediKnight said:
Players? Blu-ray players have been much more reliable than HD DVD players as a whole. Blu-ray players have always been faster, has resume function, etc. Plus, the companies actually make money off of the players. So they will be more expensive.
Yep, players. That's where Toshiba has an advantage over those CE companies that are making BD players. Most cannot sell players nearly as cheap as Toshiba or Sony, as they do not receive royalties from the disc sales. These CE companies, Samsung, LG, etc. have to make their profit from the players. Therefore, not only Toshiba, but Sony have a advantage in pricing. Although Sony would likely not want to alienate their allies by undercutting them by too much.

DarkJediKnight said:
It's up to you to decide if paying extra to get the Blu-ray exclusives is worth the extra.

Yep, I agree. Although HD-DVD does have Universal, which is exclusive. I'm not saying that this is equivalent to Fox and Disney, but there's always two sides to every coin.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
lupin23rd said:
Anyone know if the blank BD cases from SleeveTown match up to the case that Casino Royale came in (same shape, same color and same "etched" logo)?

Exactly the same. I ordered one from them to replace my Casino Royale case and it matches perfectly.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Warm Machine said:
I'm still dissapointed in the image quality of The 5th Element even with the remaster judging by those images.

Complaining for the sake of complaining?

Past a certain point, the limiter of the IQ is going to be the master itself, not the transfer.

Costanza

Banned
Warm Machine said:
I'm still dissapointed in the image quality of The 5th Element even with the remaster judging by those images.
I picked it up earlier (first viewing, damn it was great) and it looks really good for a 10 year old movie.

Aaron

Crayon Shinchan said:
Complaining for the sake of complaining?

Past a certain point, the limiter of the IQ is going to be the master itself, not the transfer.
Really it's the source materials, unless you want to reshoot the whole movie to make up for the the fact the orginal was on degraded film stock or whatever. Some movies just aren't going to look that good in HD.

Thaivo, that may have been how it got rolling, but the majority of the industry belonging to the Blu-Ray group and the majority of studios supporting it makes it no more a proprietary format than DVD was. HD DVD, on the other hand, is more tightly bound to a single company (Toshiba) than Blu-Ray is (Sony). FOr further evidence, just look at the fact that there are a lot more companies making Blu-Ray players. Why do you think that is?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
thaivo said:
At this point in their lifespan, relative to DVD, you're paying extra funds for either format to get access to an extremely limited library of titles which you're also paying extra funds for per title. You argue that you're trying to bring common sense into this but all you're doing is splitting hairs over how much money people choose to put towards their luxury purchases.

He's not splitting hairs, he's trying to find any leverage at all to make HD DVD come out better. He's not arguing forward from facts, but backwards from a pre-set conclusion.

Sanjuro

I'm back. Because of the hate I ended up bailing out of this thread. My past situation was to purchase a $90 HD-DVD add-on or get a PS3 again to obtain TMNT on an HD medium. I ended up getting a deal on a 20GB PS3 the other day for $200. This also satisfies my hunger on Ninja Gaiden as well. While BR is still missing out on some other releases I want (Batman Begins/Children of Men), I'm quite excited to get Blade Runner:The Final Cut. Are there any other must own titles or obscure that I have missed out on within the last few months?

jjasper

Harry Potter Years 1-5 Limited Edition Gift Set (will hold the first five films including the most recent theatrical installment, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) $149.99, no date though and no info on individual releases.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Ignatz Mouse said:
The Departed
Casino Royale

And the Pirates movies look great, but I would hardly call them must-own.

They're must-own for me if I ever go blu.

Oh and crayon is a child-like fairy with consistently bad breath who makes terrible choices due to his lack of decision-making ability and discernible talent. Plus, blu ray sucks and the Ps3 will continue to tank right into oblivion until sony is bankrupt.

Sorry I got here too late, chemo, and that's the best I could come up with.

Sanjuro

Ignatz Mouse said:
The Departed
Casino Royale

And the Pirates movies look great, but I would hardly call them must-own.
I want nothing to do with the Pirates after the last film. But the first two mentioned I already had on my mind and I haven't seen the Departed since the theatrical run. Also I think my friend with my old PS3 still has my copy of the Prestige which I must obtain once again.

yacobod

Banned
anyone experience anything like this with their ps3?

sometimes when i insert a bluray disc, my system does not immediately recognize the disc and seems to be stuck loading/reading the discs, so i might have to reinsert the disc a few times before it loads it, or a quick system restart fixes it right away, so i dont know if i have a bad system, or maybe i should try sitting the system horizontally instead of vertically, i know its not the discs themsevles as they are all brand new, and my system is updated

Petrarca

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
I'm back. Because of the hate I ended up bailing out of this thread. My past situation was to purchase a $90 HD-DVD add-on or get a PS3 again to obtain TMNT on an HD medium. I ended up getting a deal on a 20GB PS3 the other day for $200. This also satisfies my hunger on Ninja Gaiden as well. While BR is still missing out on some other releases I want (Batman Begins/Children of Men), I'm quite excited to get Blade Runner:The Final Cut. Are there any other must own titles or obscure that I have missed out on within the last few months?

The Departed
Casino Royale
Blood Diamond
Pirates 1 & 2
Apocalypto

yacobod

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
I want nothing to do with the Pirates after the last film. But the first two mentioned I already had on my mind and I haven't seen the Departed since the theatrical run. Also I think my friend with my old PS3 still has my copy of the Prestige which I must obtain once again.

best PQ out of the movies i own would go something like this

pirates 2&1
casino royale
apocalypto
crank
kingdom of heaven

thaivo

Ignatz Mouse said:
Thaivo, that may have been how it got rolling, but the majority of the industry belonging to the Blu-Ray group and the majority of studios supporting it makes it no more a proprietary format than DVD was. HD DVD, on the other hand, is more tightly bound to a single company (Toshiba) than Blu-Ray is (Sony). FOr further evidence, just look at the fact that there are a lot more companies making Blu-Ray players. Why do you think that is?

No, I do see your point, and it is sensible to construe the fact that Toshiba is currently alone as the manufacturer of HD-DVD as their pushing a proprietary format. Although there are some manufacturers (ONKY, Liteon, etc.) that are going to be joining Toshiba soon, and yes I know they are not equivalent to Samsumg or LG.

Also, as you've seen in the article, it is hard to argue against the fact that they were all a part of the same DVD forum, and that that forum had been working for years on the new format. Sony and few others (not the majority) actually intentionally stalled process due to the fact that they were developing their own format on the side, and refuse to vote rather than just voting no when matters were brought up under approval.

From my view, Sony left a group trying to put together a standard that was most consumer friendly, and chose a road that is in many ways similar to what they did with their PS3. Perhaps the technical features are there that are better than competing configurations, but at what price and at what real world benefit. Comparing a game on the 360 and the PS3, there is presently a marginal difference, and comparing a BD and a HD-DVD there is even less of a difference. What was shocking to some was at the beginning HD-DVD looked so much better, and some titles even to this day released with better functionality (i.e. 300, Blood Diamond).

What is surprising with the HD-DVD vs. BD debate is that HD-DVD comes up on top in a number of ways, and many of those are technology items. The primary argument for BD is that it has more content providers, which is true and the main trump card for BD, and I have never said that that wasn't the case. However, it seems that BD supporters here are trying to say that HD-DVD is in some way completely lacking in content.

rc213 said:
Also why would anyone want something that costs less when the content isn't there?

I think such statements show that the BD camp's FUD has worked to some point. HD-DVD has been called dead since 2005 by BD supporters.

Ignatz Mouse said:
He's not splitting hairs, he's trying to find any leverage at all to make HD DVD come out better. He's not arguing forward from facts, but backwards from a pre-set conclusion.

Perhaps, I admit that I'm biased and dislike Sony, but you admit that I am arguing from facts.. :D

I just picked up Waiting this morning. This is my first True 7.1 title. Unfortunately, there's not a lot going on in the audio as it's mainly dialogue. The picture does look really good. Think Crank but not as sharp.

Now I'm waiting for Lionsgate to re-release Terminator 2 on a 50gb extended cut with 7.1 PCM or DTS MA.

On a sad note, my Marantz receiver fried. It was completely my fault. It didn't have enough ventilation and I knew it. Leave breathing space for your amps folks. It was too big for the little space I had for it. I'm going to talk to Marantz to see if it's salvagable. I paid $2000 for it. Damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom